Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 05-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #1
L695speed

Chatterbox Cruise Nights

The Chatterbox drive in at the intersection of 15 and 206 in Sussex County is starting up official cruise nights starting this weekend. Cars start showing up in the middle of the afternoon and the party goes til closing round 9 or 9:30. The rush seems to be before and after dinner with cars showing up in droves on a nice day from 4-5 and around 7. I saw quite a few rides that may or may not have been members from here. If I have some things go my way I may have my own car up there towards the end of the summer. At the rate things are going however, it may be next year before it shows.

Anyway, Chatterbox Drive In corner of 206 and 15 in Sussex County, Saturday nights from 3- closing. Its amazing what shows up, I've seen a legit real Shelby Cobra 289 show up among others. I try to make it every Saturday if I can, not sure I'll be there this weekend as the daily driver is waiting for parts......
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

I used to head up once in a while, but I probably haven't been there for a year and a half now. Fun drive up there, and a ton of cars with a great atmosphere. Don't forget our monthly meet is there June 30.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:22 PM   #3
NjbadSS

Our monthly meet that 4 cars show up to lol
Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjbadSS View Post
Our monthly meet that 4 cars show up to lol
that is why it is later in the month this year lol. Other times there we've had over 20 cars.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:18 PM   #5
L695speed

To be fair, some like Larry showed up later and wondered where the others were. LOL. I told him we were all there then scattered in the show or left.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #6
Fleetwiz

If I get my brake booster swapped over on the Z i will be there....
Fleetwiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #7
TaKid455

I try to pop in. past couple showings I recall were weak. Then again I dont get there til close to 7 or so. I'll pencil it in for this year. may bring the '56 olds.
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
L695speed

I dropped in on you Larry a couple weeks ago, but it was right during Lunch hours and you weren't in. I looked at the blue T top 78....Sorry man I was interested, but the body is in dire need of help LOL! Floors ok I can deal with that, but the T top roof section is scary....hahahaha.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:21 PM   #9
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKid455 View Post
I try to pop in. past couple showings I recall were weak. Then again I dont get there til close to 7 or so. I'll pencil it in for this year. may bring the '56 olds.
It's because I didn't make it.

You know how I roll, Larry. I will be there this year, so it'll go back to being an epic turnout like it was 3 years ago.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #10
TaKid455

Sounds like a plan.

That blue T/A isnt too bad of a fix. Roof swaps are not too bad. That car and the 2 other blacks ones are all sold. Should be heading to Neb. by month's end.

Just have a 79 that is available. keeping the 72 & 74
TaKid455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:52 PM   #11
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKid455 View Post
Sounds like a plan.

That blue T/A isnt too bad of a fix. Roof swaps are not too bad. That car and the 2 other blacks ones are all sold. Should be heading to Neb. by month's end.

Just have a 79 that is available. keeping the 72 & 74
LOL, if I ever get the money I'll probably jump into the 2nd gen game. I already have some parts and a factory manual (keeping it sorry folks) so why not, I rode around in one for roughly the first 5 years of my life too. However, if I find a shell or just another TA kind of deal that is nothing special, I'll have fun with the motor and trans and probably stuff a chassis under it along with suspension mods. If I found an LS2, earlier 400 or 455 I'll leave it stock, same goes for W72 WS6 4 speed cars.

I'll get one eventually, just time and money. My car is getting there mechanically, gotta finish the brakes and get a motor in there and you'll see it on the streets with a rough body til I do that.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events