Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:35 PM   #26
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
hey gang,

as those of you who attended yesterday heard and everyone that followed the meet ideas poll in the lounge, we are planning to make some adjustments to the monthly meet system for 2008.
some of the changes are very simple, like the change in batting order to go Central, North, then South next year. just switching North and South in the order solves a few scheduling issues.

as of now the plan looks like this:

January - Saturday, January 19th. New Year Kick Off Meet!!! Details coming soon

February - North, TBA. Suggestions?

March - South, Most likely a trip to the Texas Roadhouse again. Good spot and good food, why mess with it when the weather is going to be hit or miss anyway.

April - Central, TBA. May be a good chance to the Cruizin' to the Movies idea. Early in the season and weather starting to get warmer could really draw a crowd. We are looking at this as a charity benefit event and it will be open to anyone who cares to attend.

May - North, 3rd Annual NJFBOA Dyno Day!!! Yes, back to TTP for another day of horsepower and good eats courtesy of the TTP crew. For those who haven't gone before, TTPMom and TTPGrandma put out a killer spread of eats while TTPMatt and the shop crew give us the numbers we all like to brag about.

June - South, Cape May(cause you can't get further south than that. lol) A trip to the light house and whatever else we can come up with. Planning has already started

July - Central, BBQ & Blood!!! For July the NJFBOA will be hooking up with the Community Blood Council of New Jersey to add a blood drive to our annual BBQ festivous. Details and date will be worked out in the next few months.

August - North, 2008 East Coast F-Body Nationals!!!!! We aren't going to bother trying to draw everyone to two events in one month. This is one of the major reasons for the change in the meet order. Everyone head north for the NJFBOA's 4th anniversary celebration. More announcements will be coming soon related to the 2008 East Coast Nats. Adjustments in the Car Show and Racing Rules as well as some new activities are being worked on to make this an entire weekend you won't want to miss.

September - South, TBA. We are looking for suggestions for September. This could be a good opportunity for the track rental idea if people don't mind taking a day off from work to attend. Any other suggestions?

October - Central, TBA. Sounds like a good time for some sort of season wrap up meet or maybe a costume party of some sort. Who knows? Suggestions?

November - North, TBA. Suggestions?

December - South, TBA. New Years Eve Party?

thanks again for all the great suggestions. as you can see there are still more opportunities for more ideas. if you have an idea to fill in one of the "TBA" holes, please let us know.

-Thanks
What will the COST be for the DYNO TIME at the TTPerformance Day in May?

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph
Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 PM   #27
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

not sure yet. we will have that to announce in a few weeks hopefully. the last two years it has ben $50 for 3 power pulls with a wideband and printout. i expect pricing to be in the same ballpark this year, maybe a few bucks more.
they also put out a huge spread of food for us and we get to walk around the shop and bother all the techs. it is a really good time

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 01-13-2008, 10:43 PM   #28
edpontiac91

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
not sure yet. we will have that to announce in a few weeks hopefully. the last two years it has ben $50 for 3 power pulls with a wideband and printout. i expect pricing to be in the same ballpark this year, maybe a few bucks more.
they also put out a huge spread of food for us and we get to walk around the shop and bother all the techs. it is a really good time
What do they mean when they say A/F ratio, and what is a wideband? With the 3 pulls, do they do any adjustments i.e., timing-fuel pressure-spark plug wire check etc.?

1994 25th ANNIVERSARY TRANS AM GT -1
of ONLY 2,000 made/ Only 128 made with a HURST 6-Speed Manual and 91 with T-Tops and Compact Disc/ K & N Filtercharger/Magnaflow Performance Muffler/Air Foil- ORIGINAL MINT Arctic White Ultra Rare SURVIVOR. DAYTONA 500 PACE CAR Decal Kit!

SOLD: 1989 Turbo T/A in 1991 it ran 12:18@115 mph

Last edited by edpontiac91; 01-13-2008 at 10:44 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 02:56 PM   #29
01SS

No problem I will get all the info this week.
Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #30
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by edpontiac91 View Post
What do they mean when they say A/F ratio, and what is a wideband? With the 3 pulls, do they do any adjustments i.e., timing-fuel pressure-spark plug wire check etc.?
a wide badn O2 sensor is an accurate way to check the car's Air/Fuel Ratio while on the dyno. there is no time for adjustments between pulls, it is just three power pulls and then they bring on the next car.
the TTP dyno is available for tuning sessions, i am not sure what their rates are. you would have to give them a call and ask.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:16 PM   #31
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01SS View Post
No problem I will get all the info this week.
thanks.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #32
ShitOnWheels

Just a suggestion, no idea how feasible it is. But many areas up north have lakes with fascilities of some sort. I know the one near where we are moving has this (we won't be a part of the association until we have kids though, so it won't be an option that we can work on), and there is a possibility of renting some space for a picnic of some sort with swimming and/or other activities as well. About a mile away from this lake in particular (just over the border in NY) is an old drive in movie theater that we could head to at night.

Again, dunno how feasible it is, but if anyone is a member of their lake association and can get more info it's a possibility.

Edit: Of course, now I realize north is only missing Feb and Nov...kinda silly to do the lake thing then I guess lol. But the drive in movie is still possible. It's only about a mile or so over the border in NY from Upper Greenwood Lake.

Last edited by ShitOnWheels; 01-14-2008 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #33
98tadriver
10 Second Club; Has fan club

I'll be Dyno'ing something at the TTP meet fo sho!

2001 Corvette, Bolt ons , tuned 10.75@124.56 mph 1.38 60' Sold

1997 Saturn Sc1 5spd DOHC swapped
Bolt ons, decked head, stock intake cam on exhaust side, lotsa weight redux
13.22@102.32 mph 1.93 60'
12's on moda? One day
Old 01-19-2008, 09:20 AM   #34
TTPMatt
NJFBOA Supporting Sponsor

For tuning sessions we offer the dynojet at $150 per hour includes the wideband air/fuel, printouts, dyno usage, dyno operator.

As concerning the NJFBOA event, Tim and I wrapped up the details yesterday I am sure he will post soon. TTPMom got a second fridge so she's ready to make even more goodies, lol.

- Matt

- TTP Race Car Fabrication: Custom fabrication completed in-house. Taking orders for winter; Pro-Mod, Pro-Stock, Top Sportsman, Outlaw.
- Full custom alignments completed in-house
- Full Custom Exhaust Setups. All bending done in-house.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:19 AM   #35
DaSkinnyGuy

I am just making a request that the june south meet be June 21st and or june 22nd because I will 100% be able to go those days. I am taking off of work for my birthday and I plan on being down in cape may at the familys place. I usualy work sat and sundays so thats why you never see me at the meets. My birthday is June20th so this would be an awsome weekend.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:58 AM   #36
JW

From what I understood was they were looking for another location for the June meet. I am not really sure what happen but I did try in get in contact with Tim but haven't heard from him in a long time.

JW
Old 05-20-2008, 11:31 AM   #37
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Date for June will be out ASAP. I can tell you it will not be the 21-22. That is both GM at Carlisle and the NHRA is in E-Town. Very likely the last weekend in June, although Sat 6/14 is possible (15th is Fther's Day, so that is out).

Yes, it is a south month.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 05-20-2008, 01:25 PM   #38
DaSkinnyGuy

This is the part that stinks I have to work on the weekends and If i take off its usually to go with family. If its the weekend after the 21-22 I maybe able to go that but the 14-15th i am sure i will be working. I dont get why cape may is out of the question. Its a perfect spot and for any one who wants to take pictures of their car its a nice place to take pictures.
2000 Pewter Trans am, M6, SLP Lid,LS6 intake,Kooks 1 7/8" Long tube header,Classic Chambered Powersticks, hurst,off road X-pipe, Strano springs & Koni's, Monster level 2 clutch, HPtuners wide band tuned and a homemade ram air box sealed off.

Last edited by DaSkinnyGuy; 05-20-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:04 PM   #39
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Who said Cape May is not a possibility? Not in the summer, not with traffic, no way. But in the spring or fall, sure. Tim was trying to work out something with the light house for pics and such, but he was getting the run around.

Plus very few club members live down there.

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 05-20-2008, 03:14 PM   #40
NJ346
11 Second Club / I <3 LT1s

I hope it's not on the 14th, because I won't be able to make it. My family always throws a fathers day party on that saturday so the family isn't stuck in traffic and the sunday everybody can do their own thing. Hopefully you guys will go with the last weekend in June, then I'll be able to make it out for my first meet.
Old 05-20-2008, 04:01 PM   #41
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonzoHansen View Post
Who said Cape May is not a possibility? Not in the summer, not with traffic, no way. But in the spring or fall, sure. Tim was trying to work out something with the light house for pics and such, but he was getting the run around.
They all but came right out and said that they don't want our car club at the lighthouse at all, so chances are pretty good that the idea mentioned in the first post of this thread isn't going to happen anytime soon.

- Justin

Old 05-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #42
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

so how about a cheesesteak run?
Old 05-20-2008, 04:42 PM   #43
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
so how about a cheesesteak run?
We're already planning the Cheesesteak Run as a separate meet. All official NJFBOA monthly meets take place in NJ

- Justin

Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #44
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

good GREAT AWESOME!!!!!! sorry ima cheesesteak kinda guy....
Old 05-20-2008, 06:44 PM   #45
DaSkinnyGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
They all but came right out and said that they don't want our car club at the lighthouse at all, so chances are pretty good that the idea mentioned in the first post of this thread isn't going to happen anytime soon.

- Justin
Ok then meet at sunset beach thats 1 min from the lighthouse. Sun set beach to my house with 0 traffic is 2 hours and 40 mins and it isnt stopping me from driving there.
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > NJFBOA Events