Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-09-2005, 11:04 AM   #1
oh one ls1 SS

no power

when i first start my car (when its cold) and i start to drive it the bitch bucks/hesitates like mother and when i come to a stop the idle drops to the 300-500 range but after about 10 mins of driveing it its pertty much normal. i was throwing some 02 codes so i swapped them out lastweek. and it is still hesitating n whatnot. but now,after its warmed up, and i drive it hard it loses power about 3Kish rpm's. i took it to my mechanic and he said that its running lean but he doesnt know why yet. its so slow now that i cant even chirp in 2nd and can barley get the tires to spin. HELP!!! any suggestions would be great
oh one ls1 SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
JW

I am thinking not enough fuel , when is the last time you changed your fuel filter and how many miles on your car? Could be fuel pump or injectors too.

just my thoughts.

JW
Old 11-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #3
oh one ls1 SS

just changed the fuel filter a few months ago and she's got just under 50K i noticed that when i take her out n its cold (the engin) it does the complete oposit of once it warms up example: when it hesitates..its only up to about 3K RPM's then it takes off and once it warms up it drives like **** after 3K wouldnt it throw a code if it was the fuel pump or injectors? i would just change everything untill i fix it but yea...im kinda on a limited budget
Old 11-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #4
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

Definitely sounds like a sensor giving bad information to the computer. I would climb under the car and check all the wiring to make sure something didn't get too close to the exhaust and short out. I would look at the O2's first since you already replaced one.
Old 11-10-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
LoudAssZ

Talking

Uuuuuum.... Buy that awesome T/A on Rt. 22... That baby runs awesome!!
LoudAssZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 12:17 AM   #6
oh one ls1 SS

HA yea they couldnt get that **** started n wouldnt guaranty it passing inspection n didnt give me any warranty at all...no thanks ill pass
Old 11-11-2005, 01:41 AM   #7
oh one ls1 SS

ALLRIGHT.... just put the O2 sims on and took it for a spin. when i first started it up it was doing the usual **** un untill 3K rpm's then after that the bitch took off and after a few more mins it was driving pretty good TTHHEENNNN all of a sudden my SES light pops on and she almost died. RPM's drop to 300 (when i came to a light) and its bucking threw out the RPM's. when i got back home i let my foot off the cluth n i heard like a spinning noise so i pushed the clutch back in and it stopped... then let it off again n it started... what the hells wrong!!!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:42 AM   #8
JL8Jeff

If you're getting an SES light you need to pull the codes from the computer before you can begin trying to figure out what's wrong. Go to Autozone and have them scan it for you.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:53 AM   #9
oh one ls1 SS

ran the codes and got 9 back... (4) O2 low volts, (2) Too lean (bank 1 and bank 2), something about MAF and VAC(i think) and aaaa i cant remember the other 2 i dont understand y it would throw the O2 codes if i just changed them and is there any way i could find out why its throwing a too lean code? could i of gotten bad gas? im at a stand still right now and w/o a car
Old 11-14-2005, 02:33 PM   #10
oh one ls1 SS

dropped her off at chevy and my Air/Fuel ratio guage was messed up i had a crack in my intake someplace (i was sleeping when he called) and they said since i have a K&N filter that it messed up my car to so they were trying to push for a stock filter... so i called Pontiac and talked to the service guy (he was really cool) and he said chevy's full of **** pretty much and he even told me to get the SLP ram air kit and some over stuff. so yea im hopefully picking her up tonight and everything will be perfect
Old 11-14-2005, 02:58 PM   #11
JL8Jeff

A vacuum leak will cause problems no doubt and if you over oiled the K&N that could cause buildup and throw off the MAF so that's why the dealer doing the work mentioned the stock filter. Maybe some of your codes were old ones that never got erased, but I don't see where a vacuum leak or the air filter would cause the low O2 voltage codes. Hopefully they're old codes.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:43 AM   #12
matt98ls1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL8Jeff
A vacuum leak will cause problems no doubt and if you over oiled the K&N that could cause buildup and throw off the MAF so that's why the dealer doing the work mentioned the stock filter. Maybe some of your codes were old ones that never got erased, but I don't see where a vacuum leak or the air filter would cause the low O2 voltage codes. Hopefully they're old codes.

The inherent low O2 voltage codes are due to the change in A/F ratio. Essentially, if the MAF or the IAT are reading incorrect values, then the car will run horribly (too rich). These conditions will throw off the readings for the front O2 sensors, and trigger an SES light.

Once they replace the MAF, cracked lid, and delete the codes, you should be fine. Oh, and go with a Fram. No oil, work fine, and are less than $6.
matt98ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning