Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 10-30-2005, 10:47 AM   #1
68camaroguy

compression

my motor is a 67 327, 4bolt mains 9.75:1 compression camel, hump heads(2.02x1.64) the cam is a Speed-pro 291`-.447� lift cam.. it makes 350hp and 370ft. lbs. any suggestions on the most efficient way to boost compression on this without actually changin pistons. ALSO if anyone has any thoughts on what cam i should stuff in the motor.
68camaroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

easiest adn best way to boost compression is to deck the heads a little. it is something that is easy for a machine shop to take care of in a day or two.
as far as cam recomendations go we would need to know what has been done to the heads, what intake you run, and what RPM you wanna spin this thing to.

later
tim

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #3
68camaroguy

its a dual plane (no Name) aluminum manifold, which is getin changed to either a performer Rpm Air gap or a tunnel ram. umm the heads are pretty much stock, except now they have hardened seats. umm i gotta 650 cfm speed demon carb. hooker competition headers flowmaster 40 series muffs. soon to be magna packs. cloyes double roller timing chain 8" harmonic balancer. gear setup and everything is gunna be to make most power at roughly 300-3500 rpm i want the motor to have more balls.. what would be necessary... and would you deck the heads or shave em????
Old 11-01-2005, 01:03 AM   #4
68camaroguy

its a dual plane (no Name) aluminum manifold, which is getin changed to either a performer Rpm Air gap or a tunnel ram. umm the heads are pretty much stock, except now they have hardened seats. umm i gotta 650 cfm speed demon carb. hooker competition headers flowmaster 40 series muffs. soon to be magna packs. cloyes double roller timing chain 8" harmonic balancer. gear setup and everything is gunna be to make most power at roughly 300-3500 rpm i want the motor to have more balls.. what would be necessary... and would you deck the heads or shave em????
Old 11-01-2005, 05:34 AM   #5
9secfirebird

if ya want some help, gimmie a shout

9085811221 or get at my by email or AIM

mike

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning