Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #1
Chad

starting problem

ok im having a problem here with my 2000 z28. I just replaced the alternator and the battery because i thought they were bad because i would try to start the car and it would crank over every once so often. Now that i replaced them i was just driving home and i got about half mile down the road from my house and i start loosing all power to my car. First my radio turned off then my abs light turned on, traction control turned off, lights got dimmer and dimmer until they finally turned off. The battery guage on the car just slowley dropped until the car turned off. I got someone to tow my car and i put it in the driveway and i put jumper cables to it and i got power to my car but still under 12 on the guage. It was cranking over alot but then i got it to finally start and as soon as i took the cables off i lost all power again and it just repeated the whole process over. If anyone could help me and give me advice to what could be wrong i would appreciate it. Thanks.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 05:02 AM   #2
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

you could have either bought defective parts which i have seen time and time again, or you have one hell of a parastic draw on your car.
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

sounds like an alternator issue. make sure your cables are properly connected and then either get the alternator bench tested or exchanged
Old 07-26-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Chad

well the alternator was refubished and i tested it and it was reading a low charge so they said they would replace it free =)
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning