Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 03-01-2015, 11:08 PM   #1
fire-chickens

Question Reputable shops that can do a clutch install in northern NJ?

I'm looking to have a monster clutch installed on my car with a new slave cylinder and tick master cylinder, I don't have the tools or resources to do it myself so I'm looking for a place I can trust with my car and do the job right. This is for a 2006 GTO but still has the same drivetrain as an f-body so it's not really that much different.
Old 03-02-2015, 05:24 AM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

JS Performance did the clutch in my 99 Z28. Hulmeville would be about an hour drive for ya.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
JS Performance did the clutch in my 99 Z28. Hulmeville would be about an hour drive for ya.
This. I drove from Rockland County NY to go to JS. When it comes to driveline, if I can't do it, it goes to Josh. It's worth the trip to make sure the car is done right IMO.
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:13 PM   #4
fire-chickens

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
This. I drove from Rockland County NY to go to JS. When it comes to driveline, if I can't do it, it goes to Josh. It's worth the trip to make sure the car is done right IMO.
I forgot about JS Performance! looks like about a 1.5 hour drive for me. I'll have to call them, it would be a lot of driving to drop it off go home and pick it back up since I work full time and all. Not too sure what their turnaround time is for a clutch install job I don't like leaving my car that far away for any period of time I've got a lot invested into it. I'm a picky owner when it comes to shops I've never been to regardless of reputation. They do look like they've got their stuff in order and know their LS powered cars! Thanks for the input!

Last edited by fire-chickens; 03-03-2015 at 11:14 PM.
fire-chickens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
qwikz28
13 Second Club / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fire-chickens View Post
I forgot about JS Performance! looks like about a 1.5 hour drive for me. I'll have to call them, it would be a lot of driving to drop it off go home and pick it back up since I work full time and all. Not too sure what their turnaround time is for a clutch install job I don't like leaving my car that far away for any period of time I've got a lot invested into it. I'm a picky owner when it comes to shops I've never been to regardless of reputation. They do look like they've got their stuff in order and know their LS powered cars! Thanks for the input!
I've got more than I'd like to admit into my car as well, which for me is the reason I like to know it's in good hands. Too many unscrupulous shop owners have burned me in the past. Now, I've got my guys and I stick to them. JS for driveline and repairs, tuning and custom body work in South Jersey, fabricator is in Clifton. Another thing is, be patient and don't nickle and dime the mechanic. One day down the road, you may need a favor and they'll be willing to cut you slack. And with these cars, things are bound to go wrong again in the future. Just my .02
qwikz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #6
Geezer powered

Gary at little falls automotive/trans does great work, clean shop and very OCD. your baby will be taken car of.
Rob at stage1 also does good work
Geezer powered is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline