Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
L695speed

WTB: T56 Complete core, possibly T5.

Hey guys, I'm looking down the barrel of a possible broken 3/4 fork in the GTA. So, I'm yanking the T56, and checking the clutch as well. I'm taking the chance here to get the other one back on the road, and am looking at rebuilding the LT T56 to LS spec. If I do this, the GTA is gonna need a trans. So I'm looking for a LT T56 core. The T56 option would probably be preferred especially if the clutch and what not is still good.

A complete LS core would work as well since I would rebuild it and stick it in the other car.

A T5 is the final option, and I'm considering it because, while the TPI 350 is known to break them, but they've lasted as well. And with a 3.70 rear, a T5 may be quite fun.

Let me know if anyone has anything or comes across anything, in the meantime, I'm yanking the T56 and rebuilding it to LS spec, per the plan to get the other car on the road by this time next year.

I'm only looking in case someone has a good deal on a complete LT or LS T56 core. Right now, my focus is on the LS swap car. But bringing the GTA back to the road is not out of the question if someone has a good reasonable deal.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Classified Forums > Classifieds Forums > Wanted To Buy - Automotive