Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-11-2004, 12:42 AM   #26
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
I'm too scientific . I believe the mind can imagine some crazy stuff if you're setting yourself up to be scared. Like saying "I'm not going to be scared." You're brain focuses on scared and insticnt kicks in and you enter fight or flight.
Believe in ghosts, no, spirits, yes. Spirits that can touch matter (real things), no.
Don't get the feeling that I'm trying to belittle anybody because I'm not. I just have always found scientific reasoning to prove things thought to be ghosts. It's kind of like the UFO thing, don't believe it and never will until I see it AND touch it. We as humans can scare the crap out of ourselves, horror movies haven't helped any .
When Justin, Tim and myself went to Clinton Road in North Jersey at nite (snowing). I'd lie if I told you I wasn't a little freaked out. I did reason myself into calm pretty quickly and I wish my cell phone camera had a flash so I could pose next to one of those speed limit signs . Oh well.
Last time I went down Clinton Rd. with Justin, Tim, and Kare. I spent the duration of the trip down the road with Tim yelling out the window for spirits to possess me (thanks Tim).
Oddly the scariest part of the trip was Karen driving over a median and running through a red light and not even knowing it. Needless to say, ghosts were the least of my worries.
LOL, yeah, well Tim was driving the cavi into the ground... literally. So yeah, ghosts were taking a back seat to my fear of flying off the road. When Tim says, "oh, didn't expect that" you double check your seat belt .
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 12:56 AM   #27
skorpion317

Most of the stories about Clinton Road aren't true. However, one of the stories IS true. No, it's not the story about the KKK or the black truck, or the little boy who throws quarters back to you. It's about the Iceman.

The Iceman was a Gambino family hitman. His real name was Richard Kuklinski. He would often poison his victims with cyanide, and then freeze the bodies to keep them from decomposing too quickly and letting the coroner know the time of death (hence the name Iceman).

One of his victims was Danny Deppner. In May of 1983, a man was bicycling along Clinton Road. He saw a large buzzard just off the road pecking at something. The man stopped to look, and saw a large shape wrapped up in green garbage bags. An arm and a man's face stuck out from a tear in the bag. The bicyclist called the cops, and the subsequent investigation cracked the case against Kuklinski. He was finally convicted in 1998, and is now serving a life term, with the possibility of parole at age 111.

one more interesting story about clinton road.....

A girl was driving her brand new 1988 blue Camaro on Clinton Road. She was going too fast, and when she reached Dead Man's Curve, she plowed into the guardrail and died. Supposedly, when you tell this story to your friends as you drive along the road, the very next car that passes you will be a 1988 blue Camaro.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 01:02 AM   #28
BlueFBird

i think you can get yourself into alot of trouble messing with spirits.
Old 12-11-2004, 02:19 AM   #29
skorpion317

I believe my room is haunted. It is always cold, even in the summer. I occaisionally hear strange noises, which i just chalk up to the house creaking. I have, however, experienced an apparition of sorts. I was like 14 years old. It was about 8 in the morning on a Saturday, and I woke up sensing that someone else was in the room. I cracked my eye open, and saw a silouhette standing in the doorway. It was strange, because it was sunny outside and all I could see was a silhouette. I quickly shut my eye, hoping it would go away. I sensed that whatever it was had moved closer. I cracked my eye open again, and now the silhouette was near my bed. This freaked me out even more and i shut my eye again. My heart was pounding, adrenaline rushing. I barely breathed, trying hard to look asleep. I stayed that way for an hour. When I opened my eyes again, the silhouette was gone. I don't know if I've ever been so scared.

I think that the ghost is my aunt. She died of liver cancer in 1995, in my sister's room (which is next to mine). I think my aunt's spirit migrated to my room, for whatever reason. It's very strange to witness these things though. I haven't seen another apparition again, but the noises and the coldness continue.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2004, 08:23 AM   #30
superblonde

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by superblonde
Quote:
I'm too scientific . I believe the mind can imagine some crazy stuff if you're setting yourself up to be scared. Like saying "I'm not going to be scared." You're brain focuses on scared and insticnt kicks in and you enter fight or flight.
Believe in ghosts, no, spirits, yes. Spirits that can touch matter (real things), no.
Don't get the feeling that I'm trying to belittle anybody because I'm not. I just have always found scientific reasoning to prove things thought to be ghosts. It's kind of like the UFO thing, don't believe it and never will until I see it AND touch it. We as humans can scare the crap out of ourselves, horror movies haven't helped any .
When Justin, Tim and myself went to Clinton Road in North Jersey at nite (snowing). I'd lie if I told you I wasn't a little freaked out. I did reason myself into calm pretty quickly and I wish my cell phone camera had a flash so I could pose next to one of those speed limit signs . Oh well.
Last time I went down Clinton Rd. with Justin, Tim, and Kare. I spent the duration of the trip down the road with Tim yelling out the window for spirits to possess me (thanks Tim).
Oddly the scariest part of the trip was Karen driving over a median and running through a red light and not even knowing it. Needless to say, ghosts were the least of my worries.
LOL, yeah, well Tim was driving the cavi into the ground... literally. So yeah, ghosts were taking a back seat to my fear of flying off the road. When Tim says, "oh, didn't expect that" you double check your seat belt .
yea you definitely do want to double check when Tim announces that...
superblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 02:44 PM   #31
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0n
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
I do believe, besides Ive actually encountered two spirits that I didnt know were ghosts until about 15 mins after it happened and i asked someone about it...Its a long story and if you wanna hear it lemme know....but my real question is....what actually happens on clinton road, I mean I know the stories and stuff, but are they true? Has anyone actually had something happen to them there?
i wanna know! maybe u can introduce me 2 some spirits i would like to meet em
LOL...Ill tell you next time i see you, and I can take you there but nothing has happened since in those spots. I have talked to other people who saw the same exact thing as I did at separate times and they didnt know of my ordeal!
Old 12-12-2004, 05:10 PM   #32
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

tell the story

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 06:09 PM   #33
bad64chevelle

OK, well here goes this may be a little long so bear with it.
First time: Me and my girlfriend were cruisin along these creepy back woods roads one night just for the hell of it, and the further we got into these woods the scarier it got. As I am driving I look about 500 feet ahead near a light pole and see something weird next to it (i was too far away and it just looked a blueish /gray color) As we got closer, I kept on watching it and all of a sudden about 50 feet away now it looked like a person, and "it" almost seemed startled as I drove close and all of a sudden it jumped and (the best way I can describe it) went over my Jeep like a cloud and disappeared...At first I thought my eyes were just messin with me, but all of a sudden my girlfriend looked at me with the most terrified look on her face and without a word just sat there in shock. I didnt believe it it was winter and i thought maybe there was a sewer grate there or something that was putting steam off. I drove back to the exact spot and there was nothing there...no source of steam or fog or anything! Oh and not to mention that when it went over the car the steering wheel pulled (like a strong crosswind was hitting me) and at the second it passed over it stopped!

Second time: I was going out to my buddies house late one night to let his dogs out since he and his family were on vacation. It was pretty late like 1 AM and i was tired, but not at the point where I was gonna fall asleep any time soon. He lives out near an old farm (which is right across his street) . As i was coming about 1/4 mile from his house i saw a lady pulling a kid across the street, like a mother would if she wanted to get across the street quickly and the child could not walk so fast. I slowed down to almost a complete stop (a 25 MPH zone) and the woman looked at me, but i thought it was sort of weird in how she looked, but i thought it may have been my headlights and the combo that it was a windy night and alot of dust was blowing around from the construction goin on. They went across the street (Up the driveway to the old abandoned farm house) I didnt know anything about it except that it was abandoned. As i got to the driveway i looked up it to see if i could still see the mother and kid, but they were gone. I thought i sort of odd, but never thought twice. It was not until the next day when my buddy got home and i was asking his mother about who was living in the old farm house, she said NO one its all roped off and its now county property. I said well i saw a woman and a child to cross the road and i described the way they looked (down to the "T" as I remembered them) and their approximate ages, and his mom sat there in shock. The people who used to live there, the guy was a fricken Psycho he killed his wife and child, and I described the woman and child exacltly. The two used to cross the street all the time to go to the neighbors house which is exactly where i saw them crossing....

Go ahead and say what ya want, but those are my two EYE witnesses and I can assure you that both times I was not intoxicated nor anything...I was completely normal...
Old 12-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #34
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

My friends and I went out to clinton road one night. Nothing really spooky happened, but I really had to pee and my friends didnt want to pull over to let me go. Tey finally did and while I was going, a really big black dodge pickup drove past. Everyone started getting all freaked out! Nothing happened though. But we did scare the **** out of some other kids that were there. they were parked at dead mans curve and they were all out of their car. I saw them up there and I told anthony to gun it towards them and try to scare them. The lookson their faces was priceless! they looked like they were gonna **** their pants! Then we left and went to a diner and got something to eat. the end.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2004, 07:26 PM   #35
j0n

jon thats some freaky **** dude...i wanna experience **** like that
Old 12-12-2004, 07:38 PM   #36
bad64chevelle

Yeah it was pretty freaky. I told you of the construction they are doing there well now they sold the property to a developer and there are houses all back there, they knocked the barn and house down and built houses on top of them. I have heard that people back there are seeing all sorts of stuff now in the houses that were built ontop of the farmhouse and the barn, however i cannot verify that 100%. I have had one kid tell me about seeing a similar thing near the same spot i did, and describe the woman and kid to me, and he saw the same things I did. He never knew I had seen it, and when i told him and explained some other things he almost crapped himself. The worst things about them building the houses over there was I lost my spot to go riding the quads, and the guy had a "Chop Shop" goin on back there in the barn...he had a crap load of 283's a few 327's 350's, some Turbo 350's and 400's, PG's and the worst of all three pontiac 389's. One was three deuce, the other two were single quadrajet. Not to mention three K5 Blazers, a bronco, and two F350's sittin there in almost BRAND NEW condition. We got a 283 outta there then got chased by the cops. Real fun one kid had a trailer on his quad with a 283 in it flyin through a field. While fleeing i saw a pile of Rear ends in one over hang. I stopped like a moron to find they were mostly all 12 bolt rears, and one date coded a 64 that i wanted for my chevelle. I quickly got the hell outta there before we got caught though. By the time we went back EVERYTHING and i mean EVERYTHING was gone Â*
Old 12-13-2004, 10:22 AM   #37
SpeakersGoBoom

I've had encounters with the ghost in the NJFBOA chat. Some other have too. lol
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM   #38
Slow Z
11 Second Club

My dad's house is kinda creepy. My sister (whos 30, and owns the house now) has always told this story about how when she was about 8-10 years old that almost every night she'd see a man walk up and down the hallway for hours. She said he'd walk with a limp and sometimes he'd stop and peak into her room. Heres where the story gets a little weird... She claims the man wore a cowboy hat, had a long beard, and had sun glasses on (kinda silly, right? maybe the guy liked ZZ-Top). Well, the street she lives on has about 4 houses all built by the same man (the street is even named after his daughter) and he lived in our house. He also died in our house.

After years and years of us cracking on her for being nutty, she actually began trying to find info about the guy who built the house. If she gets ahold of a family member and finds a picture of this guy and he looks like she says, I'll be pretty damn freaked out. Until then its just a silly story that gets my sister all freaked out.

hahaha just as I'm writing this, thinking about her weird story, I'm sitting in a dead-quiet dark room and the damn cat pushes the door open and it creeks real loud, making me jump like a little bitch.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge