Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 12-10-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
V
Stalker

...to finish the bronco or not.... ?

well I have a 95 eddie bauer edition fullsize Bronco, i bough it about a year and a half ago. It had a major engine fire and burnt all the way up to the steering column. Now i cant decide if i should finish it, sell it as is, or strip it and sell the parts.

Last February I finally got to work on it and I removed all the damaged parts and pulled the motor and trans. I repainted the firewall inmside and out with POR-15, instaleld a new windsheild, installed a new dash, and heater box. Since then I have bought all new front end sheetmetal, grille, and headlights. I also bought the stronger C6 automatic 3 speed transmission, and a 351W motor with 8k miles on a rebuild. I have 6" lift rear springs and a 8" skyjacker front end lift kit. I rewired the truck with a custom hotrod wiring harness/fuse blcok so i wont have to worry about another fire(ford has a recall out for it finally).

All i need to do is drop in the drivetrain, wire up the motor, and install the front body parts. To finish the motor i need just to get a distributor, timing cover, exhaust, and shocks. So its almost complete but I just dont know if i want the truck anymore. A modified bronco will only get like 3-4k and right now i have about 2500 into it and the parts needed will run me about another 1k. So if i sell it when its done, ill just break even or id just keep it, but i dont need another vehicle that much, but id like a huge lifted 4x4. I'll probably keep it and finish it but i needed to vent. lol. On top of this project, I need to do a motor swap in a 95 camaro, major suspension repair on a 94 z28, strip a 94 v6 camaro, and finish the dahm exhaust on my monte hopefully all by christmas. i guess i love stress....

oh and one last note.... check out my ebay store. I'm adding parts every few days.. WWW.stores.ebay.com/camaro-firebird-garage

Last edited by V; 12-10-2005 at 08:37 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:01 AM   #2
maroman88
12 Second Club

finish it! that **** will be pimp
97 Trans Am WS6
98 Blazer ZR2
00 Corvette
04 CTS-V
07 Sublime Charger Daytona
10 Tahoe SSV
12 Tahoe LT
17 Malibu LT
maroman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 01:22 AM   #3
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

finish it, then if you decide it's just sittign there doing nothing maybe a local can rent it cuz his cmaro sucks int eh snow hahahah

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2005, 09:35 AM   #4
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Pic's?

Maybe finish it
Old 12-11-2005, 02:17 PM   #5
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

it really sounds like you are only a few solid days of working on it away from being done and you know you can get a lot more money for a running vehicle than a half done project.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey