Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 04:10 PM   #26
Slow Z
11 Second Club

I think I have one of the fastest 60'ing 82-02 f-bodies with bone stock suspension in the world and I can consistently hook most nights with nothing more than a 27" tall 9.5" wide DOT slick... People should really should blame their chassis/suspension if they have a high 9 second or slower car that doesn't hook at Atco. It's real easy to blame the track when in reality it's you and your car.
Old 01-03-2012, 04:22 PM   #27
Whoboy580

whats your 60 footer?
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 05:45 PM   #28
Slow Z
11 Second Club

1.49 only modification to the suspension is the front sway bar being removed. everything else is stock parts as they came from the factory. no frame connectors either.

...in other words, if my POS could hook that hard at Atco I find it suspicious that people cry about track prep in their 10-11-12-13 second cars.
Old 01-03-2012, 09:03 PM   #29
Sprayed 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Z View Post
I think I have one of the fastest 60'ing 82-02 f-bodies with bone stock suspension in the world and I can consistently hook most nights with nothing more than a 27" tall 9.5" wide DOT slick... People should really should blame their chassis/suspension if they have a high 9 second or slower car that doesn't hook at Atco. It's real easy to blame the track when in reality it's you and your car.
ya ok............... bring that thing down on a cold and late november night and see how well it does.

Quote:
1.49 only modification to the suspension is the front sway bar being removed. everything else is stock parts as they came from the factory. no frame connectors either.

...in other words, if my POS could hook that hard at Atco I find it suspicious that people cry about track prep in their 10-11-12-13 second cars.
aparently you dont get to the track much do you? to say that shows you still dont know what you are talking about. so all the people with dragsters, pro mods, out law 10.5 cars, and back halved bracket racers that we saw numerous nights that couldn't hook up don't know how to set up their car? give me a break. try to hook something with real power or a stick car with a little power.....then talk.........actually say nothing cause all you do dude is talk out your ars. you talk from opionion and not from real experiance. any real racer with any experiance at atco will tell you when the fall comes and the temps drop the track prep goes to hell on many a night.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:03 PM   #30
Slow Z
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprayed 99 View Post
ya ok............... bring that thing down on a cold and late november night and see how well it does.

aparently you dont get to the track much do you? to say that shows you still dont know what you are talking about. so all the people with dragsters, pro mods, out law 10.5 cars, and back halved bracket racers that we saw numerous nights that couldn't hook up don't know how to set up their car? give me a break. try to hook something with real power or a stick car with a little power.....then talk.........actually say nothing cause all you do dude is talk out your ars. you talk from opionion and not from real experiance. any real racer with any experiance at atco will tell you when the fall comes and the temps drop the track prep goes to hell on many a night.
Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? Since when do dragsters, pro mods, and outlaw 10.5 cars run 10-13 second ET's?

Now let's examine this photograph:

Notice the near empty stands and dudes wearing heavy coats in the background? Notice the tire off the ground? That's my BONE STOCK SUSPENSION car dead hooking on a day that was so cold that Atco actually closed a half hour afterward because it was literally freezing outside.

So if you have a car that runs 10's or slower that consistently doesn't hook at Atco your chassis and/or driving skills are completely to blame. Of course traction is going to be more challenging in extreme colds or heats. There is nothing Atco can do about that to make it better so bitching and whining about it when in reality you're at easily the best track on the east coast is absolutely retarded.
Old 01-03-2012, 10:13 PM   #31
Slow Z
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoboy580 View Post
Well I e mail Atco and told them a few things that as a customer they could improve on. Traction being the biggest problem I see people saying this is what Joe from Atco said.

Tom, Maybe what they need to understand that Atco is the utilized for drag racing more than any track in the country. Everyday we have a track rental or a drag racing event or even street the entire track is sprayed both lanes end to end side to side. the nature ofd the vehicles being run is what changes the conditiuons. if there are 30 or 40 front wheel drive street tire cars going down the track it efeects the traction. THe trouble is every car is different. if you want to test a 10.5 outlaw car on a regular friday nite you have to detune it to get down. now take junior dragsters and bikes who always run the inside grove on T & T . i am sure you understand my point we touch up balled spots as needed.. I also know my competition and Atco is prepped better than any of them.
THanks
JJS.
Lastly, this post sums it all up and exposes the BS Atco is attempting to pull by implying they are hurting. Joe Sway himself says right in that response "Atco is utilized for drag racing more than any track in the country." and "everyday we have a track rental or drag racing event." They don't need your hand at all, they're just attempting to pity racers/fans into giving them record profits this coming season. If they don't turn a profit of millions per year they are simply managed poorly.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #32
Whoboy580

you left out a part. I think maybe your reading this part wrong.

Everyday we have a track rental or a drag racing event or even street the entire track is sprayed both lanes end to end side to side

He not saying everyday that they do the track gets sprayed..
Whoboy580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
Slow Z
11 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoboy580 View Post
you left out a part. I think maybe your reading this part wrong.

Everyday we have a track rental or a drag racing event or even street the entire track is sprayed both lanes end to end side to side

He not saying everyday that they do the track gets sprayed..
Cars constantly running on the track keep it clean and puts down new rubber. I truly do not blame them for not prep spraying on street nights because most cars there are on street tires which will quickly screw up any prep. Now I assume they mix trackbite with methonal as a prep spray so keep in mind it probably cost them close to $1,000 in chemicals just to spray the whole track. It'd be very poor business practice to do that every single night and especially on nights where mostly slow street tire cars paying only $15 instantly ruin it.

For the best possible track go on a night that they are having an event and get in the appropriate lane for slick/drag radial cars. They spray for index races, bracket races, etc.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
Sprayed 99

Quote:
Do you have reading comprehension problems or something? Since when do dragsters, pro mods, and outlaw 10.5 cars run 10-13 second ET's?

Now let's examine this photograph:

Notice the near empty stands and dudes wearing heavy coats in the background? Notice the tire off the ground? That's my BONE STOCK SUSPENSION car dead hooking on a day that was so cold that Atco actually closed a half hour afterward because it was literally freezing outside.

So if you have a car that runs 10's or slower that consistently doesn't hook at Atco your chassis and/or driving skills are completely to blame. Of course traction is going to be more challenging in extreme colds or heats. There is nothing Atco can do about that to make it better so bitching and whining about it when in reality you're at easily the best track on the east coast is absolutely retarded.

You clearly dont have a clue about the track or comprehend what I said.To say every night the track hooks is total nonsense. just because you get lucky and hook one day doesnt mean every day the track is hooking. When cars crash (12 and 13 sec cars) due to the track not being prepped is proof that its dangerous. We've had 11 sec cars get side ways at 80 mph. How the hell does that have anything to do with suspension or driving skills? some of the nights we couldn't hook, either could any fast(8's or faster) or big tire cars. so attacking driving skills or set ups isn't even an arguement. And if you read through my earlier posts (and comprehended it) i am talking about street nights and the later months in the season (nov,dec)

and to claim 1.49 on dead stock suspension is about the fastest on the planet is a sad joke. which planet do you live on? i can think of 5 fbodies off the top of my head that cut 1.50 or better 60 fts. and a couple are just bolt on cars. besides you have consistently lied about your car in the past so what ever claim you make on here or on your street racing board is bs.

come out when the track opens in late feb or early march consistently every week and you'll see what i am talking about. Even the guys who work at the track that we're friendly with agree with and know what i am saying. the say it to us.
Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #35
Slow Z
11 Second Club

Again, no track is 100% perfect but Atco is easily the best hooking track around. Freezing cold or extremely hot temps are not ideal for drag racing so of course the track isn't going to hook as well. This is just common sense and there is nothing Atco can do to improve this so complaining about it is absolutely ridiculous.

If you have an 11 second car going sideways at 80mph, it's most likely because someone leaked oil or coolant in that spot before you and it went unnoticed so again, there is nothing Atco can do unless you want them to spend 45 minutes inspecting the track after each and every pass. Also keep in mind that most street cars are very dirty underneath... when they go down the track they are shaking all this crap onto it which again messes up any prep. If there were a huge amount of crashes there in a single year I'd agree that there is a problem however whining that the track doesn't hook in december on street nights when it's 30-40* outside is nonsense.

Now, please show me a single 82-02 f-body with completely stock chassis and suspension that has been 1.49 or faster... Just one single one out of these 5 surely has a post some where on a forum, a video, a picture, something... Not stock style suspension either, I'm talking the exact same suspension components that came with the car when it left the factory and no type of chassis reinforcement.

Now to show you that I do not and have never lied about anything on or about my car, take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQiwA1zr9Y and take note of the date it was posted and the "13NT" written on my windshield. Now look at the date and car number on these timeslips:

That is 1.590, 1.528, 1.514... I don't have a video of any of the 1.49 passes I made last year but there's proof it's been within 0.015 of my claim that you feel I'm lying about.

Last edited by Slow Z; 01-04-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Slow Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #36
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

I have to agree with slow. Street nights are a gamble. Complaining the track doesn't hook in late February or early March is just nonsense, the ground is cold. Going sideways at 80 in a slow car doesn't seem right either, there is another factor other than "bad prep" causing that. They aren't going to prep the track for 300+mph funny cars every night so pick when you want to go or learn how to adjust your car for the changing track conditions.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:12 PM   #37
Sprayed 99

Quote:
Again, no track is 100% perfect but Atco is easily the best hooking track around. Freezing cold or extremely hot temps are not ideal for drag racing so of course the track isn't going to hook as well. This is just common sense and there is nothing Atco can do to improve this so complaining about it is absolutely ridiculous.

If you have an 11 second car going sideways at 80mph, it's most likely because someone leaked oil or coolant in that spot before you and it went unnoticed so again, there is nothing Atco can do unless you want them to spend 45 minutes inspecting the track after each and every pass. Also keep in mind that most street cars are very dirty underneath... when they go down the track they are shaking all this crap onto it which again messes up any prep. If there were a huge amount of crashes there in a single year I'd agree that there is a problem however whining that the track doesn't hook in december on street nights when it's 30-40* outside is nonsense.

Now, please show me a single 82-02 f-body with completely stock chassis and suspension that has been 1.49 or faster... Just one single one out of these 5 surely has a post some where on a forum, a video, a picture, something... Not stock style suspension either, I'm talking the exact same suspension components that came with the car when it left the factory and no type of chassis reinforcement.

Now to show you that I do not and have never lied about anything on or about my car, take a look at this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrQiwA1zr9Y and take note of the date it was posted and the "13NT" written on my windshield. Now look at the date and car number on these timeslips:

That is 1.590, 1.528, 1.514... I don't have a video of any of the 1.49 passes I made last year but there's proof it's been within 0.015 of my claim that you feel I'm lying about.

1.5's and a single 1.49 isn't impressive at all. one of the cars we set up was cam only 02 ss with 100 shot went 1.51 on drag radials and stock suspension. can be done. just because you think its difficult or impressive doesnt meen it is. you have always complained in the past how you didnt race there much and how the track wasnt your thing.....all of a sudden you are an expert? come on dude. and blacking out your time slips shows how shady and full of crap you are.

from my own experiance atco used to prep the track better
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetbmxrider View Post
I have to agree with slow. Street nights are a gamble. Complaining the track doesn't hook in late February or early March is just nonsense, the ground is cold. Going sideways at 80 in a slow car doesn't seem right either, there is another factor other than "bad prep" causing that. They aren't going to prep the track for 300+mph funny cars every night so pick when you want to go or learn how to adjust your car for the changing track conditions.
few years back(march,april,nov,dec) i'd run just about every tues,thurs and friday. usuall the prep was spot and would cut mid 1.4's all day. once in a while the prep would be sh#t but was few and far between. last couple years though its flat out been worse. Run tues and thurs cut 1.40 to 1.44 60's in a3700 lb STICK car......come friday on same exact tires and set up and all night the track is terrible. not just for me but any car running 11's or better. There were nights i'd hit 4th and be sideways over 100mph, when the night before i was runnin low 10's and cuttin 1.40's 60's.

the last season especially i noticed a decline on the prep on street nights. barneymobile went 10.0 with 1.40 60'sone night and next 2 or 3 times out couldn't stick his car for anything. maybe 1 out of 3 nights the track seemed to hook. now if a car oiled or put coolant down they'd spray the track and would hook well for short time. And if any of you have ever tried to get a stick car with any kind of power down the track you'd know how much harder it is than an automatic.

You dont need to prep the track for a top fueler every time, but if they know fast cars are going to run that the track should be prepped the same night to night. we know how to set our cars up. impossible to do that if the track can't even hook a 11 sec stick car. and its not coolant, water or oil on the track either its lack of prep. the track can hook like glue if its done right even when its cold. again what you fail to realize is even the guys we talk to that work there agree on how bad it is at times and wished that they could prep it better.

if i had to pay more to race thats fine with me. for all the money, time and effort involved to prepare a car for racing, most guys prob would pay more for it too.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing