Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 06-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #1
LoudAssZ

LT1 too LT4 Conversion

So I have a 95 Z and wanted to do a LT4 conversion.. Does anyone know where I can get parts for a reasonable price?? If so and you have websites please leave them...Thanks
LoudAssZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

www.gmpartsdirect.com go to Performance Parts, Chevy V8 Small Block or Small Block Cams, and go down the list and look for the complete LT1-LT4 Conversion Kit. Comes with heads, intake, cam, roller rockers, studs, and all that jazz you need to install it. Some people on here dont like the LT4 kit, theirs ways around it. Other way is to go on www.gmpartsdirect.com and go to upgrades, click on camaro ss, and on the list of engine mods has the complete lt1-lt4 conversion.

Ive read stock ported LT1 heads, can outflow stock LT4 heads. Personally Id go for a LT4 Hot Cam, or Comp Cams CC302-305 (emmisions legal) with ported heads & intake.
Old 06-13-2005, 11:37 PM   #3
Fasterthanyou

Hmm... ported Lt1's outflowing stock Lt4's... yeah I could see that but what about ported Lt4's :P .
I'd go with the best designed heads since they'll give you the best potential. The Lt4 heads are excellent heads and also love to get ported. The only time I wouldn't upgrade to the Lt4 heads is if I couldn't sell my Lt1's OR the aftermarket doesn't have a product that'll compete... doesn't AFR and Trick Flow have some nice heads for the Lt1/4's?
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:37 PM   #4
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
doesn't have a product that'll compete... doesn't AFR and Trick Flow have some nice heads for the Lt1/4's?
Sure they do if you want to drop a heavy penny.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning