Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey

Notices

Old 05-07-2005, 12:41 PM   #26
FoxTa

hey im new to the board but im in the mayslanding area. Off subject but im out at landis sat nights.
Any1 know where the english creek shoppping center is on 322, theres a big parking lot and a chinese buffet there called sharon zangs that is BYOB. Also a hibatchi grill there thats awesome. Just a though.
FoxTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:14 PM   #27
camaro2you

so wheres it gonna be at?
camaro2you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 07:54 PM   #28
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

no place. no one stepped up and looked into anything and now it is too late to give anyone any notice.
we will head back to south jersey in august. so if anyone has any ideas for then start persuing them now. remeber the weekend of the 13th and 14th is the club's anniversary meet, so that weekend is out.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:19 AM   #29
Slow Z
11 Second Club

I said Vineland 3 different times, came up with a few locations, and nothing from any of you more hardcore NJFBOA people...

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... or even June 4th.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:47 AM   #30
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z
I said Vineland 3 different times, came up with a few locations, and nothing from any of you more hardcore NJFBOA people...

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? Â*I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... Â*or even June 4th. Â*
Not trying to speak for anyone, but this is how I see it:

Coming up with places and actually speaking with them to make sure they would welcome the group are different things. I'd be more than happy to do some leg work, except I live no where near that part of the state (I'm considered South I think, but I'm much closer to central NJ that it's tough for me to do any work down in that area).

As far as last weekend in May, that's Memorial Day weekend, and it'll be tough getting anyone to show, as many people have travel plans or car show plans, and many restaurants are expecting a large crowd as is, that it would be tough to get in. Â*as for first weekend in June, my guess is it's possible, but you run into other problems (kinda close to the North June meet, and it no longer being May etc). Â*

In the lounge I have a post about my graduation party May 21 that people are welcome to come to as an informal meet. Â*PM me for my address or directions if you wanna come.
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 11:54 AM   #31
foff667
Keyboard Tough Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****OnWheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z

Why not last weekend in May? first weekend in June? Â*I think the night of May 28th is far enough to give notice for... Â*or even June 4th. Â*
Not trying to speak for anyone, but this is how I see it:

Coming up with places and actually speaking with them to make sure they would welcome the group are different things. Â*I'd be more than happy to do some leg work, except I live no where near that part of the state (I'm considered South I think, but I'm much closer to central NJ that it's tough for me to do any work down in that area).

As far as last weekend in May, that's Memorial Day weekend, and it'll be tough getting anyone to show, as many people have travel plans or car show plans, and many restaurants are expecting a large crowd as is, that it would be tough to get in. Â*as for first weekend in June, my guess is it's possible, but you run into other problems (kinda close to the North June meet, and it no longer being May etc). Â*

In the lounge I have a post about my graduation party May 21 that people are welcome to come to as an informal meet. Â*PM me for my address or directions if you wanna come.
foff667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 12:34 PM   #32
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

yeah, i would offer more assistance but im mostly working and haven't had much time to figure something out. ill still try, today through wednesday i have off so i'm up to meeting with anyone and seeing what our options are, just gimme a call or look fo me - 856.498.1943. maybe doin somethin in deptford by where i work, RL, or that area? or maybe deptford was too difficult, not sure. or we can just do a small one. dunno.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2005, 05:44 PM   #33
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

it is not jsut a matter of saying a town or area or even a restaurant. you have to go get things set with them. no one ever persued a particular locationor date for the meet.

we saw the first time that we were supposed to go to south jersey what only having a week or two of notice does. hardly anyone showed up.

june meet is ready to go in north jersey, july will be in central jersey and then we will try to hit south jersey again in early august.

start lookin around for places that fit our needs and see if something can be set up for teh weekend of august 6th and 7th.

later
tim

Old 05-16-2005, 05:57 PM   #34
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

can someone inform me as to what you guys would rather eat at this meet/time of day?

i was talking it over with my dad, on delsea drive (Rt 47) there is a friendlys by the cumberland mall, as well as a bowling alley right next door. i dont know if this would be a good idea, you guys would need to tell me.

also there is always the outback steakhouse, theres one down by the shore...they normally have adequate parking.

5 points inn/diner out off of old landis road, has an upstairs...i could call and see prices on renting it out...my dad thinks itd probably be something like 13.95 a head. i dont know if you guys would be down...and if the parking is sufficient enough.

let me know what you guys are into with regards to meets, with this much time in advance, ill start calling now to see if theyd accomodate.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:01 PM   #35
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

basically what we need is pretty simple.

1. parking for 30 or so cars. preferably together and the more visable from the road the better.

2. food. any place with good food that an adult can eat a full meal for 15bucks or so i woudl say is fair.

3. management must be willing to host us. we don't have money to put down deposits or anything, so they have to want us to be there. this part is easy, most people won't turn down the potential for 40-50 extra paying customers.

4. must be friendly to all ages/family enviroment. a lot of people like to bring their kids and many members are not yet 21, so we can't go to a bar basically.

5. places that have space to seat us all together. that way if we have any announcements to make or people want to mingle there is no looking around for the members of our group.

6. meets are generally saturday or sunday, starting around 2ish

as you can see the requirements are pretty simple. it is mostly just a matter of letting the restaurants know about us. we have had several successful meets already. never any incidents, and we have a strong membership base to draw from.
print out a copy of the club flyer to hand to teh manager and be prepared to drop things like our membership count and that we were founded in august of last year.
it is a little late to get anything together for may. if you want to start planning for early august that would be great. if you want to put something together for before then, hit me up on AIM and we can figure out some good dates to shoot for.

thanks
tim

Old 05-17-2005, 05:21 AM   #36
IROCdan330
12 Second Club

Thanks Tim...I'll look into finding somewhere for around August 6th. I'll call the places I've mentioned...and see whats up.
Old 05-17-2005, 06:00 PM   #37
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

thanks for taking the lead on this. it is pretty easy to get something like this together. hardest part is always finding teh time to visit the places.

later
tim

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > South Jersey