Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 09:06 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Complete MSD Ignition System (distributor, coil, CD box, spare cap, adjustable rotor)

I am selling a complete MSD ignition system which was on my car prior to me converting to a Holley Hyperspark ignition system last month. This stuff will work not only for a fbody, but with most car/engine configurations and has a bunch of awesome features to take your ignition setup to the next level. The MSD Digital 6-Plus box was on my car for 5 years and recently it was acting strange, so I shipped it to MSD, where they repaired it, tested it, and sent it back to me with a clean bill of health. The coil works great and the MSD distributor was only on my car for 2,340 miles in total. All of these parts are in great condition and I am well aware of what they cost new. I am willing to sell everything for a fair price. Keep in mind, I am selling the distributor with the regular rotor, as well as the phaseable rotor. Also included is a distributor cap which I drilled holes in to the top, in order to make sure my rotor phasing was perfectly dialed in. I have a brand-new sealed-in-box replacement cap also. The wiring to the MSD box is all brand spankin new. I am including the needed wiring connectors, the wiring extension harness, and the spark plug wire retainer that goes on top of the distributor cap too.

Listed below are the prices for the components if bought brand new, and also the price I am selling them at. The prices new were taken from Jegs, and that is pretty much the industry standard price. Buyer will pay shipping which is about $30, and if you want to insure the package when it gets shipped, we will need a few more dollars for that.

Look, we all know that an ignition system isn't the most glamorous modification to your car and we would rather bolt on something fancy and cool looking, but when you need precise, powerful spark.. you just need it. This is some good stuff here. It worked on my 87 Camaro Iroc and I used the box to control timing when I was spraying nitrous. It also worked great on the car with the new high horsepower small-block engine but I switched over to the Hyperspark system so I won’t need these parts anymore.

Part: *******************************Price New:************My Sales Price:

MSD 6520 Digital 6Plus Ignition Box *****$416.95*************** $300.00

MSD 85551 Pro Billet Distributor V8 SBC** $296.95**************** $175.00

MSD 8226 Blaster Coil for GM ********** $56.04***************** $25

MSD 8433 Replacement Cap************ $42.90**************** $20

MSD 84211 Adjustable Phaseable Rotor****$41.69*****************$20

MSD 8860 Extension Wiring************ $16.66***************** $10

__________________________________________________ _____________

Totals:**************************** $ 871.19*************** $ 550.00

Don’t skimp out on trusting your factory ignition to provide big spark for your engine when it actually needs it. This is all real good stuff and it works great. I can assure you of that. Feel free to research any of the parts, but just know this can provide you with big spark power, 2 step capability, timing retard for nitrous, a rev limiter function, adjustable rotor phasing, and a simple clean wiring setup. Again, i used it on my TPI setup as well as with my Holley Sniper tbi fuel injection.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 10-12-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2020, 06:08 PM   #2
IROCZman15

Bumping this thread

Still for sale. complete package. same price

it is over $300 cheaper to buy all this as a package here compared to buying it individually

it all works and has been tested. 100% good to go.

Old 12-02-2020, 01:02 PM   #3
IROCZman15

probably the last time I bump this sale as it is, prior to me splitting up the components and selling them individually.

Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > For Sale - Automotive Parts