Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 03-17-2013, 07:33 PM   #26
WSex

thats not correct. he said he verified it was shut when he restarted the car. he snapped it shut. he cant confirm the tb was manually closed. thats why i asked him to get a friend to manually keep it shut.
WSex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:36 PM   #27
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
thats not correct. he said he verified it was shut when he restarted the car. he snapped it shut. he cant confirm the tb was manually closed. thats why i asked him to get a friend to manually keep it shut.
He can do that alone with the hood open and lid/ maf off the car

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:37 PM   #28
WSex

yes he can, but he did not verify the tb was closed while it revved to the moon as you said.

b4c are you going to try this?
WSex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:41 PM   #29
B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSex View Post
yes he can, but he did not verify the tb was closed while it revved to the moon as you said.

b4c are you going to try this?
Next time it does it, like I said intermittent problem that I cannot duplicate. Last time It did it I popped the hood and grabbed the cable at the throttle body, pulled it wide open and shut it, I did not have the maf/bellows off to look at it but the cable was slack and the pedal was not stuck on the floor.

Last edited by B4C; 03-17-2013 at 07:46 PM.
B4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #30
V
Stalker

OK... serious post here...

My 01 SS had a similar random issue... If i would go full throttle, sometimes the pedal would stay on the floor and the car would keep going wide open. It happened a handful of times yet no one ever believed me and thought I was just messing around. One day my friend was driving it and happened to him too. When it did occur, I'd just keep kicking the gas pedal and within 2-3 seconds it would go back to normal. It scared me and I started seeing what variables were consistent when it would happen. I finally realized that if cruise was not in the full off position is the only times it would happen. Even though cruise was not engaged, it would only happen if cruise control was technically on "standby". Make sure the switch is in the full off position and see if it still happens. That ended my issues. Now if it still happens, I don't know what to tell you.

Last edited by V; 03-17-2013 at 10:46 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 PM   #31
S.J.SLEEPER

Ok, My previous post was being typed as B4c posted that it was after blade being wide open & snapped shut, so I didn't see it.
So...no, I don't believe ther is a vacuum leak. Reading all the comments you have made regarding how, when, & the intermittent events, I would say it is one of2 or 3 things.

1st. off throttle blade doesn't have to be wide open for engine to reach high rpms due to no load on the engine when started, in nuetral or park etc..

Do you have a stock tb or aftermarket? I have seen plenty aftermarket ones stick partially open (mostly f.a.s.t.) to cause same problem.

You cruise motor assy by battery could be acting up, could also be a combination of things. Check the slack adjustment clips on cable, I have seen these get unclipped,break, & or slip.

I would just eliminate all that garbage & put a non-cruise throttle cable in it.

p.s. If you have had the iac off of the tb, pull it back off to confirm oring is still present.
South Jersey Racecraft

Last edited by S.J.SLEEPER; 03-17-2013 at 11:24 PM.
S.J.SLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning