Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey

Notices

Old 04-07-2008, 06:20 AM   #1
redbanditZ28

Hey, Has anyone been to that new Sonics that Opened in Waretown, NJ?

I usually go crabbing in Waretown in the summer amd I notcied last summer that the foundation was up for the Sonics Drive in restaurant. I just wanted to know if anyone on here goes there or has been there? Also, do any Fbody people ever have car shows there or anything? I hope they build one around Central NJ some day.
redbanditZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
JerzLT1

yeah ive been there and it was AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. i used to eat sonic every day when i was in texas so it was a nice treat. the 45min drive was well worth it. easy to find too
Old 04-07-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I haven't been but its 5 minutes from our shorehouse so I will definitely hit it up for the summer.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 06:19 PM   #4
Desert Diva

Sonics were good, we had them in Tucson as well, nice place to stop in the summertime
06 Harley Fat Boy
Desert Diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2008, 08:44 PM   #5
redbanditZ28

I was about to say that I am surprised so many people know about Sonics, but they are definitely more prevalent elsewhere than NJ. Thats cool though. I am from Somerset County, so the trip is a long one. I am definitely stopping there when I go crabbing this summer. Thats will make the day trip a whole lot better.

Gotta get the Strawberry Slush 44. I think its the 44, the biggest one they have. I really hope they build another in NJ. I swear, the south has the better restaurant chains than the north.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:54 PM   #6
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbanditZ28 View Post
I was about to say that I am surprised so many people know about Sonics, but they are definitely more prevalent elsewhere than NJ. Thats cool though. I am from Somerset County, so the trip is a long one. I am definitely stopping there when I go crabbing this summer. Thats will make the day trip a whole lot better.

Gotta get the Strawberry Slush 44. I think its the 44, the biggest one they have. I really hope they build another in NJ. I swear, the south has the better restaurant chains than the north.
you've never had white castle have you?

Quote:
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
redbanditZ28

I've been to White Castle. I have one by my house in Green Brook on Rt. 22. I can't go there too often though. White Castle food comes back at me and I get sick from it. I mean they taste great and all, but I can't stomach them. Sonics has great drinks though. I wish there was another chain that made drinks like Sonics around Central/Northern NJ.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:13 AM   #8
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Thumbs up

They are opening a Sonic in Millville - the newspaper said that it was to be open for business this June...Pretty exciting stuff!! Sonic FTW!!!!!
Old 04-08-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
redbanditZ28

Wow, that is good news. You really just made my day. Thanks for the info. That place will get so much of my business. I really hope one opens up around Somerset/Hunterdon County. For those of you who go to the one in Waretown, are there ever any cruises or car shows there, being its a drive in?
Old 04-11-2008, 12:36 AM   #10
redbanditZ28

Just to give you guys an update, I emailed Sonics not too long ago and I heard back from a Public Relations employee and she told me that they are currently scouting lots in Somerset County and that I should expect to see a Sonics built near by in the next 12-13 months.

Great news. Thats cool that one is getting built in Millville, but the Waretwon one would still be closer to me. I guess I'll have to wait it out for another year. Assuming the lady was accurate in what she said.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #11
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I went to the one in Waretown quite a few months ago and it was good. Even better was that they botched our order and we got everything we wanted for FREE. It is almost a 2 hr ride for me so I hope they open a few others close by.

-Brian

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

The Wife and I have been there a few times. The first 2 times we couldnt even get in it was so packed. Its about a 45 minute ride from here. Then again we drove 2 hours to the one in Pa just for Sonic. 2 hours there, 30 mins to eat then 2 hours right back, heh. Cant wait for them to build one near me.
NumberTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:41 PM   #13
redbanditZ28

Thats what I like about Sonics. Even if they mess your order up, they'll comp the whole thing. At least thats happened to me in the past at some location down south.

Thats great news NumberTwo about the Sonics getting packed with people. I really hope that shows them to build more in NJ. I'd love to see one in Woodbridge, Bridgewater, or on Rt 18 in East Brunswick near Race Way Park. I bet you that would pack people in in the summer. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get into the place the first few times. I'd imagine that was a let down.

Thats cool you went to one in PA. Which location was it at? I usually go to the one in or near Lancaster by the shopping outlets.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:31 PM   #14
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

I hope they build one in B'water, but I dunno. Or maybe one at the old Flemington Fairgrounds where the Walmart is coming in.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #15
madness410

haha anyone wanna go in with me as a business partner and try to open one near englishtown?
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:58 PM   #16
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbanditZ28 View Post
Thats what I like about Sonics. Even if they mess your order up, they'll comp the whole thing. At least thats happened to me in the past at some location down south.

Thats great news NumberTwo about the Sonics getting packed with people. I really hope that shows them to build more in NJ. I'd love to see one in Woodbridge, Bridgewater, or on Rt 18 in East Brunswick near Race Way Park. I bet you that would pack people in in the summer. Sorry to hear that you couldn't get into the place the first few times. I'd imagine that was a let down.

Thats cool you went to one in PA. Which location was it at? I usually go to the one in or near Lancaster by the shopping outlets.
We went to the one in Morgantown. It wasnt that bad of a ride. One of my customers Bosses bought up the franchise rights to Somerset and Essex counties. The guy owns like 40 Dunkin Donuts. Apparently you first have to apply for a territory, then you can find sites and build. The man is filthy rich and this is just a side venue for him and his brother.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:18 PM   #17
Knipps

hmm... how much of an investment does it take for one of these properties?
I've got a few ideas

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:51 AM   #18
redbanditZ28

You know, I wouldn't mind at all trying to open a franchise of my own, but I just don't have the money or even the money to risk as this point in my life. However, I am pretty confident that if someone did open one up anywhere in Somerset or Middlesex county, it would make money hand over fist with no problem. I really think one by Englishtown or East Brunswick would do great. I mean imagine anyone who goes to the track there, or just imagine the hoards of people that rountinely drive rt 18 passing by a place like sonics. The funny thing is that it would probably cause even more traffic on 18 than usual. Plus, I don't have a clue how much it costs to get one up and running either. But if anyone decides to do it, I am sure they won't be sorry, unless Sonics are idiots like Quiznos and treats their franchise owners with no decency.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:30 PM   #19
Knipps

http://www.sonicdrivein.com/business...AFranchise.jsp
  • The term of a SONIC franchise is 20 years, plus a 10-year renewal.
  • The franchise fee is $45,000, with a total initial investment ranging from $710,000 to $2.3 million.
  • You must have prior or current successful restaurant experience and/or strong entrepreneurial skills.
  • Royalty fees are 4 to 5 percent; advertising fees are 5.9 percent.

New Jersey (Essex and Hudson counties) are the only areas available for development & you have to open 2+

Quote:
dumbass.

Last edited by Knipps; 04-23-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #20
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

If Essex is still available, then Hunterdon and Somerset are the two the guy has development rights to. The investment money is silly, but if they all get the same influx of people like Waretown then they will recoup their monies in no time. Im just glad thereis one in NJ. I got tired of seeing their commercials and not having one close. Now Jack In The Box or whatever either needs to stop running commercials or build one here.
Old 04-23-2008, 05:50 PM   #21
redbanditZ28

I agree about Jack in the Box. I see there commercials and I think I saw on their website that they are mostly a west coast franchise. I hate seeing these people advertising their great looking food and the closest location is like 3 states away. lol. I wish they'd build a chic-fil-a closer to where I live. Closest one is the Woodbridge or Menlo mall. I also saw a Cici's advertised. It didn't look as interesting as other places and I am sure other places make better pizzas than they do, but still they offer a good price for an all you can eat buffet. I acutally first heard about Jack in the Box from the Pul Fiction movie. I wonder if there is a Big Kahuna burger.

When you say the guy has development rights, you mean he intends to build sonic franchises right? or does it mean that he just owns the rights and may not do anything with them?

I agree though, I am just glad they have 1 in NJ.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #22
NumberTwo
13 Second Club

He plans on building in the counties that he has rights to.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey