Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance

Notices

Old 10-31-2015, 11:27 AM   #1
8hnpSS

repainting my car

im looking to repaint my entire car towards the end of the winter. just about every panel has some sort of issue from clear coat peeling to excessive wear to just being dull and ugly. can anyone suggest any good places to go? im looking to have this done the right way and dont feel like taking a gamble at a random shop.

8hnpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

You are way up there but, if you take a hour or so drive down south. All Time auto body, they did my front end and I am very pleased with their work.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2015, 08:48 PM   #3
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

if you are willing to travel, and to pay a bit of $, the place I got my car painted at in 2007 is Peotter's Auto body in Summit NJ. Tim Peotter (rip) was a die-hard drag racer and muscle car enthusiast and owned/raced everything from blown pro-mods to 10 second chevelles and camaros and everything in between. He also lived two blocks away from my parents house growing up so when i sent my car there many years ago I knew it was in good hands. Although I spend many hours per year cleaning, polishing, waxing, detailing the car the paint has held up phenomenally for 8 years. They mostly do collision repair work on high end type cars MW, jaguar, MB, land Rovers (due to their geographic location), but they shouldn't turn you down. Larry (Tim's son) used to daily drive a green 4th gen camaro that ran 11s and looked awesome. But beware.. it will cost you big $ most likely. Just giving you an option

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:46 AM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

RPM --->>>

Paul does amazing work, including to his own IROC that has been featured in several magazines.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:21 PM   #5
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

my 02 and my dads 68 have been painted at scullys autobody in hawthorne

nearly spot on matched painted my SOM hood with no blending. pretty impressive to me
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Appearance