Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline

Notices

Old 11-23-2005, 06:28 PM   #1
chevyt454

Need rear end?

The other day I tried to move the car but it felt like the parking brake was on. I jacked up the rear and the right rear tire wouldn't turn. I put it in first. There was a squeal and then it broke free but still felt like something was binding. Someone told me that was the rear about to give out. Any ideas?
chevyt454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 06:31 PM   #2
9secfirebird

i have a complete 342 rear end that i need to get outta my garage before i get the new one, its complete and in nice shape

make me a good offer and come get it, it would be a great upgrade, plus its better than the one in there if your having problems with it

9085811221 call me up to midnight
Old 11-23-2005, 07:39 PM   #3
V
Stalker

if its a disc brake rear, could be a frozen caliper, you can try removing the caliper and seeing if it helps. if theres no difference then its the rear.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 08:32 PM   #4
coldkilla

same goes for if its a drum setup, they can come out of adjustment every now and again, if you havent started it in awhile it might just be sticking.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Transmission and Driveline