Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 01-25-2008, 08:22 PM   #1
heavy_chevy29

battery kill switch question

this winter im installing a battery kill switch on my car. i have the 2008 NHRA rule book and it says that it needs to be mounted on the rear of the vehicle. i know alot of people mount them through the tail light or tailight panel. i dont want to drill wholes in either one. can i mount it under the bumper or is that against the rules. its going to be the "push/pull" type, and i want to mount it right were my passenger side tail pipe would have come out. thanks alot
heavy_chevy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
racerz

I installed oneon my 94 camaro 2 yrs ago I put it through the tailight panel. Tech officials could give u a hard time about mounting it where u want to put yours because of ease 4 an official 2 shut off ur car in the event of a rollover. If u take x-tra time and care it actually looks pretty cool. Also don't forget to label "PUSH OFF" on the car. Sounds stupid but u wouldn't believe how many guys come up 2 me during a day at the track asking if I have a black marker 2 mark their switch. Well hope this helps and good luck.
racerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
heavy_chevy29

yeah i kinda figured that. thanks for the info.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:40 AM   #4
Injuneer

This setup passed NHRA tech at NMRA events, on an 8-second Camaro SS:

1994 Formula - 381ci / 300-shot N2O / TH400 / Gear Vendor OD / Strange 12-bolt 4.11 - 11.5@117 on straight motor
Injuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 08:34 AM   #5
radialtireking
8 Second Club

My push/pull style switch is mounted under my bumber. It's been there for 7 years and I've never had an issue in tech. I put it there because I didn't want to drill any holes in the car at the time and I could remove the handle on the street if I wanted. Only problem with it there is it gets bent when my car goes up on the bumper. This is the best pic I have at work.
Old 02-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
heavy_chevy29

to bad i didnt see this sooner. i already relocated it to the black part of the taillight. thanks anyway

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing