Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech

Notices

Old 02-04-2012, 03:43 PM   #26
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I don't really buy into the whole torque thing. Maybe if you crank them down to 500 foot pounds but I think the studs are going to give first. I agree with the bad braking habits completely.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #27
BigAls87Z28

Biggest cause of "warped" rotors is over-torquing the wheels. Another problem is mating surface of the hub to the rotor. If it's not clean, it can cause problems. The other is material transfer due to excessive heat.
Cheap rotors tend to be effected by the first two because manufacturers take more and more metal out of the hat area, which in turn becomes weaker and more susceptible to over-torque of the wheels.

Buy good rotors, good set of pads, new hardware, you should be fine. If you want to upgrade, start with braided steel line to improve some pedal feel.
Old 03-06-2012, 05:01 PM   #28
elle

So i finally put the brakes and rotors on. I also installed the SLP line loc. I had a hard time grasping why the SLP kit had a 50 ft piece of wire they wanted to go to the solenoid? I cut it and went 4ft straight ahead. Works good and no more pulsating brakes.
elle is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Brake, Chassis and Suspension Tech