Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 03-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #1
jims69camaro

Cruisin' Downtown 2011, Toms River NJ 2nd Wednesday of each month

i was in on the planning committee again this year. we're looking for more volunteers to help with the parking deal, so if you're interested go to the website and sign up. those local to toms river would be ideal.

i always thought there was no year restriction, but it appears from the website that all cars prior to 1986 can be shown. obviously, you've got an inside man so if you wanted to bring a newer car, i could get you in.

we have rain dates this year, so should we run into the same deal like we did last year at least we won't miss a whole month because of the weather. the shows are scheduled for the second wednesday of the month, may through september, and the rain dates are the following day (second thursday). we should know fairly early in the day whether the rain date will be utilized, but the best way to know is to check the website since i no longer frequent here as often as i did.

there is no age restriction on volunteers - all are welcome. you younger guys might even think of things we 'white-beards' hadn't, so all input is welcome. the first meeting is this week, March 17 at 11:00 a.m. while i'm not sure what all will be entailed with the meeting, if there are any changes to the way we directed traffic last year, firming up the rain dates, whatever. if you want to be involved, sign up on the website: http://www.downtowntomsriver.com/cruisin/cruisin1.htm

ignore the 2010 - looks like someone goofed on the website rewrite. two radio stations usually show up (WJRZ and the Hawk) and there will be live entertainment as well as DJs on site for the shows. if you have any questions, you can shoot me an email at jims69camaro@gmail.com - don't leave a message here and expect me to see it. i'm also on facebook, which is probably the quickest way to get in touch with me: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=539419521

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events