Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia

Notices

Old 11-18-2006, 11:34 AM   #1
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

NASCAR drivers in a GT500

http://www.fordboldmoves.com/episode...1-111e9aa215f5
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:40 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

looks liek a fun little track to get around
i still like nascars on going claim to be the fastest growing form of racing. funny, drag racing shows a higher increase in attendance, participation, number of facilities, revenues, and events every year both by percentage and by total numbers invovled. but i guess the paved oval crowd doesn't wanna hear that.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 01:12 PM   #3
Tsar
MIR

they let nascar retards drive around the track with more then a left turn? oh **** at least bring Montoya in, since he joined Nascar...

Let Schumi drive that, but he'd probably say no cuz its a ford unless there's like 11ty billion dollars.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
1984camaroz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
they let nascar retards drive around the track with more then a left turn? oh **** at least bring Montoya in, since he joined Nascar...

Let Schumi drive that, but he'd probably say no cuz its a ford unless there's like 11ty billion dollars.
Retards that can outdrive you any day of the week
Old 11-21-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984camaroz28 View Post
Quote:

til the first right turn
Old 11-22-2006, 12:54 PM   #6
79dizZy28

I loved biffle's 155mph or bust attitude
79dizZy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 03:48 PM   #7
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Quote:

i would happily take them on. let's see how a professional circle tracker compares to an amateur autoX/road course driver. having seen it many times before, i can tell you the circle track guys don't stack up nearly as well as most people think.
yes, they are good drivers and can adapt to different forms of motorsport. but it is much easier to go from road course to oval than the other way around.
just look at the annual comedies nascar puts on at sonoma and watkins glen if you need proof.

Old 11-22-2006, 04:30 PM   #8
1984camaroz28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Quote:

i would happily take them on. let's see how a professional circle tracker compares to an amateur autoX/road course driver. having seen it many times before, i can tell you the circle track guys don't stack up nearly as well as most people think.
yes, they are good drivers and can adapt to different forms of motorsport. but it is much easier to go from road course to oval than the other way around.
just look at the annual comedies nascar puts on at sonoma and watkins glen if you need proof.
90% of them whould put a hurting on you on anyroad course, Dale Jr when he was runing the c5r vet with his father......o yea they hapend to win the 24hrs of Daytona.....I like it when some people dirve a Sports car think there a pro driver, or as good as one....makes me laff.
Old 11-22-2006, 05:19 PM   #9
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
looks liek a fun little track to get around
i still like nascars on going claim to be the fastest growing form of racing. funny, drag racing shows a higher increase in attendance, participation, number of facilities, revenues, and events every year both by percentage and by total numbers invovled. but i guess the paved oval crowd doesn't wanna hear that.
In addition, drag racing is the best bang for the buck advertising wise, as stated by one of the higher ups at DeWalt.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:32 PM   #10
Blacdout96

I hate to put a damper on the dale Jr. thing, they finished runner up to the #2 Corvette, but none the less they were ripping, considering they were in the GTS class, and had classes that were faster then them. Some circle drivers fair pretty well around the ttrack ,and some dont, accordign to how they were rasied in racing. I'd like to duke it out wiht a few roundies, just for the fun of it. I'm dying to take the laps around Millvilles new track they're making, frigging a 3.9 mile roadcourse is the one of the many tack layouts they can make wiht it!!!!! http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/html/in_the_news.html
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:49 PM   #11
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Quote:

90% of them whould put a hurting on you on anyroad course, Dale Jr when he was runing the c5r vet with his father......o yea they hapend to win the 24hrs of Daytona.....I like it when some people dirve a Sports car think there a pro driver, or as good as one....makes me laff.

i didn't claim to be a pro driver, although i have raced and won before in SCCA events.
i know all about little E winning in the C5R. he managed to win his class in the car that was the class killer at the time. not a bad achievement, but not anything ground breaking in the road racing community.
if you want to know who is or isn't a good road course driver, look at lap times. not for top speed, but for consistancy. the nascar boys are all over the map, changing by a full second sometimes lap to lap on a road course. now look at those same drivers on an oval, much different story, very often you will see them sitting on the same tenth of a second for many laps in a row.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:52 AM   #12
Tsar
MIR

ohh god i love nascar car nutswingers
Old 11-24-2006, 06:41 PM   #13
slasherbarb
Fidget Lover

ok...the claim that you can out drive any circle tracker timmy is a little far fetched...guys like jeff gordon and tony stewart would make you their bitches on a road course since thats what how they came up...and plus i highly doubt that any of us here can do what they do...and not not make left turns, but take a car that can top out in the 200s and take that on a race course with embankments and turns that are hard to take at 60 let alone 160...so until you can do what they do, stop your sh%t talking about them and just let it go and appreciate it as racing...you may not like its corporat workings, you may hate the format they race in, but its racing...and that's we all are, RACING fans...i know i am not just a NASCAR fan, being raised on watching Ferrari in F1, i'm a racing fan...[/rant]

PS- http://www.nascar.com/2003/news/head...oya/index.html

An article on when Gordon had some fun with a Williams F1 BMW...enjoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Barb = fist pump extraordinaire
- Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
just for the record...whos falus is lodged in your sfincter

Last edited by slasherbarb; 11-24-2006 at 06:41 PM.
slasherbarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 12:22 PM   #14
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i didn't say i would run circles around them, i said i would take them on and that i have seen plenty of hot shoe oval trackers get their asses handed to them by supposedly inferior road course racers.
i think nascar sucks on many levels and i know many many lies that they sell to the american public.

1 their claim of selling out every race is completely misleading. what happens is that any tickets that go unsold to the public, get purchased from internation speedway corporation by nascar(funny, both companies have the same exact list of names on the executive board) so taht they can claim a sell out. nascar has in fact not sold out to the public any event is 7 or 8 years now.
2. "the best drivers in the world" jsut spare me on this one. no single sanctioning body can realistically claim that, especially a series that has so many cookie cutter tracks. wanna see the best in the world, check out world rally, scca, and F1 . the variety of disciplines that some of these guys participate in is insane and surely shows they are vastly more skilled that the average nascar driver and most of the cup stars.
3. fastest growing form of motorsports. actually paved ovals all over the country are going out of business from lack of participation and support. the fastest growing form of tracks in the country is actually dirt oval and the fastest growing spectator and racer participation is still drag racing. nascar isn't in fact the largest or fastest growing anything.
4. nascar's popularity is increasing, then why are public ticket sales, merchandise revenues, and television viewership are all down.

nascar lacks variety and entertainment on so many levels it is ridiculous. very good marketing is the only thing left holding them up any more, and that isn't going to last much longer. the grumblings of the big 3 us manufacturuers will see at least one of them out of nascar with in the next few years, then things are really gonna hit the fan.

i used to find nascar entertaining when they had a better variety of tracks, yes they were mostly still ovals, but at least they were the cookie cutter tracks that ISC keeps building over the last several years. the tracks and the drivers both used to have charactor, but those days are long gone.

Old 11-25-2006, 12:26 PM   #15
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

barb, i also have that gordon in the williams thing on tape somewhere if you are interested. speed channel did a whole special on it. he faired well after some time getting used to the car, even put down a few laps that would have qualified him at or near the top of the grid the previous years race.
the thing jeff was most impressed about in a formula1 car, the brakes. they were also the most difficult thing for him to get used to.

Old 11-25-2006, 01:17 PM   #16
Tsar
MIR

yea THIS looks like LOTS of fun.... honestly its more exciting to watch my **** go down the toilet, the concept it the same but everytime i flush it at least it does something different.
Old 11-25-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
1984camaroz28

Quote:
yea THIS looks like LOTS of fun.... honestly its more exciting to watch my **** go down the toilet, the concept it the same but everytime i flush it at least it does something different.
i love the 12 year old comments. we are not fighting wich one is beter to watch and so on . We were talking about puting an oval tracker on a road course. This is like me saying your LT1 bird looks like **** and my ls1 will make your cheap ass lt1 look like **** because your a non driving POS

Last edited by 1984camaroz28; 11-25-2006 at 05:14 PM.
1984camaroz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2006, 09:27 PM   #18
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Even though both road racing and circle tracking involve cars, drivers, and teams, I think there is a lot that is different between the two. Enough to not really make it a fair comparison.

F1 drivers have lightweight bazillion dollar machines, the best in tires, turn all directions, and don't race door to door.

NASCAR drivers have cheaper rides, more primitive technology, tire limitations, they only turn left (save Infineon and the Glen) and race door to door in heavy ass cars.

Two different driving styles, which require a different set of skills. I'm not saying they are mutually exclusive, but handling a car going 300kph through a chicane requires a different type of thinking than bump drafting Buckshot Jones at 190mph.

As for popularity, it is hard to tell. I know some people on here race on or with dirt teams so they are more hooked in to that system. I have a hard time believing that dirt racing is really growing in popularity, but then again I'm jaded. I live in Flemington...
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 05:07 PM   #19
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
but then again I'm jaded. I live in Flemington...
yeah, there are a lot of us who are still bitter about that deal. a township hell bent on getting rid of the track and a completely incompotent promoter worked together to kill that place.
i will always have memories of the big modified race sunday night, the last day of the fair. always a great race, every big name there, and everyone knowing that flemington was the home of late model, super stock, and modified racing.

Old 11-26-2006, 07:31 PM   #20
slasherbarb
Fidget Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBillyT View Post
Even though both road racing and circle tracking involve cars, drivers, and teams, I think there is a lot that is different between the two. Enough to not really make it a fair comparison.

F1 drivers have lightweight bazillion dollar machines, the best in tires, turn all directions, and don't race door to door.

NASCAR drivers have cheaper rides, more primitive technology, tire limitations, they only turn left (save Infineon and the Glen) and race door to door in heavy ass cars.

Two different driving styles, which require a different set of skills. I'm not saying they are mutually exclusive, but handling a car going 300kph through a chicane requires a different type of thinking than bump drafting Buckshot Jones at 190mph.

As for popularity, it is hard to tell. I know some people on here race on or with dirt teams so they are more hooked in to that system. I have a hard time believing that dirt racing is really growing in popularity, but then again I'm jaded. I live in Flemington...
well said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
Barb = fist pump extraordinaire
- Justin
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba428 View Post
just for the record...whos falus is lodged in your sfincter
slasherbarb is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Multimedia