Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 05-22-2015, 09:04 AM   #1
L695speed

Chatterbox Meet Cruise Up

The past few years, some of us have gotten together to cruise up to the Chatterbox meet. We may change the usual meet spot due to TAkid455 not being able to make it on the 30th. If it rains, and the meet is pushed to the rain date, we'll see what happens.

However, if anyone is interested in meeting up, and driving up to the meet, we can do so. Number of cars ranged from 4-5 to nearly 15 last year. I just need to know, if people are interested, where they're coming from so maybe I can find a decent meet up spot.

Also, on occasion, some go out and get lost on the roads after the meet on purpose. In short, we have fun. I may take some people further north and out into the sticks to do so if there is interest.

Just a lil side note though, the smaller the caravan, the easier it is to change up the route on the fly. But, anyone is welcome to come along. Even those with the daily drivers, I did at least one of these with a daily driver myself.

Chime in if interested.
L695speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:09 PM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Myself and a few other guys will be coming from the Hawthorne area (208/287) on motorcycles as none of our cars are truly road ready. Depending on what time people plan on leaving Id be interested in tailing you guys on some back roads.
Old 05-27-2015, 06:12 PM   #3
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar0ck View Post
Myself and a few other guys will be coming from the Hawthorne area (208/287) on motorcycles as none of our cars are truly road ready. Depending on what time people plan on leaving Id be interested in tailing you guys on some back roads.
Ok, I'll see what happens here. There are a few possible locations we could meet. One is to the west in Hackettstown, which is completely the other direction, we could also meet up towards route 23, and Glen Road if people are coming from there. There are plenty of roads, some of us could also get lost later on too. Not sure what people are doing later on, but some of the best in my opinion are further north and west of the Chatterbox. The only problem with my one idea to have fun, is the last time I was out there, one of the connection roads was completely potholed.

If I have guys interested from Morris and who are gonna be out towards Hackettstown, it would be nearly impossible to tail us unless you guys pass the Chatterbox and meet us down there. So far there may be one or two.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:40 PM   #4
zraffz

I'll be sure to swing by (L695Speed you've met me before a few years back). Unfortunately, I have sold all my toys to fund an upcoming business so I'll be showing up in a lifted Z71 Tahoe.
zraffz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 09:53 PM   #5
L695speed

We did meet, and it was totally random too LOL! I was dropping off a flywheel or picking one up, you were dropping off a motor if I recall. You even sold the 69?

I'll have the red GTA. Unless something changes. I'm waiting to see who else might be coming along for a cruise up, if not after, before we determine a spot to meet.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:14 AM   #6
L695speed

Right now, I have two trains of thought based on what has been said.

One, meet up at say (example can be changed) the A&P parking lot in Oak Ridge off Berkshire Valley Road. Guys with bikes coming down from the 208/287 area can head up Rt 23 and meet us there.

Two, meet up at the Lowe's parking lot in Hackettstown. We may have some people coming up from that direction or willing to meet up there.

Any thoughts? I think it would be close on travel time and fuel, obviously that would depend on if I change it up on the fly.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:32 AM   #7
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

I'm trying to figure out exactly what/who is coming with me. But Mike should be riding with me, probably going to meet at my dealer ship and I might be with a cobra I he decides to come.

What time was everyone planning on meeting ? hackettstown off 80 ?
MyFirstZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 08:49 AM   #8
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Meet at chatterbox is at 3

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:07 AM   #9
CGMSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by L695speed View Post
Right now, I have two trains of thought based on what has been said.

One, meet up at say (example can be changed) the A&P parking lot in Oak Ridge off Berkshire Valley Road. Guys with bikes coming down from the 208/287 area can head up Rt 23 and meet us there.

Two, meet up at the Lowe's parking lot in Hackettstown. We may have some people coming up from that direction or willing to meet up there.

Any thoughts? I think it would be close on travel time and fuel, obviously that would depend on if I change it up on the fly.
I'm game for anything that involves nice roads. I know Lowes in Htown but I'll find Berkshire Valley Road if that's the gameplan.
CGMSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2015, 09:36 AM   #10
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyFirstZ View Post
I'm trying to figure out exactly what/who is coming with me. But Mike should be riding with me, probably going to meet at my dealer ship and I might be with a cobra I he decides to come.

