Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-07-2009, 12:45 PM   #26
Saitin
Banned

If they did legalize it I'm sure the DUI policy would be updated to include it.
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:47 PM   #27
madness410

yeah but the thing is they dont have breathalyzers for marijuana lol. but alex that is a really smart idea not going out at night on a bike..
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #28
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
When they legalize drugs, I'm locking my doors and barricading myself in my home.

Personally, I don't want to be on the road with high people, let alone drunk. I don't ride my motorcycle at night anymore, in fact I avoid it at all costs because of that reason. But I pray alcoholics have the dignity to not drink during the day and save it for after the regular 9-5 working hours (if they even have a job) but I know a lot of people like to smoke up during the day, and If I'm out riding I don't want to be near anyone that's smoked a hell of a lot of whatever and be driving thinking "hey far out, lets catch that blue bug"
Post one stated that smoking pot is a victimless offense so your post is BS.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitin View Post
If they did legalize it I'm sure the DUI policy would be updated to include it.
In many states it is already a part of the DUI statue..

Last edited by Tsar; 05-07-2009 at 12:57 PM. Reason: spellingz are lacking today
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #29
madness410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
Post one stated that smoking pot is a victimless offense so your post if BS.
let me rephrase that then lol..i think its a victimless offense if they just chill out and do it in their home. happy?
Old 05-07-2009, 12:56 PM   #30
Tsar
MIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
let me rephrase that then lol..i think its a victimless offense if they just chill out and do it in their home. happy?
Does weed magically appear in someones pocket? If you answer is no, as it should be then you should think about drug runners. I'm sure those guys will never hurt a fly. Go have a talk with a DEA agent and he will tell you how nice some of those guys are.

There are victims before you buy a joint, and there might be victims after you buy a joint (if you are stupid enough to drive). Doesn't seem victimless
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
madness410

hm. good point. tou che.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:10 PM   #32
Mike
BadMod

as someone who works in a jail with a couple hundred more people than it is supposed to hold, with a large number of people there on possession warrants for under 100 bucks....i think it would be a decent plan if done right. not only would you be able to tax it, but you would save BILLIONS in the prison systems.

everyone cries about "Americans should buy American cars" and not send their money to japan/Europe, yet all this drug money is sent to central and south America and that is not a problem?

legalize it and we can have fda controlled farming IN THIS COUNTRY of one of the biggest cash crops in the world

so.........

taxes = revenue
farming = revenue
saving money in the prison systems and law enforcement = revenue

and not only that, your not sending tons of American dollars to drug lords known to have terrorist ties......

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #33
baddest434
8 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
as someone who works in a jail with a couple hundred more people than it is supposed to hold, with a large number of people there on possession warrants for under 100 bucks....i think it would be a decent plan if done right. not only would you be able to tax it, but you would save BILLIONS in the prison systems.

everyone cries about "Americans should buy American cars" and not send their money to japan/Europe, yet all this drug money is sent to central and south America and that is not a problem?

legalize it and we can have fda controlled farming IN THIS COUNTRY of one of the biggest cash crops in the world

so.........

taxes = revenue
farming = revenue
saving money in the prison systems and law enforcement = revenue

and not only that, your not sending tons of American dollars to drug lords known to have terrorist ties......
i agree 100% with you on this mike.
why not legalize prositution too....thats a victimless crime
baddest434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:02 PM   #34
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
at least they would be able to monitor for diseases, charge income and sales tax

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 05-07-2009, 02:05 PM   #35
madness410

yeah i agree with mike..most of the stuff he said i learned in my corrections class this past semester. haha prostitution is victimless also. but if they did it everywhere vegas wouldnt be that big of a deal
Old 05-07-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
Saitin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by baddest434 View Post
it is in AC isn't it.
Saitin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:23 PM   #37
madness410

but mike dont you also think it may be some part law enforcements fault for bringing someone into the system with possession of less than $100 worth of pot?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #38
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by madness410 View Post
but mike dont you also think it may be some part law enforcements fault for bringing someone into the system with possession of less than $100 worth of pot?
many times they dont. they write a summons much like a motor vehicles ticket. and then the people dont show up to court when they are supposed to and a warrant goes out. once the warrant is out, you cant tell if its failure to pay a seatbelt ticket, or murder until they are into the station

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #39
sandynmark98z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar View Post
Does weed magically appear in someones pocket? If you answer is no, as it should be then you should think about drug runners. I'm sure those guys will never hurt a fly. Go have a talk with a DEA agent and he will tell you how nice some of those guys are.

There are victims before you buy a joint, and there might be victims after you buy a joint (if you are stupid enough to drive). Doesn't seem victimless
could it be that the not so nice people that are involved in the trade beacause it is illegal? just look back at history in the 1920's ,where did the orgainized crime families gain their biggest rise in power? bootlegging.
sandynmark98z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #40
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
it is in AC isn't it.
no.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 02:33 PM   #41
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
it is in AC isn't it.
With the amount of prostitutes running around you would think so, but no.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:52 PM   #42
69RSZ

compared to beer? compared to driveing while on a handheld cellphone? compared to driveing with no sleep like most truckers do on drugs that keep them awake? compared to illegals getting drivers liceneses that cant read the english roadsignes? Or compared to all the people who are out there trying to be roadracers raceing on the public highways endangering the public by speeding or drag raceing? There are a lot of things to worry about while on the road and im more scared of all of the above that someone who smokes a joint.

Last edited by 69RSZ; 05-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.
69RSZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:00 PM   #43
zuuhlsT/A

I say legalize pot. Why not? I mean we can sit here and drink until we die of cirrhosis of the liver.We can smoke cigarettes till we die of lung cancer. What would be the big deal about pot? And that remark about pot being a gateway drug is a bunch of BS! Okay, I sparked a doobie... Now I need to get heroin? LOL gimme a break. With pot off the illegal drug list we can concentrate on the REAL drugs that mess people up. Ever heard of cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin and crystal meth? The list goes on and on but I hope you see what I'm getting at. I'll shut up now.
1979 Pontiac Trans Am WS6, working on it
1990 Pontiac Trans AM WS6, Sold
2002 Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk ,#1368 Sold
1995 Pontiac Trans Am, Traded for Hawk
1979 Pontiac Trans Am,Black, Never had a chance
1979 Pontiac Trans Am,Silver, Oak Tree in my way
1979 Pontiac Trans Am Red WS6 sold
zuuhlsT/A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #44
WildBillyT
Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla / Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuuhlsT/A View Post
I say legalize pot. Why not? I mean we can sit here and drink until we die of cirrhosis of the liver.We can smoke cigarettes till we die of lung cancer. What would be the big deal about pot? And that remark about pot being a gateway drug is a bunch of BS! Okay, I sparked a doobie... Now I need to get heroin? LOL gimme a break. With pot off the illegal drug list we can concentrate on the REAL drugs that mess people up. Ever heard of cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin and crystal meth? The list goes on and on but I hope you see what I'm getting at. I'll shut up now.
Gateway drug does not mean you are instantly driven to try harder stuff.
WildBillyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #45
Knipps

1. Hemp, the material is legal. The THC is what makes Marijuana illegal, there are many other cannabinoids that don't produce THC which are grown commercially.

2. The main reason it's a "gateway drug" is because of how MJ has been bashed to hell and once kids try it, they realize it's not going to make them kill themselves like the commericals say. So the kids figure why not try out some other things that they've been misinformed on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:52 PM   #46
69BirdX
12 Second Club

If it were leagalized then it could be grown in the US and be much safer. The **** on the street now is mixed with all kinds of crap. It would save the US goverment so much money. I know plenty of kids that drive high so i wouldnt be worried about that as long as it got the same rules as Alcohol. Should you be allowed to smoke it. Yes but ina safe enviroment where its not bothering anyone else. I dont care if it became the norm in america i still wouldnt smoke and so would alot of others. Why not leagalize it. It will only harm the ones that smoke it. If they know the risks and are still dumb enough to do it let em.
'04 Pontiac GTO....Sunday Funday Special

69BirdX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #47
NastyEllEssWon

ok well I've held my tongue on this. I am a HUGE pro-marijuana advocate. I have been a member of NORML (national organization for the reform of marijuana laws) for a very long time now. So this is basically how it goes.

Legalize Marijuana and Hemp

In the 1920's Hemp was being experimented to be made into new materials such as plastics, oils, fuels and the medical value of THC was being brought into play.

The govt created a smear campaign against Marijuana as a drug. Resulting in not only the illegalization but the thought it made you insane.

Marijuana was illegalized around the same time alcohol. Alcohol was brought back due to massive bootlegging and rise in ''alcohol crimes.''

Marijuana was continued to be smeared by the American govt for close to 70 years now. Mandatory Minimum Sentencing and the so called ''War On Drugs'' have put many non violent offenders in jail for very long amounts of time.

So what can marijuana do for you and your country???

Industrial.

Hemp can be made into ropes, fabrics, papers, plastics, oils, fuels.

Which means we can stop cutting down the rain forests and american countryside; Instead cutting down controlled field of Hemp plants. Hemp grows very large and fast and is easily harvested a few times a year.

The byproduct? An Illegal Substance?

Hemp is the male plant of cannabis. Its low in THC and very pulpy and good for industrial uses. The Female version grows marijuana. Very Leafy and grows ''buds'' which protect the seeds of the plant. Very rich in THC which produces slight psycadelic, effects causing slight euphoria for a small amount of time.

This is what you do with the rest of the marijuana left over from hemp production.

Repeal the marijuana laws. Place laws in effect to keep marijuana regulated and Taxed. Offer marijuana in a variety of strengths and strains for the casual user to choose. Let out all NON-VIOLENT OFFENDERS IN PRISON WHO ARE SERVING MANDATORY MINIMUM SENTENCES FOR MARIJUANA ''CRIMES.''

what happens?

more jobs for farming, shipping, industrial factory work pops up. less taxes are spent on the million in jail for marijuana crimes. more taxes are made from a booming industry, export sky rockets and you tax marijuana as highly as you tax tobacco and alcohol.

as for roadside tests, breathalyzers and the like for marijuana? guess what. they already exist

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #48
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

I think the comparison of the modern economy with pot illegal to prohibition is completely insane. Weed is not a multi billion dollar legal industry that was taken away from companies and tax collection, it is rather the opposite. Pot as a drug has never had anything to do with regulated consumer society in the US.

As far as the prison system, all it would do is lead to larger and broader ranging punishments for infractions. This is the pattern of anything that becomes legal and is frowned upon.

The result would be more ways for people to play the system, the further stuffing of the legal system and exaggeration of the baby sitting service we call a rehabilitation system, and more people be openly and more actively stupid than ever. Basically, nothing of any use will come of it.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #49
jims69camaro

just so we're all on the same page: i lament the fact that US dollars go anywhere but back into our economy. we've shot ourselves in the foot long ago, and continue to do so every time an american dollar goes outside the US.

there are a lot of things that could fix our economy, not the least of which would be to legalize marijuana. we could fix our trade deficits to countries like japan. we could spend more of those tax dollars that are being spent warehousing non-violent (read: drug users) offenders in prisons. we could make a better product and advertise that fact not only in the US but aboard. we could stop our leaders from squandering our tax dollars in frivolous ways. the list is endless, but mostly what keeps us from fixing things like this is that people are getting rich from our tax dollars. that is what has to stop, more than anything else. so fix the system before you think about legalizing MJ. otherwise, it will just become another way for our leaders to get fat.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #50
Frosty

I've only smoked it a few times many years ago...it was ok...I like it better than drinking but I rarely drink. For those that say it's a gateway drug...BS. That person probably already had a desire to try other drugs.

I firmly believe the only reason that it's not legal is because the government doesn't have a viable system in place to regulate and tax it. There are negatives with everything but legalizing it isn't that big of a deal to me...honestly...who cares? It's no more dangerous or harmful than alcohol and we all know how that goes...\\
Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
just so we're all on the same page: i lament the fact that US dollars go anywhere but back into our economy. we've shot ourselves in the foot long ago, and continue to do so every time an american dollar goes outside the US.

there are a lot of things that could fix our economy, not the least of which would be to legalize marijuana. we could fix our trade deficits to countries like japan. we could spend more of those tax dollars that are being spent warehousing non-violent (read: drug users) offenders in prisons. we could make a better product and advertise that fact not only in the US but aboard. we could stop our leaders from squandering our tax dollars in frivolous ways. the list is endless, but mostly what keeps us from fixing things like this is that people are getting rich from our tax dollars. that is what has to stop, more than anything else. so fix the system before you think about legalizing MJ. otherwise, it will just become another way for our leaders to get fat.
Pretty good point.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)

Last edited by Frosty; 05-07-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge