Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #1
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Menards Chevy SHow 7/13-7/15 at Maple Grove Racetrack, PA

I am strongly considering going to this event his upcoming weekend and I was wondering if anyone else was interested? I know that there are other local car shows and races at Island Dragway, but I hardly make it out to Maple Grove anymore, and since I missed the Pro-Mod event a few weeks ago, I want to try to get there for this.

It is basically a smaller, tamer version of the Super Chevy Show that used to exist there years ago. About 15 years ago the Super Chevy shows were big and some really awesome cars would show and race. I know the turnout has decreased, but it isn't horrible.

http://www.maplegroveraceway.com/menards-chevy-show/

and

http://menardschevyshow.com/

Anyways, here is the info. I will probably just be showing the car since I have a hurt rear differential...and I will be driving the car to and from NJ to PA.

Last edited by IROCZman15; 07-11-2018 at 09:31 PM.
IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

I have been busy, so it took me a while to upload the 500ish photos I took over the two day even. Sorry about that.

The event was good. I drove out there early Saturday morning and had absolutely no issues with the car, not a stumble, no high temps, no drivetrain noise.. nada. Did have to swerve around the piles of horse poop in the road out in that area of PA. Also, some of those roads are real fun at putting my suspension to work!

I just did the show portion of the event since the car is not nearly fast enough to contend with the caliber of drag cars that were there.. even in the true-street class. So I parked, give it a wipe down, and walked the show field for an hour or so after I registered. The rest of the day I watched racing (4 nostalgia nitro funny cars, the Jet truck, and a great assortment of 7,8, 9, 10, 11 second Chevrolet vehicles) which went until about 5pm. Also chatted with a lot of people while walking around and on the show field. Stayed overnight at my grandmothers house (about 45 mins away). Came back Sunday, and after I got there it began pouring rain! many cars were already parked, some left (?? no idea why.. they were already wet?!) but I'm sure th rain deterred a bigger crowd. Once the track was dried, racing resumed and it made for a fun day. The Menards staff did something different, and everyone who braved the rain and kept thiir car out in the wet grass got an award and a jacket. I ended up leaving around 4:30 and drove on home. Car performed great again. All in all I put 309 miles on the car in those two days and enjoyed the seat time.

Here is a link to my full photo album.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/123927...57698975770714

I especially love the pro-street cars, so I took a lot of photos of those

heres a quick sample of some photos

DSCN5884 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_3570 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5920 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5942 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5952 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN5953 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_3623 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_3677 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN6081 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN6119 by David Martin, on Flickr

DSCN6137 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_3802 by David Martin, on Flickr

IMG_3853 by David Martin, on Flickr

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events