Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey

Notices

Old 11-09-2004, 07:39 PM   #26
mikeitup28

Well. T/A Chick this is what I would consider: Get your parents to get you whats called a "Spin Off Policy" this allows you to seperate yourself from your parents policy while being 17.

On a much more expensive note. Im gettin' owned.
Im 18 with 0 pts on my license and I pay $6700! LoL!
Thats what a 18 year old driving a 2001 Camaro SS gets... however its worth every penny when I wake up and see it in the garage.....
2001 Camaro SS #2495
6 Spd Tops Leather
SLP Lid, K&N Filter, SLP Smooth Bellows, Cold Air Induction, SLP Loudmouth Cat-Back, 18 Z06 Chrome rims.
mikeitup28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:40 PM   #27
84HOtransam
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Chick
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84HOtransam
as of today i pay 1320 a year for insurence...just liability...

after dec 19th im not sure if i will ever have insurence again...

im going to court for my 4 tickets/9 points... yes BY FAR that was the most expensive burnout ive ever done...
^^^ LMAO

haha neway. how cud u not have insurence..? i thought u always had to have liability.. jersey sux like that.

Lexi
if i dont get down below 5 points ill be dropped from my parents insurence and i wont be able to afford my own policy...
84HOtransam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 07:44 PM   #28
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeitup28
Well. T/A Chick this is what I would consider: Get your parents to get you whats called a "Spin Off Policy" this allows you to seperate yourself from your parents policy while being 17.

On a much more expensive note. Im gettin' owned.
Im 18 with 0 pts on my license and I pay $6700! LoL!
Thats what a 18 year old driving a 2001 Camaro SS gets... however its worth every penny when I wake up and see it in the garage.....
well usually id say great idea. cept theres one problem... im not on my parents insurance. they have an uninsured drivers clause for sumthin like that where i can drive but im not actually on their policy. i cant exactly 'spin off' if i was never on..

Lexi

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:36 PM   #29
V
Stalker

84hotransam.. with that burnout you just mentioned.. was it on a public roadway or in a parking lot of some sort. if it wasnt on the road, as far as i know, you should not be able to recieve any points, just a fine, but if it was on the road then that wont help you, anyway, check into that.

insurance can be a pain in the ass but what can we do, until NJ regulates the business, we have to take it, or we can move away, lol
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 11:32 PM   #30
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I blame it on Greedy McGreavy & that other lady. Their the ones that Ok'd the system were on currently. The way it is is that the State sets a sertain guide-line for all the companies to abide by, but the companies are allowed to go to town on the rest, as long as they abide by the standard.

Its really a big scam.
Old 11-10-2004, 02:00 AM   #31
84HOtransam
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
84hotransam.. with that burnout you just mentioned.. was it on a public roadway or in a parking lot of some sort. if it wasnt on the road, as far as i know, you should not be able to recieve any points, just a fine, but if it was on the road then that wont help you, anyway, check into that.

insurance can be a pain in the ass but what can we do, until NJ regulates the business, we have to take it, or we can move away, lol
unfortunatly i was just out of luck that night.. it was on a public road and the cop was on a side street watching...i also got the absolute worst cop in town...he followed me after i left...(i didnt see him at first)...he wrote me tickets for not stopping at a stop sign and not using my blinker to turn...he followed me with no lights on for a few blocks...then just threw on his roof lights...no headlights (it was at night)...i was pulled over for about 3 hours...he gave me a seat belt, no blinker, faliure to stop at a stop sign, and wreckless for the burnout... my friend works for the police station and he said the cop wont budge...i also got a lawyer to talk to his superior and it didnt work..i also gave the cop a PBA card from my cousin (passaic county sherif) and even that didnt help....

the cop swears i was trying to run and is mad that he didnt use his lights to follow me... so he wont let anything drop....he doesnt realize if he put his lights on i would have just stopped..i had no idea he was there..
Old 11-10-2004, 11:44 AM   #32
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84HOtransam

if i dont get down below 5 points ill be dropped from my parents insurence and i wont be able to afford my own policy...
So then basically u cant drive... wow... that realllllli sux. i hate all this crap. y cant life b simple. ppl r greedy.

Lexi

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-10-2004, 11:46 AM   #33
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS

Moving sounds good. for more then just the insurence reason! ne ideas where insurance isnt as outragous as jersey!? lol j/k j/k

Jersey Sux!
Lexi

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-10-2004, 12:01 PM   #34
Untamed

Simple liability, in a state where nearly a quarter of the drivers on the road aren't insured, won't help you. While a cost-cutting option of simple liability so you can drive a sports car seems like a good idea, all the woulda, shoulda, coulda's after your first accident won't help you. God help you if that involves an injury (yours or the other driver). While your personal health insurance (if you have any) may help pay for some of the hospital bill, it wont help the other person who will sue you for everything you and your parents are worth.

Do yourself a favor - park that beautiful blue Trans Am for a few years and enjoy the bus, bicycle, or some clunker for a bit until you have a steady job and can pay for your car. That will be REALLY tough to do, however it truly is the right thing to do. While you may not have an accident anytime soon, that one incident that screws the rest of your life, will make you wish you had held off for a bit.

Wisdom is defined as the ability to learn from your experiences and others, and apply those lessons to your own life. I'm not the wisest person in the world, however I can truly say I've been there, and done that.

- Dave
Untamed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 12:05 PM   #35
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed
Simple liability, in a state where nearly a quarter of the drivers on the road aren't insured, won't help you. While a cost-cutting option of simple liability so you can drive a sports car seems like a good idea, all the woulda, shoulda, coulda's after your first accident won't help you. God help you if that involves an injury (yours or the other driver). While your personal health insurance (if you have any) may help pay for some of the hospital bill, it wont help the other person who will sue you for everything you and your parents are worth.

Do yourself a favor - park that beautiful blue Trans Am for a few years and enjoy the bus, bicycle, or some clunker for a bit until you have a steady job and can pay for your car. That will be REALLY tough to do, however it truly is the right thing to do. While you may not have an accident anytime soon, that one incident that screws the rest of your life, will make you wish you had held off for a bit.

Wisdom is defined as the ability to learn from your experiences and others, and apply those lessons to your own life. I'm not the wisest person in the world, however I can truly say I've been there, and done that.

- Dave
I wish i could do that but my mom just got a new job nd she'll be traveling every 2 weeks. with one less driver in the house. they need me to drive. to take care of myself nd my lil brother. they shud help but they wont...

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 11-10-2004, 02:21 PM   #36
Fozzi58

84hotransam - if The cop didn't have his lights on when he was following you or, ESPECIALLY when he was watching you, - that's entrapment. My sister's a cop...I asked her. If your lawyer has half a brain, he'll get you off of some of the fines, or have them dropped to no point violations - better to pay $1000 in fines than get points and have $400 or more PER YEAR on the insurance. I'm 31 and my teenage driving points/accidents are still hanging around, giving me a bad rep with every insurance co I talk to. That **** never goes away.

As for the cop being a dick, there's nothing you can do. Some cops have hard-ons for busting people and they wouldn't change their mind even if Christ came off the cross and begged them.

My sister said the cop is being a dick - the average cop will work with someone, especially a kid, cause they know insurance in NJ sucks big ass. The tickets are mostly to teach lessons and instill fear so you wont be stupid again. But for the mostart the police are willing to drop the charges to something lesser. Then again, if you were doing donuts in the middle of Rt 17, thats another story. But a dead street at night, no one could have been harmed but yourself? probably nbot a big deal and the cop could be somewhat forgiving. Good luck, I feel your pain.
Kooks stainless stepped headers, Off-Road Y, Cat Delete; Borla adjustable; MTI air-lid; LSX 90mm intake and TB; TA rear girdle and 3.73's, SFCs; BMR STB; PowerSlots w/ Hawk Pads & braided lines, chrome, embroidery, mirrors, vinyl, lights, Oem Replica Z06's on F:275/35/18; R:285/35/18's, and other aesthetics.

New Project: 89 Formula 350, T's, A4 - Rust & neglect mods by previous owner.
DD: 08 Avy. Best car I ever owned.
Fozzi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 06:22 PM   #37
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamed
that one incident that screws the rest of your life, will make you wish you had held off for a bit.

- Dave
sniff...3 grand + 1/2 year of insurance down the drain...along with my parents trust...why didnt u make that quote in april???
Old 11-10-2004, 06:41 PM   #38
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
$960?!?!?!
$1900?!?!?!
CALL THE COPS! I'M BEING RAPED! ($2550 a year, no pts)
sweet jesus, i got a problem too: $3800/yr with basic, no pts, one accident over two years ago =\
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 08:17 PM   #39
84HOtransam
13 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzi58
84hotransam - if The cop didn't have his lights on when he was following you or, ESPECIALLY when he was watching you, - that's entrapment. My sister's a cop...I asked her. If your lawyer has half a brain, he'll get you off of some of the fines, or have them dropped to no point violations - better to pay $1000 in fines than get points and have $400 or more PER YEAR on the insurance. I'm 31 and my teenage driving points/accidents are still hanging around, giving me a bad rep with every insurance co I talk to. That **** never goes away.

As for the cop being a dick, there's nothing you can do. Some cops have hard-ons for busting people and they wouldn't change their mind even if Christ came off the cross and begged them.

My sister said the cop is being a dick - the average cop will work with someone, especially a kid, cause they know insurance in NJ sucks big ass. The tickets are mostly to teach lessons and instill fear so you wont be stupid again. But for the mostart the police are willing to drop the charges to something lesser. Then again, if you were doing donuts in the middle of Rt 17, thats another story. But a dead street at night, no one could have been harmed but yourself? probably nbot a big deal and the cop could be somewhat forgiving. Good luck, I feel your pain.

it was on an empty road in my town around 10-10:30....on one side of the road is a quick check/strip mall thing and on the other side is woods and a quarry...my friends were in the quick check hanging out and i was showing off before went home for the night...the first thing i did was apoloigize for being a stupid teenager and showing off for my friends...that was the first ticket ive ever gotten..and it was over a year after me first getting my license...

my lawyer said it would be hard for me to get the court to believe me that the cop didnt use his lights...i said i can pull 5 of my friends who were there and saw the cop come flying out of the side street with no lights on...

when i first spoke to the lawyer he told me 2 points and high fines...i said id rather buy my way out of the ticket..so at least i can drive again..

when we went to court the first time the proscuter called the cop and he said the best they will do is 5 points and fines..

oh and the burnout was maybe 5-7 seconds long...simple power brake then ripped into 2nd gear...top speed maybe 35...

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Regional Forums > North Jersey