Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-02-2004, 01:59 PM   #1
jims69camaro

legal question

how legal would it be to buy a car, dress it up like a ricer, then sell tickets to people to hit it with a sledgehammer? i was just thinking back to '78 or '79 when i went to a carnival in TX and they had something similar (except it was a cop car - no animosity there, huh?). of course, when it is all over the car would have to go to a scrap yard, so there's that to consider, as well. having the title to the car would have to be a priority.

while times have changed quite a bit (would have to have people sign a waiver and still the insurance might make it prohibitive) i think there are enough american car owners out there that are simply fed up with the ricers and would pay $5 to hit the car twice with a sledge - and i am sure it would be a big hit at a Super Chevy show. you could also have a louisville slugger there for those that prefer wood to 10 lbs of steel.

just wondering if it's even worth considering. what a great way to rid the world of a ricer and raise money for the site (or any cause, really)...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:10 PM   #2
Squirrel
13 Second Club

i dont see anything illegal with it whatsoever, youre allowing people to hit your car and make them sign papers saying youre no way in liability for what they do....would be fun to watch for sure
93 TA, Bone stock, 13.8 @ 100 "Beating ****** drivers in ****** LS1's"
https://www.facebook.com/groups/285090241699967/
R.I.P. Tia
Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
formula4speed

I posted this as a fundraising idea back on the old site a million years ago, everyone seemed to like it but someone would have to buy the car first.
Old 12-02-2004, 04:15 PM   #4
JPiZZiJP

If the car's being transported on a flatbed, you may not even need an insurance policy on it... just a title. And obviously, if you're going to allow people to beat the crap out of it, you'd know that it wouldn't be road-worthy afterwards... so, it'd be taken away on the flatbed as well, directly to a scrap yard... right?

Some more research might be worthwhile looking in to... I would love to beat the hell out of a ricer for $5 or $10.

To add onto the whole fundraising idea, how bout auctioning off spots to beat up a ricer? First spot would get first dibs... and breaking the most obvious stuff, like windows and lights (i think glass items are most fun) would probably go the higher bidders that go first. Something along those lines... anyone following me?

~Joe
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:52 PM   #5
j0n

dude im all for it...but for 2 swings im not payin 10 bucks
Old 12-02-2004, 05:22 PM   #6
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Their should be nothing illegal with it, but more of an insurance problem.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #7
69BirdX
12 Second Club

i acctuly wanted to do this at car show or drag racign a even...............the only legal problem i can think of is if someone gets hurt....which you could put signs to do it at your own risk or get a legal sheet to sign saying your soing it at your own risk
________
Ladder day saints - mormonism dicussion

Last edited by 69BirdX; 04-02-2011 at 11:33 PM.
69BirdX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 07:14 PM   #8
kamikaz

Don't the Harley guys do that at daytona or sturges with a rice rocket?

Later,

Santos
K&N intake,58mm TB,Flowmaster Exhaust,Custom shift kit,3000 stall Vigilante converter,4-inch VFN cowl hood,combat style wing,17 inch ROH wheels and a load of parts that i don\'t know what to do with yet.
http://members.cardomain.com/kamikaz28
previous car http://www.mycar.net/mafb/registry/detail.cfm?id=46
kamikaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:35 PM   #9
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaz
Don't the Harley guys do that at daytona or sturges with a rice rocket?

Later,

Santos
they do far worse to the guy they find on the bike...

well, i guess the first thing (which is where our world has brought us) is to check on insurance. it'd have to be in the perfect venue (lots of american car guys) so that you'd at least be able to make some money after paying for the insurance (against anyone getting hurt, not for it to drive on the road). yes, it would arrive and depart on a flatbed or similar transport.

while it would be fun smashing it to smithereens, i'm thinking how much fun it's going to be to dress it up and paint the 'vinyls' on it - you can basically make it say anything you want (as long as it's not vulgar or one of the seven words you can't say on TV).

so, how much would you pay? $1 a swing? the car would be gone by the time it got to the twentieth person. assume people will want more after they take a swing or two (and the bloodthirst grabs them by the adrenal glands). and, of course, this would be a fundraiser. so the point would be to make money, not make it easy for the cheapskates to step up to the plate. how much does it cost to hit the bell with that huge hammer? $5 the last time i checked. most guys take at least two swings on it, something to do with pride at not being able to ring the bell the first time.

auctioning off body parts is not a bad idea, but i think first come, first served is a better idea. there are more things to hit off a ricer-mobile other than the glass... besides, as a guy, wouldn't it feel better to rip a fender off than punch out some glass?

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2004, 10:14 AM   #10
SpeakersGoBoom

SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge