Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech

Notices

Old 08-14-2015, 11:30 PM   #76
cycomiko

Ok I just put the clutch. This was my first clutch job. My brother helped me put it in . We got it up and almost in but it wouldnt go all the way in by 1/4 of an inch. I suggested we slide the trans out and rotate the shaft but he wanted to try the bolt pull in method which worked. I just dont feel great about it. I remember when I put up the disc and PP on the flywheel I just lined up the holes not any dowel pins. I am a rookie. Am I doomed?? I tried the clutch after the install as its still in the air and all seemed ok. What should I do??
cycomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:24 AM   #77
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Last little bit was likely the input shaft going into the pilot bearing (or bushing). Pulling it in with the bolts isn't the best idea but it's probably fine.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 11:17 AM   #78
FlyingDutchman

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post
Ok I just put the clutch. This was my first clutch job. My brother helped me put it in . We got it up and almost in but it wouldnt go all the way in by 1/4 of an inch. I suggested we slide the trans out and rotate the shaft but he wanted to try the bolt pull in method which worked. I just dont feel great about it. I remember when I put up the disc and PP on the flywheel I just lined up the holes not any dowel pins. I am a rookie. Am I doomed?? I tried the clutch after the install as its still in the air and all seemed ok. What should I do??
I slid the driveshaft in and rotated it to line the splines up. You wouldn't have been able to get the trans that far if they weren't lined up. There are no dowel pins on the flywheel for the PP. Did you put a new bushing / bearing in with a hammer? Could have made it out-of-round causing some friction between it and the input shaft, but it'll be fine.
1997 Camaro Z28 - 355 LT1, T56, CC503, LTs, ORY, Bald Eagle-back exhaust, !emissions, Lingenfelter CAI, EWP, !CAGS, BMR LCAs, UMI PHB, Koni Str.t/Koni SA, C5 Z06 front / LS1 F-body rear brake swap, factory hurst with short stick

2014 2LT Cruze 2.0 Turbo Diesel
FlyingDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 05:36 PM   #79
cycomiko

Yes the hammer and socket was the only way that bushing was going in. I just took it around the block and the clutch feels great. I wanted the car to warm up to check for leaks at the bajo bolts and I noticed my oil pressure gauge is now reading 0. Ugh Did I hit the pressure switch with a wrench and break it. Yes there is oil in the car
Old 08-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #80
cycomiko

I did notice that the black body was loose on the pressure switch by loose I mean it moves in and out. Just the black plastic.
Old 08-17-2015, 12:27 PM   #81
cycomiko

Ok its back and running and reading oil pressure now. Thanks for all of your help guys. Yes you were correct Thor
Old 08-17-2015, 01:16 PM   #82
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycomiko View Post
Ok its back and running and reading oil pressure now. Thanks for all of your help guys. Yes you were correct Thor
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > General Tech