What time was everyone planning on meeting ? hackettstown off 80 ?
Personally, I prefer Hackettstown. We'd be meeting in town. If you want to meet up closer to where you guys are coming from, I'd go to Berkshire Valley Road. Sort of in the middle for us I think. You guys are coming from that direction anyway. Either way is good for me. If we're going to Hackettstown for a meet, I'd meet at the Lowes parking lot. Larry can't go so I'm not going to meet at his place.

I want to say if meet is at 3, we meet at wherever we want to meet at no later than 2, as we may be leaving or gone by then. Take us about 40 minutes or so depending on several factors, namely, how much I change it up, and two, how ambitious we feel in regards to our velocity.

Number of cars also affects how we go.

I'll probably be at whichever meet location, by 1:30.

Comes down to whichever location to meet up gets more votes really. LOL.

Last edited by L695speed; 05-28-2015 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #11
BonzoHansen
Admin.

we might meet up depending on timing.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 05-28-2015, 11:31 AM   #12
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

We can still meet up in hackettstown, I'm just going there first to pick up mike and regroup to where you guys are meeting
Old 05-28-2015, 11:58 AM   #13
L695speed

I'm getting the sense that Hackettstown Lowes is the preferred location. So I guess Hackettstown it is.

I'll be there around 1-1:30. I'll double check the drive time, but I think it should be close to what I initially said.

Confirmed, depending on how we run and how much I change it up, its gonna be 45 min to an hour. So yes, lets get together around 1-1:30, and we'll leave around 2.

Last edited by L695speed; 05-28-2015 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #14
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Is that the one by island?

Old 05-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #15
L695speed

Yeah Scott, Island is further out on 46 heading west.

Address to Lowes in Hackettstown is:

Lowe's Home Improvement, 217 Mountain Avenue, Hackettstown, NJ 07840

Meet at the back of the parking lot. I'll have the red GTA, unless someone decides to be nice at the last minute. lol.

We're looking to burn about 45 min to an hour of drive time, and lets call it a quarter tank of gas.
Old 05-28-2015, 12:41 PM   #16
CGMSS

Sounds good. I'll be cruising up Schooleys Mtn Rd right into town. Gray, audibly noticeable 5th Gen SS...still invited lol?
Old 05-28-2015, 01:06 PM   #17
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGMSS View Post
Sounds good. I'll be cruising up Schooleys Mtn Rd right into town. Gray, audibly noticeable 5th Gen SS...still invited lol?
I did say anyone can go, even dailys right? I did this twice with my daily driver, no one complained.
Old 05-28-2015, 03:28 PM   #18
MyFirstZ

Social Networks:

I'll let you guys know soon if I will be there. Still have to talk to the boss lady
Old 05-29-2015, 09:47 AM   #19
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

The Lowes is a bit out of the way for us coming up on bikes. If we were going up in cars I would have definitely met up there. Maybe next time!
Old 05-29-2015, 11:09 AM   #20
IROCZman15
10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

i totally wish i could do the cruise but wont be out of work until 3ish. it was fun last year though enjoy

IROCZman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 12:50 PM   #21
L695speed

Ok, well if its only 2 or 3 cars we'll still have some fun. I'll be at the parking lot a lil after 1. Afterall, I'm the one who started this. CGMSS, I'll meet at least you I guess, maybe Scott (Bonzo) if he makes it there. Any other stragglers who may want to join, just know we're probably gonna bail out of the Lowe's lot around 2.

If I have a couple cars vs a caravan, I'll change it up. Easier to keep up with fewer cars. There will be at least two of us.
Old 05-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #22
evildante

I will meet up with you there tomorrow but in my Honda
Old 05-29-2015, 03:47 PM   #23
L695speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by evildante View Post
I will meet up with you there tomorrow but in my Honda
I've done it with a Subaru Outback, a Ford Focus ST, and a few years ago now but, I also did with a Toyota MR2. LOL. We'll just leave the Honda behind. Bye bye. LOL. Nah, if you can keep up then by all means join us at the cruise up, or can just meet us at the Chatterbox. Its up to you Brian.

I'll try to keep it under triple digits so the Honda can keep up.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #24
CGMSS

Hey if that Hondas packin we might be in trouble. I'm bringin 2 lunches in case mine gets ate!
Old 05-29-2015, 05:23 PM   #25
BonzoHansen
Admin.

We wont make it in time, meet you at Chatterbox!

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey