Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 10-31-2005, 03:02 PM   #26
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

that is an interesting idea. have to see if we can figure out a way to work it into the program. since the footbrake eliminations are pretty much random who you line up with it may make for an uneven number of match ups.
i will work on it and see if i can come up with anything.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 10-31-2005, 07:53 PM   #27
camaro2you

dont have any suggestions since i couldnt make it but ill shure as hell be there this time with the 86 i might add and who knows there could be another one or two fbodys around here by then. 8)
Old 10-31-2005, 11:23 PM   #28
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

If by the grace of god I have a running F-body by then, I'll be racing or at least showing (depends on If I get and keep the 84 T/A that long )
Old 11-01-2005, 04:15 PM   #29
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

get it, keep it, work on it. you don't wanna kick yourself for selling 2 f-bodies :P

later
tim

Old 11-02-2005, 02:57 PM   #30
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

So, what about the seat situation?
1 or 2?
Old 11-02-2005, 03:28 PM   #31
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

driver and passenger will be required to compete in footbrake bracket classes. we are lookin for support to hold an open bracket class that will allow electronics and tinned/backhalved/whatever else cars.

later
tim

Old 11-02-2005, 03:52 PM   #32
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

let me run ONCE vs kasey...thats my suggestion. by the time this comes around, the car will be ready to beat kasey

(yes, i know its fbody only so im not really serious)

B18B1 FTW
Old 11-03-2005, 10:08 PM   #33
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER
get it, keep it, work on it. you don't wanna kick yourself for selling 2 f-bodies :P

later
tim
actually it would be the third F-body I've sold

If it cleans up really nice and I dont have to dump a ton of cash into it to get it in great shape, its getting sold! 8)
Old 11-05-2005, 06:05 PM   #34
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

T-Shirts 8)
Old 11-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #35
89 Trans Am WS6

Only things i had a problem with seem to already been adressed..

For starters..if you say that a given event is going to start at a given time, it cant start a half hour -hour earlier just because the guys at island are getting bored with test and tunes..cmon, it was 100+ degree day..cars are allowed to take a break..

Secondly in in relation to 100 degree days..since when is it acceptable to wear shorts to the track if your RACING? I can think of a half of dozen people racing in shorts while the rest of us suffered..isnt that a NHRA rule or something?

Also the tire class thing is just silly. A slick is a slick and a street tire is a street tire. My ET streets are approved by the department of transportation..but not good enough for the njfboa? I mean really the whole point of making "race tires" dot approved is so they can be run in steet tire classes..right or wrong? Speed is not a issue since there are cars on street tires that blow the doors off cars on slicks..but lets not forget..its braket racing..if a 11 second car on dot slicks beats the pants off a 16 second car on street tires but the 11 second car breaks out the slow car still wins..so again i cant see why people cant use tires for what they are designed for..

"Worlds fastest D.O.T. class race tire. Same great features as our race winning ET Drag with a D.O.T. stamp that meets the rulebook specifi cations for street tire classes. Tube type for extra sidewall strength, better air retention, and more consistent ET's.

*STATE OF THE ART CONSTRUCTION
*D.O.T. APPROVED
*WRINKLE WALL "

Finally, dont worry about all the other bull **** like cars being registered and insured or having carpet here but no there...or center consoles being removed is allowed but removing a passanger seat is a sin punishable by death...i mean really guys..there was no money on the line, and it all was braket racing..nothing was heads up..so there really is no adantage to be had against your competition..just against the clock(which if you think about it, really is your only comp.) so why shouldnt people be allowed to do what they want to do to see their best times possible? IF it becomes a setup that isnt consistant..thats their problem and they will break out, not you...
'14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude (Wifey's Ride)
'89 Trans Am WS6 (Gone but not forgotten-SOLD)
'85 Camaro 6 Banger base model, never left the driveway, 1st car (SOLD)
Http://www.cardomain.com/id/red93ta
http://www.fquick.com/freebird
Old 11-06-2005, 11:22 AM   #36
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 Trans Am WS6
Also the tire class thing is just silly. A slick is a slick and a street tire is Â*a street tire. My ET streets are approved by the department of transportation..but not good enough for the njfboa? I mean really the whole point of making "race tires" dot approved is so they can be run in steet tire classes..right or wrong? Speed is not a issue since there are cars on street tires that blow the doors off cars on slicks..but lets not forget..its braket racing..if a 11 second car on dot slicks beats the pants off a 16 second car on street tires but the 11 second car breaks out the slow car still wins..so again i cant see why people cant use tires for what they are designed for..

Â* Â* Â* Â* Â*"Worlds fastest D.O.T. class race tire. Same great features as our race winning ET Drag with a D.O.T. stamp that meets the rulebook specifi cations for street tire classes. Tube type for extra sidewall strength, better air retention, and more consistent ET's.

*STATE OF THE ART CONSTRUCTION
*D.O.T. APPROVED
*WRINKLE WALL Â* Â*"

by that way of thinking a regular street radial is the same as an et street or a quick time pro? the class seperations are set around people being given equal opportunity to win. a cheater slick and a slick are far more similar to one another than they are to a bfg radial t/a.
this allows for more people to feel competitive with in a class and excourages more people to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89 Trans Am WS6
Finally, dont worry about all the other bull **** like cars being registered and insured or having carpet here but no there...or center consoles being removed is allowed but removing a passanger seat is a sin punishable by death...i mean really guys..there was no money on the line, and it all was braket racing..nothing was heads up..so there really is no adantage to be had against your competition..just against the clock(which if you think about it, really is your only comp.) so why shouldnt people be allowed to do what they want to do to see their best times possible? IF it becomes a setup that isnt consistant..thats their problem and they will break out, not you...
the registration requirement was dropped last year after discussion of the rules.
as far as the "full interior", the general membership of the NJFBOA and most owners in the surrounding areas who would be interested in attending this event are real street car owners. for this reason we have created a rules package that stands between the pure full interior street cars of teh world and the "race car" image of a stripped interior. interior rules are not uncommon on any level of drag racing, be it a regional event like ours or a national touring series.
these rules were adopted not based on the competition itself, but on the appearance of the cars participating being consistant with the members we represent and their ability to attrack more participants in the future.

thanks
tim

Old 11-06-2005, 11:56 AM   #37
Slow 88
11 Second Club

What month are you looking to have it go down this year?
I really wanted to go this year but I was on vacation and it really wasn't worth it plus it was hot as hell......So, if you have it in the spring or fall I'm in for sure this year..
Old 11-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #38
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

for the coming year w are lookin at august again. it keeps us away from all of the other major chevy/pontiac/f-body related gatherings going on around the region. the weather was brutal, i can't remember having that nasty an august in a long time. whole month was super hot and humid/raining constantly.

i also forgot to mention in my last post that we are seeking sponsorship support for an "open bracket". it would be an all run class allowing gutted, back halved, and bracket racing electronics equiped vehicles.

there will also be grudge lanes for those who wish to get in some passes while enjoying the activities of the day.

later
tim

Old 11-06-2005, 10:05 PM   #39
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

about that "open bracket"... so you take out your passenger seat and bam you're im the same class as a backhalved car with a trans brake?

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 11-06-2005, 10:45 PM   #40
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_Messiah
about that "open bracket"... so you take out your passenger seat and bam you're im the same class as a backhalved car with a trans brake? Â*
if that is what you want to do.
there are also the time shot/grudge lanes available if you are interested in just running for ET

later
tim

Old 11-06-2005, 11:53 PM   #41
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

no pass. seat will be allowed in those then?

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:15 PM   #42
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

the open bracket is however you want to have the car. as long as it meets NHRA safety you are good to go

later
tim

Old 11-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #43
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

T-shirts would be cool. maybe design something up and whoever wants them can prepay?
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals