Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2004, 12:06 AM   #1
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

cell phones are gay

nextel is driving me crazy. my friend sent me text messages last night, and i'm just getting them, the next day a 1am =\. does this happen to anyone else? long delays in txt msging ?
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:08 AM   #2
ShitOnWheels

It used to happen to me all the time with TMobile...every one else had Verizon (just about), and I'd get messages late or get doubles...there was no happy medium. Justin and/or TIm will tell you. Sometimes I'd get the first message, and then the next day I'd get it again, and wonder wtf? But now I"m on Verizon and all is good
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:11 AM   #3
ShitOnWheels

PS I love cell phones...not that I ever get any calls (used to be, when I had Tmobuile and it didn't work at home, everyone tried callin instead of textin - I could get texts usually - now that I have Verizon NO ONE calls me unless it's my father or brother. This might have something to do with the fact that I haven't been social with the Ewing group in 2 months...hmm
Old 12-05-2004, 12:14 AM   #4
GrandmasterCow
12 Second Club

lol yeah i barely get service at my own house. sometimes it cuts the call for no reason and says "ERROR: 427" or some random number, no real reason but a number. drives me crazy. and it's a 300$ cancellation fee if i try to cancel nextel to get new service.
1999 Trans Am WS6
2000 Trans Am WS6
GrandmasterCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 12:17 AM   #5
BigAls87Z28

Verizon owns jooo punk..

I cant wait for my 2yr contract to be up in March...I NEEDS a new phone.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:38 AM   #6
ProtekYoNutz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Verizon owns jooo punk..

SPRINT!! is better

yeah everyone knows my car is a pos but thats ok...im still better than you!
ProtekYoNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 07:00 AM   #7
V
Stalker

I got AT&T wireless, people say they suck but i dont think so, I had this service for like 4 years, (6 phones) and i never had any real problems. When i first got it, i had plain digital service, but when i got my 5th phone, i switched to the new GSM network, basically radio frequencies and worldwide. They said the coverage wasnt the best at the time but more transmitters were going up, at a rate of abput double every 6 months, that was a 1.5 years ago, now i have great service, everywhere i never had it before, i am near NYC so that helps im sure, but i get all my text messages and calls. Oh and AT&T just merged with Cingular to create even more coverage. So if you're looking for new service check it out.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:51 AM   #8
bluebird94

t-mobile sucks, its cheap though so im not complaining...i do get late text messages though...on thanksgiving my gf and i were texting back and forth, and like 2 days later i got all of the same texts again, what a waste!
bluebird94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:53 AM   #9
Trans Am Chick

i jus got cingular. i used to have verizon. they suck ass. i never got signal anywhere in bergen county except paramus. *(the ONE place i didnt want a signal) cingular is awsome they took over at&t, bell south, tmobile, etc. i think theres like 2 other companys that cingular took out. so now every time i call them... its mobile to mobile which for me is unlimited. my plan is awsome. my parents got rid of my house fone for unknown reasons. they would have taken away my cell but i pay for it. anyway my point was.. i didnt have to up my minutes at all. i <3 my fone. except when my parents call....

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:56 AM   #10
Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
I got AT&T wireless, people say they suck but i dont think so, I had this service for like 4 years, (6 phones) and i never had any real problems. When i first got it, i had plain digital service, but when i got my 5th phone, i switched to the new GSM network, basically radio frequencies and worldwide. They said the coverage wasnt the best at the time but more transmitters were going up, at a rate of abput double every 6 months, that was a 1.5 years ago, now i have great service, everywhere i never had it before, i am near NYC so that helps im sure, but i get all my text messages and calls. Oh and AT&T just merged with Cingular to create even more coverage. So if you're looking for new service check it out.
this isn't a new thing. cingular and at&t have been sharing towers for years. they still both suck. taking the right step going to GSM though, everybody else in the world has it. stupid america.

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:58 AM   #11
Pat

Quote:
Verizon owns jooo punk..

you don't need to wait the whole 2 years. irregaurdless of when you signed the contract, if you purchased your phone more than 22 months ago, you're eligible for a new one, plus they'll give you $100 towards it. i got a vx7000 for free, and it kicks ass.

Sold: 1998 Trans Am
SLP Lid, Magnaflow Catback, Stock Hurst w/ JSS, BMR APHR, Chrome ZR1's

Currently Driving: 1986 Oldsmobile Delta 88
Parents bought it from my neighbor's father for $500
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:59 AM   #12
ShitOnWheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trans Am Chick
i jus got cingular. i used to have verizon. they suck ass. i never got signal anywhere in bergen county except paramus. *(the ONE place i didnt want a signal) cingular is awsome they took over at&t, bell south, tmobile, etc. i think theres like 2 other companys that cingular took out. so now every time i call them... its mobile to mobile which for me is unlimited. my plan is awsome. my parents got rid of my house fone for unknown reasons. they would have taken away my cell but i pay for it. anyway my point was.. i didnt have to up my minutes at all. i &lt;3 my fone. except when my parents call....
Last I heard, Cingular only took over at&t, not Tmobile. I just got rid of Tmobile (well, my contract isn't up until this Thursday so I have to wait to cancel it), and I had horrible service here, but with verizon I have full digital service in most spots in my house. It's much more gooder
Old 12-05-2004, 04:00 PM   #13
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

My Verizon service has been great, no problems yet. I always get signal, and everythings instant!
Old 12-05-2004, 04:48 PM   #14
JL8Jeff
Hippy Mod, Bergermeister Meisterberger, Moderator

I hate cell phones. There's nothing more annoying than people with a loud obnoxious ring and then they practially shout to whoever called. And all you ever here is "nothing, what are you doing?". At work, restaurants and bars, all you here is cell phones ringing. How did we ever survive without them? Oh yeah, we actually called each other and made plans. Cell phones are good for an emergency, but I guess I've been lucky and never had a need to use one in all my 38 years. Sorry, I needed to vent because there's way too many people with a cell phone glued to their ear 24/7. And don't get me started on people driving while talking on the cell or looking for messages.
Old 12-05-2004, 07:44 PM   #15
PBodyGT87
Hot Liz, Cold Beer

i had at&t and i never had trouble with them with the texting, but now that its moved to cingular i get doubles, late texts, repeats from the day before, and sometimes no texts at all.

so yeah i have the same problem.

Also: 1974 Honda CB550/four. Ah, the OPEN-open road.
99 Saturn SW1. Flaunting a fender "blemish" (large gaping hole) thanks to a hit a run. Never caught the guy. Permanent Driveway Status at Justin's.
PBodyGT87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 01:03 AM   #16
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtekYoNutz
Quote:
Verizon owns jooo punk..

SPRINT!! is better Â*
Ugh...my mom had sprint for a year...HORRIBLE! Maybe its my area, but Sprint service was horrible, and she was always roaming or had no service.

I had Cingular, and for this area was cool. Then when I went to college in Mass, I wanted to upgrade my plan to the Northeast. I call them and have it upgraded ot the larger zone, and they said that price and everything is the same, 400 anytime mins, free nights and weekends, yadda yadda....
First month being in school, I get a voice message on my dorm line. Its my dad, and all he says to me is "Alex, its your father. I just got your phone bill, and its over $1,000...dont use your phone."
Apparently, the plan was for 400 mins ONLY! I never did the 400 peak mins, but would do 1000-1500 off peak mins talking to friends, family, and my ex. Half of thoes seem to be in roam areas, and there were other additional charges for voice mail...
Needless to say....I changed my plan. Went home on winter break, and went over to Verizon and got my azz a new phone with a new plan. Havent had a single problem since.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge