Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Welcome / Introduction

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:46 PM   #26
73fbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by rscamaro73 View Post
Howdy fella

I'm over here too

(sometimes)

I'm thinking I MIGHT wanna look into stepping down to a 2.5" exhaust kit rather than 3"...it'll give me a tad bit more clearance...more low end grunt...and maybe fit better if I get a pipes w/ Xpipe kit....maybe just do some adapters to my 3" mufflers .....then tail pipes out to the back.

Right now it ends at the back of the mufflers (no turn downs). Still scrapes and its as tight as I can get it to the floor.

BAND CLAMPS are my next BIG investment (that and some anti sieze on the pipes).

Hook it up !!!!! (post pix)
I think you would find some low end torque going to 2.5 exhaust, but not really enough clearance to be significant.The Pypes system has tons of clearance if you take the time during the install to set it up properly. Right now , my headers are the limiting factor as I would have to had "tweaked/forced" the exhuast to go higher than the header collectors.Very recommended kit
I definitely wouldn't keep 3" mufflers if you run 2.5" pipes as you will only flow as much as the smallest component(pipes in this case) could handle.

Right now my cars has a hideous stance with a saggy rear and nose bleed front but the exhaust still hasn't scrape...yet. Of course with the skinnies up front, I don't drive too radical on the street, except from a stop

If you can host pictures, or someone else can, I will try to get some this week from the side and hopefully on a lift.

Joe
Old 09-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #27
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Quote:
If you can host pictures, or someone else can, I will try to get some this week from the side and hopefully on a lift.
http://photobucket.com/?link=topmenu

Last edited by sweetbmxrider; 09-01-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Camaros, Firebirds and the People that own them > Welcome / Introduction