Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-17-2004, 04:00 PM   #1
jims69camaro

Storyboard Meeting (Average Guy's Car Show)

BigAls87Z28 will be hosting an AOL chatroom for the purpose of outlining the storyboard for the first few shows of the Average Guy's Car Show on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.

all who wish to participate are invited to attend. the proceedings will be recorded so that all ideas can be captured for later digestion. (why does that sound so funny? ) people who have ideas regarding show topics, flow, set design, etc. plus all of those who have volunteered their services and resources are urged to attend if humanly possible.

Al will be posting up the chatroom name shortly.

any who are interested in attending, but cannot, can request a copy of the minutes any time after the completion of the meeting by sending me an email <mailto:jamespizza@comcast.net>

if you have ideas for the show but are unable to attend and want your ideas to be considered, please outline them in the greatest detail possible and send them in an email to me or Al.

i look forward to ( ) seeing ( ) you there.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
bencar

I'll do my best to tune in, so-to-speak, on Wednesday night
Hope ALL the other interested parties join in too
bencar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 07:25 PM   #3
bencar

Re: Storyboard Meeting (Average Guy's Car Show)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro
BigAls87Z28 will be hosting an AOL chatroom for the purpose of outlining the storyboard for the first few shows of the Average Guy's Car Show on Wednesday, October 20, 2004 at 7:00 p.m.

all who wish to participate are invited to attend. the proceedings will be recorded so that all ideas can be captured for later digestion. (why does that sound so funny? ) people who have ideas regarding show topics, flow, set design, etc. plus all of those who have volunteered their services and resources are urged to attend if humanly possible.

Al will be posting up the chatroom name shortly.

any who are interested in attending, but cannot, can request a copy of the minutes any time after the completion of the meeting by sending me an email <mailto:jamespizza@comcast.net>

if you have ideas for the show but are unable to attend and want your ideas to be considered, please outline them in the greatest detail possible and send them in an email to me or Al.

i look forward to ( ) seeing ( ) you there.
Thank you for all your hard work thus far
Old 10-17-2004, 07:47 PM   #4
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

May be able to get on for a bit.....i'll be in one of my computer networking classes

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 12:42 AM   #5
BigAls87Z28

Ok, the chat room name will be AGCS. DO NOT go to the chat room right now....there will be no one in it. *duh*

I look foward to the chat, but we might have to make it a bit later.... Ill see.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:46 AM   #6
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Ok, the chat room name will be AGCS. DO NOT go to the chat room right now....there will be no one in it. *duh*

I look foward to the chat, but we might have to make it a bit later.... Ill see.
Will you have a 'Hyper-Link' for it?
Old 10-18-2004, 10:53 PM   #7
BigAls87Z28

All you have to do it hit the chat room button on you AIM.
Where it says "room name" or something of that sort, just put in AGCS, and you will be sent to the room.
Old 10-18-2004, 11:31 PM   #8
bencar

Quote:
All you have to do it hit the chat room button on you AIM.
Where it says "room name" or something of that sort, just put in AGCS, and you will be sent to the room.
I don't currently have AOL's AIM installed on my Computer, will I still be able to access the Chatroom?
Old 10-18-2004, 11:40 PM   #9
BigAls87Z28

you can do the same for AOL, or I will just invite you. Ill post up in this thread tomorrow night, and anyone that wants to be invited just post up your name.
Old 10-19-2004, 12:13 AM   #10
bencar

Quote:
you can do the same for AOL, or I will just invite you. Ill post up in this thread tomorrow night, and anyone that wants to be invited just post up your name.
Sounds be good
Old 10-19-2004, 08:59 AM   #11
twiztidz28

i'll try my damnedest to be there. unless someone is usign the computer i will be there.

Chuck

Someone help me fix the rattles in my car Please.
twiztidz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2004, 05:30 PM   #12
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bencar
Quote:

Will you have a 'Hyper-Link' for it?
aim:gochat?roomname=AGCS, for some reason i cannot make a hyperlink out of that. anyway, copy and paste into your browser's address bar and hit enter.

although i think you need AOHell installed on your computer - at least the messenger part of their system. hope this helps.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-20-2004, 09:53 PM   #13
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I think missed it
Old 10-20-2004, 10:24 PM   #14
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
I think missed it
Well, you did miss what turned out to be a very lively Chat, with a lot of great stuff going on, but, if you check with Jims69Camaro, I think he can get you the minutes of the meeting. Come and join in
Old 10-21-2004, 12:56 AM   #15
jims69camaro

very interesting stuff. this kid will be the director - the price of having him on board, which i don't think will turn into a bad thing. he's busy with a project until the end of november, so he said, and then he can join us in our meetings to get stuff finalized. he said spring would be perfect, as ironing stuff out will most likely take until then. he loves the idea, and will shoot it as a kind of 'reality' show (i know) with a snippet of each person that is going to participate (i'm thinking more like CCR than Tuner Transformation so i will be pushing it that way) and then on to the projects.

he agreed, as did most there, that anyone with a project already in mind for their car, like a new front suspension, brake upgrade, rear suspension, engine bay cleaning and maintaining, and projects like this would good stuff for the pilot. i'm guessing he'll get enough footage to make an hour long, and then he's going to shop it to the cable channel that he has access to. he says that with the stuff that they're running now, our little thing is going to shine like a diamond in the rough.

my intensity level hasn't changed, although i am a little more encouraged to hear what this kid had to say. it's nice knowing a semi-pro agrees with you in what you are trying to get accomplished.

i am a little disappointed in the turnout. i do have a copy of the chat if anyone is interested, and like i said before i will make it available to those who didn't attend. we do need some concrete ideas for projects at this point, and instead of just posting up what you think is a good project, i would rather if people thought the whole process out and make sure that they can afford it before committing their car/idea. like i said all along, we're working on a zero budget, so this is something that at the most you can expect free labor on.

he did ask if anyone had wireless microphones. that would help out in taping the pilot. we do have some ambient mics available that is going to help out with the environmental sounds, but for closeups and narration he'd rather we had better sound quality. he does have access to one state-of-the-art camera, sound mixing equipment and some lighting. he also said something about editting equipment which, for the sake of his school project we might as well let him do.

i'm also thinking about having more than one camera there, in addition to the one he is going to be using, to get kind of a documentary feel - kind of like a "behind the scenes of Average Guy's" type thing. i'd also like more creative control over the end product that we would keep, maybe for future possibilities, and i'd still like to have Justin take a shot at editting. any thoughts?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-21-2004, 07:18 AM   #16
1RawTA

This sounds like a pretty good idea, keep me updated on it guys.. in the spring i have a fuel system and a 12 bolt rearend planned for my car so that may make some good material to film right there
WWW.TTPERFORMANCE.NET
1RawTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 09:31 AM   #17
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

It sounds like you guys got a lot accomplished last night. Sorry I couldn't be there - I was stuck setting up a DHCP server for my networking class last night.

Jim - could you send me a copy of the chat? Tru2Chevy@comcast.net

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 10:51 AM   #18
bencar

Jim, I'm also warming to the idea of this thing going in the direction of a 'reality' type format, but like you, I'd like this to stay somewhat close to being educational, as well as entertaining. I'll work with you on steering things, no not becoming a roadblock, just gently nudging things in a direction that will hopefully make this thing TAKE OFF!

I'm also thrilled to have that fellow on board who has access to all that profesional level equipment, and also some experience in the art of producing something like what we have in mind.

Now, I know had some small projects in mind tha we could use (i.e., the Engine Detailing thing, of Collector Gasket replacement), but those a 'small potatoes', and we could use some slightly bigger stuff for filming.

So, like Jim said, (sort of) in the other part of this Forum-Do you want to sit on the sidelines, and miss out on a fantastic opportunity, or do you want to get in on the ground floor? I would think the answer is-GET INVOLVED NOW!
Old 10-21-2004, 11:03 AM   #19
SpeakersGoBoom

So dan is on NJFBOA? Whats his username?
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2004, 12:56 AM   #20
bencar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
If you mean the Kid that Jims69Camaro was talking about, the answer is that he was a Guest in the Chatroom the other night, but he's not on the NJFBOA that I know of.
Of course his expertise, and help are very welcome, and now we need more particpation form the NJFBOA Board members to help keep this thing moving along.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:44 AM   #21
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
no, i don't think he's made it to the website yet. he left before i could invite him. if you could pass along the info, that we want him to join here, it would be easier to keep him in the loop on our progress. just a thought.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-22-2004, 09:59 AM   #22
SpeakersGoBoom

Can do!
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2004, 12:24 PM   #23
jims69camaro

good deal.

has anyone looked at the statistics for this thread? 143 views!!! man, that's awesome. at least people are keeping in touch with what's happening.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 10-28-2004, 09:54 PM   #24
bencar

Not to mention encouraging

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge