Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 12-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
Whoboy580

Spohn rack and pinion

I am in need of some help I bought a spohn k member w/out the rack and pinion mounts few years ago and have decided it to put rack and pinion in my car so I want on spohn web site and bought there rack and pinion with mounts for non rack and pinion k members. Now here were I need help. I was wondering if anyone has pictures or could help me with installation. Spohn instructions blow it just says takes tires off, remove old steering stuff, weld brackets on, install rack and pinion. No pictures or anything. Now everything I see on line is the k member without the prevision for the camaro steering. I have the one angle mount with the notch for the k member weld in. Please help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.JPG (23.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0497.jpg (49.1 KB, 10 views)
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
MDSheds_SS
11 sec club

Social Networks:

I would start but taking a measurement from the center of the existing steering shaft to a non moving part of the car. Write that down. Install the brackets to the steering rack. Get that center measurement, mark the k member for both of the brackets. Remove the brackets from rack, weld the brackets up. The rack has some adjustments so you can shorten or lengthen each side, the steering shaft has in and out movement but I would make sure it's in the same place so you don't have any issues. Just my 2 cents not sure if this is 100% the right way. There may actually be exact measurements if you can get someone from spohn to tell you or find someone with that rack and k member.
86 Buick GN Lesabre 1 of 117 (4-Sale)
MDSheds_SS is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech