Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 12:19 PM   #101
Knipps

Someone was talking about how the companies may get greedy and start using a "lesser product" with fillers. I think if that was the case people would go back to their own sources, most would be willing to pay more for better quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
dumbass.
Knipps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #102
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

And why would an illegal product farmer even bother going legal and paying taxes?

I mean, they have no problem breaking the law now, why would the follow a different one later?
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 12:29 PM   #103
Knipps

For the ability to experience exponential growth? Instead of hiding a few plants in a shed they can fill a plantation with them.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #104
NastyEllEssWon

we've touched based on the economical growth from marijuana. i dont know if anyone is reading the earliers posts.

Growing huge fields of hemp means also having a large crop of marijuana. In california medical marijuana is distributed at the rate of 300 dollars for an ounce of marijuana. take the fact that one plant, half sized, can produce more than a few ounces per harvest, and the fact that its harvest more than once a year, then multiply that by the number of crops you have growing on just 1 farm, then multiply that by the number of americans that would want to partake in marijuana and you got a large number.

What happens? You get multiple things from this....

Maximum product for minimum overhead.

Hemp and marijuana grows fast. Hemp is very pulpy but very strong. The number of industries that will experience growth for just hemp.

Farming
Textiles
Paper Mills
Rope
Bath and body products
Alternative Fuels

Not only saving money by not PERSUING, PROSECUTING AND JAILING non violent marijuana offenders. that money alone might be worth it.

how about taxes on marijuana itself? Impose some sanctions on it like alcohol.

21 to smoke
If carried in a car must be in the trunk or not accessible by cabin passengers
Smoking must not take place in public
No operating machinery

Pretty much just ammend the alcohol laws to include marijuana. and dont give me the ''there are no field tests to test for marijuana.'' thats bs. and they do. its a cotton swab that tells you if youve smoked marijuana in the last 3 hours.

America was built on the hemp industry. Why cant it be saved on it as well?

if you want more reading about marijuana/hemp and what it can do for our govt then please read this.

Hemp: The Trillian Dollar Crop
http://www.hempfarm.org/

Last edited by NastyEllEssWon; 05-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.
NastyEllEssWon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 01:40 PM   #105
madness410

setting an age limit on mj wouldnt be a bad idea at all..maybe even a 25+ year old limit. so it would be hard for younger crowds to get it
madness410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:33 PM   #106
BigAls87Z28

Yes, you could keep growing if you are a small farmer, but when you get big corperation involved, on top of now IRS looking for your money in the legalized pot world, you wont be around for long.
Just one more goverment agency coming to hunt you down. People could make thier own tabaco, roll it and smoke it..but they dont.
When its already made, sold at every corner store, why bother spending the money to make it or risk buying it illegally when you can go to 7-11 and pick up a pack of J's?
Old 05-09-2009, 06:10 PM   #107
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

i am sure there are plenty of good points in this thread for either side so i'll just state my opinion that i would rather not see cannabis legalized. with alcohol, you can measure a person's state of alcohol-induced intoxication (BAC) on the field and as far as i know, you cannot measure one's THC content on the field in a reasonable amount of time, like for a traffic stop. not being able to control a person's THC intake can only add to the people against alcohol and drunk driving and the like.

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 05-09-2009 at 06:12 PM.
sweetbmxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:31 PM   #108
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
Any chemical result is addictive, it is a part of human nature. Addiction is not just a physical condition, it is mental as well. Gonna discuss it you have to be ready to talk about both parts.
Then take away Pepsi because I can't stop drinking it, lol.
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:34 PM   #109
Frosty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
i am sure there are plenty of good points in this thread for either side so i'll just state my opinion that i would rather not see cannabis legalized. with alcohol, you can measure a person's state of alcohol-induced intoxication (BAC) on the field and as far as i know, you cannot measure one's THC content on the field in a reasonable amount of time, like for a traffic stop. not being able to control a person's THC intake can only add to the people against alcohol and drunk driving and the like.
Very good point.

You have to consider one thing about the BAC though, you can still be sited for DUI if the officer feels you're too impaired to drive even though your BAC is below the legal limit(though those laws may have changed,it'd tough to uphold it in court though)
2018 Camaro 2SS Redline package, ESC Novi 1500 tuned by EFX, Might Mouse wild catch can, GM STB, smoked ZL1 3rd brake light, Xpel XR Black 35% tint all around, Street Scene front splitter, C7 Carbon ZL1 side skirts, Drake Muscle Car Wickerbill spoiler

2010 Infiniti G37x-Moonlight White w/Graphite interior. Stock...for now. Xpel XR Black tint(hey it's a mod lol)
Frosty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 09:08 PM   #110
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty View Post
Very good point.

You have to consider one thing about the BAC though, you can still be sited for DUI if the officer feels you're too impaired to drive even though your BAC is below the legal limit(though those laws may have changed,it'd tough to uphold it in court though)

there are swabs that test for thc from within the last 3 hours
Old 05-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #111
shane27

cannabis has been around longer then humans. its on this earth for a reason, and that reason is so that humans(and maybe other species) can enjoy it.

that being said, we live in a society with a bunch of crazy idiots, who think that getting high is some unnatural curse, but getting ****bombed drunk and blacking out is normal. they made it so that if you want to live in this society, you cannot get high. you cant smoke weed, you cant do natural drugs, and you have to stay alive for 21 years before you can drink alcohol.

slowly if ever, marijuana will be legalized. but as a whole, we all need to grow up a little about it, including me.

Previous Cars: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (5spd), 1992 Mustang GT(auto), 1995 Hyundai accent(5spd)
Current Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX (5spd)
shane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:27 AM   #112
SuperSweet

Heres how I see it...MJ should be legalized and taxed like no other. Maybe not sold at every corner store, but have something along the lines of MJ bar..kind of like a hookah bar. Have the same DUI rules as alcohol..as for those who say you cant measure the THC level in someone for DUI, how many stoners actually want to do something while high? Smoking marijuana doesnt impare judgment to the point where you think you can do something that your incapable of doing(like flying)..where as someone who is totally bombed out might fight tooth and nail that they can drive home just fine.. When was the last time amsterdam broke out in a civil or international war?

And to compare marijuana with other drugs like pcp, cocaine, shrooms, acid...I personally think is rediculous. I understand the whole "gateway" thing with looking for a better high, but to say that if one is legal than they should all be legal is just crazy..they are just horses of another psychedelic color. They are a much more potent, extreme, drug that COMPLETLEY impares judgment, on all levels of society.

Anyone I've ever met that has smoke pot would agree that they are in a much more peaceful state, as well as being lazy enough where they dont want to do much, including driving. Plus, the mass jump in fast food sales might be enough to save the economy LEGALIZE

-Jay-
COD-MW2=X02ssMaroX XBOX LIVE
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
SuperSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #113
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

so you enjoy things like poison ivy? though i understand and somewhat agree with your points, i believe alcohol can have ill affects on young people if consumed before their body reaches a certain level of maturity. it can still ill-adversely affect adults, but not nearly as bad as young people.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #114
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane27 View Post
cannabis has been around longer then humans. its on this earth for a reason, and that reason is so that humans(and maybe other species) can enjoy it.
Ugh, I hate when people say that. I know someone who used to say that to me when we were friends in HS. He OD'ed on heroin last year.
Lava comes from the Earth, that **** will **** you up good too.
Its this mentality is why I will never support 100% the legalization of weed.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #115
Knipps

So rather than educate someone you'd prefer to call them stupid and antagonize their opinion. WTG Al

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #116
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knipps View Post
So rather than educate someone you'd prefer to call them stupid and antagonize their opinion. WTG Al
Who did I call names?
When did I say do not educate anyone?
There is plenty of education that drugs are bad. People avoid or dont pay attention to it becaues they dont know wtf they are talking about. I mean, DARE is just some goverment agency to stop people from getting high and experiencing things that can expand humands minds?

Its ********. I hate the "it comes from nature" nonsense that pot heads come up with.
I watched a friend die cause of it. Dont like my opinion? Maybe you can go talk to him.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:26 PM   #117
Knipps

Al, even DARE doesn't have much of an argument against MJ.
Quote:
Smoking marijuana may impair short-term memory while people are using the drug. This happens because all forms of marijuana contain THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the main active chemical in marijuana, which alters the way the brain works.
MAY impair short term memory. Alcohol does a lot worse.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:46 PM   #118
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Al, even DARE doesn't have much of an argument against MJ.

MAY impair short term memory. Alcohol does a lot worse.
Not saying that it doesnt.
My point is dont bring up the argument that if it comes from the Earth, its good for you.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:50 PM   #119
Knipps

I can agree with you there. Cyanide, tetradotoxin, etc. all come from nature

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #120
SuperSweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
so you enjoy things like poison ivy? though i understand and somewhat agree with your points, i believe alcohol can have ill affects on young people if consumed before their body reaches a certain level of maturity. it can still ill-adversely affect adults, but not nearly as bad as young people.
I also agree with that..as I knew of a 15yr old girl who went into an alcoholic coma after drinking too much..she ended up with 50% brain damage...alcohol deffinitely isnt something to screw around with at a young age.This also doesnt mean that marijuana should be sold at an age younger than the drinking age.

-Jay-
02 SOMSS-M6-,Volant CAI,TR55's,UMI LCA'S and PHR, Longtubes & TD's w/ sweet thunder bullets 315-35/17's. 349rwhp/372rwtq
Old 05-10-2009, 03:09 PM   #121
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Ugh, I hate when people say that. I know someone who used to say that to me when we were friends in HS. He OD'ed on heroin last year.

your problem is that you see it as a drug. in my mind a drug is any substance that cant be naturally made, used to get high. you can snort cocoa right from the cocoa plant, you cant inject or snort opium straight from a poppy plant. hell you cant get alcohol if you dont ferment the fruits first.

my point?

go up to a marijuana plant. grab a bud. toss it in a bowl. no processing, no chemical experiments or bunson burners. its just a plant.

heres an analogy you can understand big al......

Heroin is to Marijuana

as

Prius is to Corvette

Old 05-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #122
Knipps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyEllEssWon View Post
go up to a marijuana plant. grab a bud. toss it in a bowl. no processing, no chemical experiments or bunson burners. its just a plant.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Poisonous_plants

They're just plants.

Quote:
dumbass.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM   #123
NastyEllEssWon

Quote:

ok so? those plants have been proven to have harmful effects on humans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28034925/

2000 year old man found buried in the desert with a large stash of marijuana. it just goes to show that todays society is the only one with a problem from it.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #124
shane27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
just like you eat an apple from an apple tree
you smoke marijuana from a marijuana plant
u cant ingest lava and if you manage to you will be burned to death.

Previous Cars: 1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (5spd), 1992 Mustang GT(auto), 1995 Hyundai accent(5spd)
Current Car: 2000 Honda Accord EX (5spd)
shane27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:58 PM   #125
SuperSweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane27 View Post
just like you eat an apple from an apple tree
you smoke marijuana from a marijuana plant
u cant ingest lava and if you manage to you will be burned to death.
Lava doesnt grow in fields..thats like saying you cant swallow a hurricane but if you could your lungs woulds be blown away lol...lava cant be taxed or used to stimulate the economy.

-Jay-

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge