Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 02-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #76
Brando56894
15 Second Club

usually when you go to traffic court the prosecutor will offer you a "plea bargain" usually you have to pay a crazy amount of money in exchange for little or no points, like in stafford/manahawkin i would of had 8 points for the passing on the right and speeding but i ended up paying $489 for the reduction of points, which didnt help at all in the end, considering i still have 6 points. well i guess 6 is better then the total of 11 i should of had if i didnt buy my way outta the ones in manahawkin and in wayne. but still i either wanna get my $250 back or get 4 of the points dropped
- Pancake Bunny Club Member #3

OG!
Brando56894 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:07 AM   #77
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebird67dude
Wait. How do u get where u can get ponts taken off?
You mean points you shouldn't have assed or ones you actually have? If it's ones you actually have you can take a DMV class to get 3 off (at least the one they made me go to took 3 points off, voluntary ones may be only 2), and also you get 1 off for every year that you go without gettign any points

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:13 AM   #78
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brando56894
usually when you go to traffic court the prosecutor will offer you a "plea bargain" usually you have to pay a crazy amount of money in exchange for little or no points, like in stafford/manahawkin i would of had 8 points for the passing on the right and speeding but i ended up paying $489 for the reduction of points, which didnt help at all in the end, considering i still have 6 points. well i guess 6 is better then the total of 11 i should of had if i didnt buy my way outta the ones in manahawkin and in wayne. but still i either wanna get my $250 back or get 4 of the points dropped
How many did you agree to in court??

And what you just told me abotu unsafe driving, yea if it was your 3rd in however many years then DMV is hitting you with 4 points.

Just go ahead and do the !life mod already

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 02-19-2006, 01:16 AM   #79
Brando56894
15 Second Club

all three thats why i had to drop a grand to get it reduced from 11 points to 2. and just my luck i get a speeding ticket on the way home.... the !life mod sounds like a good idea right about now lol

OG!

Last edited by Brando56894; 02-19-2006 at 01:19 AM.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:41 AM   #80
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

how the hell have you racked up so many points?? jeez, I don't have any and i do some pretty stupid things on the road. My one and only ticket with points got dropped to a non-moving violation, and it wasnt a crazy amount more than the original ticket.
Old 02-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #81
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

brandon isnt a very good driver...i was scared going from one end of the willy p campus to the other.

seriously.

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 01:40 PM   #82
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva
how the hell have you racked up so many points?? jeez, I don't have any and i do some pretty stupid things on the road.
You = female, and most cops are males who like females. Brandon doesn't have that advantage.....

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #83
Jclt12003

LoL i got melissa out of a ticket before for burning out
1997 camaro Z28 30th anniversary edition T-tops, M6, fully forged 355, Ported stock heads, Gm847, Pacesetter ceramic coated long tubes, ORY, Magnaflow Cat back, Comp Cams 1.6r's, GMHP guide plates, Comp Cam chromoly pushrods, 10 degree locks and seats, 918 valve springs, P&P stock heads, Lou's short stick, MBA Z28 shift knob, Clear corners,

2001 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L v8 H.O quadradrive, Leather, sun roof, interior cold cathods

Jclt12003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #84
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva
how the hell have you racked up so many points?? jeez, I don't have any and i do some pretty stupid things on the road. My one and only ticket with points got dropped to a non-moving violation, and it wasnt a crazy amount more than the original ticket.
it was dark out and the cop was right on my ass, so i just thought some ******* was on my ass (i was on the GSP) and passed a minivan on the right when i was in the left lane, and he bagged me. well i know i was speeding, i used to do about 90-100 in sum areas and it finally caught up to me. so he got me for doing 85 in a 65(2 points) and passing on the right (4 or 5 point). the one in wayne was a stupid one, i was commin back from a frat party and was a lil buzzed and pulled into 7-11 and wasnt watching for cars behind me instead i was worried about not messing up my car, so i got 2 points for careless driving. and there you have it, and yes im an idiot. now im paranoid on the parkway everytime. screw goin back at night anymore, everytime ive gotten a ticket it has been during the night....

OG!
Old 02-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #85
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

How have you possibly not figured out what crown victoria headlights look like in your rearview mirror yet?

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:37 AM   #86
79CamaroDiva
Queen of Destruction / NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor / Moderator / 12 Second Club / 2006 Member of the Year / PITA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jclt12003
LoL i got melissa out of a ticket before for burning out
it wasnt really a burnout... the tires just slipped

I've flirted my way out of a burnout ticket though.. you can try it brandon, i dunno how successful you'll be though.
Old 02-20-2006, 12:40 AM   #87
Brando56894
15 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy
How have you possibly not figured out what crown victoria headlights look like in your rearview mirror yet?

- Justin
idk i guess im just stupid, either that or im just too late on noticing it

OG!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:27 AM   #88
V
Stalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy

- Justin
i agree, it pretty easy to recognize. Hell, i can identify just about any car based on its headlights and taillight pattern. my gf is pretty good at it too. There are certain cars cops use, and if they happen to be driving something other than those and you get pulled over, thats fine, but you should be able to recognize the main ones such as crown vics, older caprices, and impalas, sometimes unmarked are intrepids and luminas(both used by NJ state troopers) I admit i had a cop following me for about 2 miles and i never looked back to see him, so it wasnt liek i couldnt tell it was a cop though. and when i did 127 in front of him, he followed faster and thats when i recognized the healdight pattern and started pulling over before he put his takedown lights on.
Just drive around at night, looking at cars lights and guessing what they are, in time youll be able to do it fast and with accuracy.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:24 PM   #89
Brando56894
15 Second Club

yea im just gonna get a radar detector, piece of mind, then i wont be so god damn paranoid. i was pissed as all hell today on my way home everything was fine, then i was on route 40 and missed my turn but i knew where i was goin and i heard a siren and i was like ok maybe he wants to pass me, the ****er pulled me over for doing 40 in a 30 (cuz the speed limit drops there and i didnt know it) and for having a headlight out (which i knew about and was gonna fix tomorrow) and for having the lights around my L plate out (which i didnt know about) and i came home and bugged the hell out, not cuz of what the ticket was for just the fact that i got one....

OG!
Old 02-25-2006, 01:31 AM   #90
V
Stalker

brandon...its seems you just have bad luck... give up driving maybe lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 01:40 AM   #91
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Radar detector does not = peace of mind. That's the key to having one... know that it'll alert you to some cops, not all... mine has saved me many times but also many times I've seen a cop far ahead and it hasnt beeped but I saw him so slowed down. It's an assistant, NOT replacement, to being careful and watching out

Kommandant

Quote:

Last edited by Savage_Messiah; 02-25-2006 at 08:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2006, 07:25 AM   #92
GP99GT
Mr Fantastic

best radar detector is your eyes.

i agree with paul, just give up on driving...apparently you suck at it

B18B1 FTW
GP99GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:21 AM   #93
Brando56894
15 Second Club

paul and matt :finger: and did i mention all the tickets ive gotten (except the one when i was 17) all happened at night? of course i can see the cops during the day time, its the night that kills me

OG!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey