Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 10-25-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
coldkilla

First runs with the G8 at Atco

On Friday I took the G8 down to Atco and ran it for the first time. I made two passes with a 13.1 and then a 13.0 and that's the first time I've even been at the track in about 3 years so I know I can finesse that down into the 12's! I also had half a tank of gas and stock tires/tire pressure so hopefully messing with just those two factors and better driving can get me a 12.9. It's getting loose on the 1-2 shift so once I upgrade my rims I'll throw some drag radials on a pair of stock ones to eliminate that but other than some rear suspension pieces there isn't really anything left I can do to it. I'm not going to go inside the engine yet nor am I going to spray it so we'll see how low I can get for now! I definitely want to go back to Atco again before the season is over.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 08:37 PM   #2
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Not too shabby. What was your 60'? I will be heading to Atco for Pontiac Day on the 6th to make some final runs in my G8 for the season. I finally got the trans 3-4 shift lag issue resolved so hoping to improve on my time. Hoping to squeek a 12.7x or better next time out.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:12 PM   #3
coldkilla

I had a 2.086 best 60' time. What was your problem with the 3-4 shift? I haven't had any issues so far.

09 G8 GT: Vararam OTR ram air, American Racing long tube headers with x-pipe, Vector 93 ECM/TCM tune, Magnaflow axle backs, MSD ignition coils, Spohn rear trailing and toe link arms, poly differential and subframe bushings, 20 inch aftermarket Camaro rims, brake upgrades.
coldkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Blackbirdws6
Lord of the rings / 10 Second Club / Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldkilla View Post
I had a 2.086 best 60' time. What was your problem with the 3-4 shift? I haven't had any issues so far.
My 3-4 shift was really slow and not nearly as snappy as my other gear changes. The issue was resolved so I'm all set now. If I left it in third, I would run into the rev limiter before the traps. If I let it shift, it would be way too slow and effect ET/MPH. I tinker with things in HPTuners but its a littlle dicey to test the 3-4 on public roads lol.

Get that sixty down a touch and 12s will def been yours. My best 60 on the stock 19s is 1.96. Surprisingly, with just a tune and homemade intake, I ran 12.93 @ 109.

97 T/A Ram Air Convt
Forever dyno queen / 777rwhp 662 rwtq @ 17lbs / 10.2 @ 140

'24 Corvette Z06
17 Sierra 2500HD Dmax
81 Turbo TA

Last edited by Blackbirdws6; 10-26-2010 at 08:07 PM.
Blackbirdws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 11:33 AM   #5
89firebird

nice run you have to get it a little faster but thats always the case with anything lol
89firebird is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing