Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-01-2020, 07:08 PM   #1
V
Stalker

Red face I joined the intex pool craze...

With 2 young boys, a wife working from home and no time or place to really go this summer, I decided to get one of those blue bubble type temporary pools, also called "storable pools". I guess I was late to the party because all the main retailers were sold out. So I headed to ebay and paid more then its probably worth but here I am, standing outside with the rain starting, watching this blue puddle of supposed fun grow up from the ground. I cant forget the fun included in leveling a spot in my sloped backyard, running electrical for a nearby gfci outlet, and then using harbor freight anti-fatigue mats to make a comfy foundation for this thing. Oh the joys of suburban fatherhood. On top of everything, with a mixup I'd rather not get into, I have a 2nd, identical intex pool arriving tomorrow. So that will be getting resold to some other sucker, uh, I mean good thoughtful parent.

Last edited by V; 07-01-2020 at 07:09 PM.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:14 PM   #2
Anti_Rice_Guy
The Mayor / 2009 Member of the Year / Moderator

Social Networks:

Kind of disappointed given your history that it isn't fashioned out of spare car parts.
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Is English your 2nd language? Did you graduate high school? Your posts make my head hurt.
Team FARM
Anti_Rice_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:35 PM   #3
BonzoHansen
Admin.

I'm just shocked how the intex and such pools this year have like doubled or more in price from previous years.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 06:09 AM   #4
ThoR294
^^^Lover of bad cars^^^ Meet Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
I'm just shocked how the intex and such pools this year have like doubled or more in price from previous years.
how is it shocking? lol everyone was/is stuck at home and wants a pool now, makes sense to me
2003 Toyota Matrix XRS M6 - Lol
ThoR294 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
KevinW

Having an in-ground pool is no picnic either! A $50K hole in the ground (but I have to have it for resale since almost EVERY HOUSE has one). But the family does enjoy it and we have gotten more use from it this season so far.

Last edited by KevinW; 07-02-2020 at 08:54 AM.
KevinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 11:56 AM   #6
V
Stalker

My mother's inground pool is getting a full renovation starting by the end of the month. At least next year well be able to go there.

Based on ebay and Amazon prices, the pool I have is now going for 300-500 bucks. And even then some are a few weeks out for delivery. I'll be selling the extra one for around that if I can get it especially since I can ship right away or have someone pick it up, maybe even before this weekend. I'm gonna advertise it starting tonight.

And maybe tonight I'll hop in my blue bubble and see how I like it.

Last edited by V; 07-02-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 07-02-2020, 01:00 PM   #7
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoR294 View Post
how is it shocking? lol everyone was/is stuck at home and wants a pool now, makes sense to me
i think its a matter of the supply got shutoff. We have one of the steel frame ones, usually its around $700 new, and i almost grabbed a new one end of last season for 40% off. Now I wish I had, if you can find it is nearly $2000. And that was in April. Even parts have been scarce.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
BonzoHansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 06:49 PM   #8
V
Stalker

Sold my extra pool. 300 cash, just picked up.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge