Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals

Notices

Old 12-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #26
slasherbarb
Fidget Lover

if you want anyone for the anthem, let me know...i know a few people with really great voices..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Barb = fist pump extraordinaire
- Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
just for the record...whos falus is lodged in your sfincter
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM   #27
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherbarb
if you want anyone for the anthem, let me know...i know a few people with really great voices..
Good call. I know a few people as well.
Old 12-14-2005, 10:53 PM   #28
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Being Muslim, I would be offended by any major Chirstian prayer deal going on, no matter how short. Save it for your churchs and stop pushing your religion onto other people.
i think an invocation is a great idea, and for those unwilling or wishing to do otherwise to do their own thing. i dont think its fair for the ideological differences of one to stop others from practicing what they believe in.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:20 AM   #29
BigAls87Z28

Well I guess you guys have fun with your Jesus party.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:42 AM   #30
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Well I guess you guys have fun with your Jesus party.
you dont see any of us making fun of other people's religions. thats just uncalled for.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:16 AM   #31
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Negrodamus predicts this to get ugly real quick.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
Old 12-15-2005, 01:53 PM   #32
kazman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveR
Negrodamus predicts this to get ugly real quick.
It may be snowing out but it's time to put the helmet on and firejacket.
IMO just keep to the National Anthem. Maybe a moment of slient medation. Religion is too topical no matter what you do you will end up stepping on someone's toes. IMO racers who want to pray before a run do it anyway. Its their right.

'07 Ford Mustang GT Alloy Metallic
4.6 Auto, 3.73 gears, C&L CAI, Diablo 91 octane tune, drag radials, and a saftey loop. What else do I need for a 14 second bracket car?
Old 06-21-2006, 09:18 PM   #33
Jbd77

Why is it when Catholics or Christians want to invoke a short prayer, they are "pushing their religion on everyone else" but when Muslims or other groups insist on being able to pray whenever they want, wherever they want, we are supposed to be tolerant and accepting? How does that work?

To hell with political correctness: if you want to pray, pray: if it offends you, don't listen.

This is America; land of the FREE, remember?

When tolorance becomes selective, it is nothing more than prejudice.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:39 PM   #34
camaro2you

i think it would be a great idea.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:38 AM   #35
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Instead of an invocation (you can't win when it comes to religon-even though they all pray to the same god-it's the #2 guy where they disagree), how about "a moment of silent reflection and personal prayer" for our troops, firefighters & police officers?

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 06-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #36
The BIG Show

Quote:
Being Muslim, I would be offended by any major Chirstian prayer deal going on, no matter how short. Save it for your churchs and stop pushing your religion onto other people.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:29 AM   #37
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbd77
Why is it when Catholics or Christians want to invoke a short prayer, they are "pushing their religion on everyone else" but when Muslims or other groups insist on being able to pray whenever they want, wherever they want, we are supposed to be tolerant and accepting? How does that work?

To hell with political correctness: if you want to pray, pray: if it offends you, don't listen.

this country was founded on Christianity. its not our national religion or anything and we, as a Christian community, are not trying to knock others down. you wanna see prejudice go to another country, you'll wish you didnt complain about the way it is now. and we aren't pushing our religion upon others, we are simply the majority and we are assuming the few "others" won't mind. but of course they do complain, just for the hell of complaining and also because they will get their way with that politcal correctness crap.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 AM   #38
project89

i say go for it.if somone dosent like it they dont have to be right were it is taking place.nuff said
#1 1989 RS - 3.0L V6 11.0-1 CR, LIGHTENED CRANK,J.E FORGED PISTONS, CUSTOM 280/284 .575/.575 116LSA ROLLER CAM, PORTED HEADS, PORTED INTAKE,CUSTOM TURBO KIT W/ BW S475,AW INTERCOOLER,METHANOL INJECTION, TCI STREETFIGHTER 700R4 W/ TCI 4,500 STALL,TWIN WALBORO 255'S & 83# INJECTORS
268 rwhp & 367.6 ftlbs @ 10 psi 3.1l
12.30's @ 112 3.1L @ 9 psi
??.?? @ ???? 3.0L @ 18 PSI
Old 06-23-2006, 03:18 PM   #39
Untamed

I say stick with the National Anthem. If anyone wants a prayer, they can do so on their own without stopping everyone in their tracks all across Island.
I USED TO HAVE an 85 Camaro 305 4bbl, 90 Firebird V6, 97 Firebird V6 (10 speakers!). Despite the two family vehicles, 3 kids, wife and mortgage, I can finally realize the dream - 88 TA almost all stock... for now.

http://www.cardomain.com/id/untameddave

Wanted this - , but ended up with this - for free. Can't argue with free.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:27 PM   #40
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i think this is getting overblown a bit.
all we are trying to put on is a car show and some racing. we are not trying to make any great political or religious statement here.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 06-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #41
BonzoHansen
Admin.

+ 1

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 06-24-2006, 02:43 AM   #42
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbd77

No one is pushing the muslim religion on anyone. In the religion, they must pray at certain times of the day. The catholic religion does not require the same prayer. Im tollerant and accepting of any religion, but you dont have to blast it over loud speakers and make people listen to it. Pray on your own terms, in your own way and to your own soundtrack.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #43
qwikz28

Social Networks:

Quote:
No one is pushing the muslim religion on anyone. In the religion, they must pray at certain times of the day. The catholic religion does not require the same prayer. Im tollerant and accepting of any religion, but you dont have to blast it over loud speakers and make people listen to it. Pray on your own terms, in your own way and to your own soundtrack.
lol they do that in muslim countries. at the certain times of day the muslims need to pray they actually do blast the prayers on loudspeakers and you can hear it from any inhabited part of the country. in egypt, the muslims actually got permission from the gov. to mount them by churches. all but 1 church/monastary in egypt has one by it.

imagine waking up at 5am to some dood screaming allah is the greatest at the top of his lungs. i slept through it but my friend couldn't take it anymore and started screaming out of our hotel balcony some pretty unfriendly words
Old 06-24-2006, 01:19 PM   #44
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

how about everyone jsut talks about the event. this isn't a political forum, nor a political event.
the topic was only brought up because someone mentioned it, that is why i asked if anyone cared.
i don't care who believes what or how they do/don't like to pray.

[/thread]

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events > East Coast F-Body Nationals > 2006 East Coast F-Body Nationals