Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 08:02 AM   #51
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

well thanks for the advice everyone. i think im gonna put my pennies together and run with the setup COMP recommended, seems like it agrees with the masses. as long as im around the 400rwhp mark im happy, a little less is fine.

we will see where this takes me hopefully over the winter i can get everything in order and have a decent setup for the summer, maybe even OCMD .
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit
daily econobox and first car

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

1971 Camaro LS3/T56/9in, cam only and still carbed, RIP 2 10 bolts, 11.62@121

03 Blazer 2 door - salt sponge
redsoxsstink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:10 AM   #52
Kat
11 Second Club

And for the cheap, a holley stealth ram is what I'm using.. Granted it is ported also.

I know of a guy on TGO that is selling a mini ram for like 800 dollars. Which is a great deal.. I've been thinking about grabbing that and see how my car reacts to it. Then again, its more money that I could be putting towards a blower for the GTO.. Hrmm
Old 11-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #53
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat View Post
And for the cheap, a holley stealth ram is what I'm using.. Granted it is ported also.

I know of a guy on TGO that is selling a mini ram for like 800 dollars. Which is a great deal.. I've been thinking about grabbing that and see how my car reacts to it. Then again, its more money that I could be putting towards a blower for the GTO.. Hrmm
i can get a pretty good deal on a holley stealth ram which is what i plan i snatching eventually if there are no cheap mini rams around.
2002 Camaro Sunset Orange Mettalic, V6, 5spd, bilstein HD shocks and struts, eibach pro lowering kit, eibach f/r sway bars, lakewood PHB, UMI 2 point subframe connectors, energy suspensions poly master bushing kit

1986 IROC-Z, T56, MGW shifter, Heads, Cam, Holley Stealth Ram 350, t-top, tubular LCA with relo brackets, adjustable PHB, belltech sway bars, ground control weight jacks, SLP mid length headers, 3in w/borla XR1, RIP 3 10 bolts, 12.7 @ 109 so far.. atleast its faster than stock SOLD

Old 11-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #54
greenformula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
i can get a pretty good deal on a holley stealth ram which is what i plan i snatching eventually if there are no cheap mini rams around.
A HSR will work just fine for that comp setup. When you get it I would port match throughout to get the most out of it. Its a good manifold. You will retain some tq and gain some HP. The only draw back could be hood clearance. But I can't remember if that's only with the firebird or camaro. I know its one or the other.

2018 Silverado 1500

Last edited by greenformula92; 11-03-2013 at 05:33 PM.
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #55
redsoxsstink

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenformula92 View Post
A HSR will work just fine for that comp setup. When you get it I would port match throughout to get the most out of it. Its a good manifold. You will retain some tq and gain some HP. The only draw back could be hood clearance. But I can't remember if that's only with the firebird or camaro. I know its one or the other.
the camaro will clear fine, the firebirds had to trim a bit of the hood bracing.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:50 PM   #56
greenformula92

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsoxsstink View Post
the camaro will clear fine, the firebirds had to trim a bit of the hood bracing.
I knew it was one of them. Nothing a cowl or ram air hood can't fix

2018 Silverado 1500
greenformula92 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning