Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 07-12-2010, 03:07 AM   #26
HeadlessNorseman

so you thought the car was broken and you decided to put headers on it? def shouldnt be modding or racing a car if it feels sluggish or down on power at all like you described... just my opinion. I would get a scanner on there ASAP. If that doesnt point to anything def check the compression

JSFBOA

Draino?
HeadlessNorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 11:00 AM   #27
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage View Post
cleaned the maf sensor today...to say it was dirty would be an understatement. there was about 6 bugs in the screen part and the wires were completely black and having gunk on them. .
are you using an air filter??

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:43 PM   #28
BrandonDrecksage

Quote:
Originally Posted by REED! View Post
so you thought the car was broken and you decided to put headers on it? def shouldnt be modding or racing a car if it feels sluggish or down on power at all like you described... just my opinion. I would get a scanner on there ASAP. If that doesnt point to anything def check the compression
if you read my last post..it basically said the car is fixed power wise. how else would you suggest to confirm if a car is down on power? Magic fairy dust? I replaced the headers because I thought the cats were clogged and I raced it to see if I was right about it being down on power....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
are you using an air filter??
I just bought the car...who knows what the last owner was doing...I replaced the k&n filter with a paper one the day I bought the car. My guess is that the maf was dirty from over oiling the k&n...no idea where the bugs are coming from....maybe the intake was loose at soem point.

I don't know about the motor mounts...it moves a lil, but not enough to think they are completely gone. I had it up on a lift and the clamp for the y pipe only has an 1/8 of an inch roughly from the floor.

Previous
1999,, 2001, 2002 Chevy camaro ss, 1998 camaro z28, 2013 camaro 1le twin turbo all m6

Last edited by BrandonDrecksage; 07-12-2010 at 05:44 PM.
BrandonDrecksage is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning