Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2004, 03:24 AM   #1
skorpion317

Results from today's Football game....

Today was the state championship for Non-Public Group 2. The DePaul Spartans (my old HS) vs. the Queen of Peace Griffons.

The first quarter was great, DePaul kicked off to begin the game. On the first play, QoP's QB threw a wounded duck which was intercepted on the 10 yard line. A short time later DP punched it in with a pass to the halfback. They went for a 2-pt conversion and made it.

It went back and forth for another few series before QoP scored. Score 8-6 DP. QoP tried for a 2-pt conversion too, but they were denied.

Soon after this, something happened. Idk what it was, but DePaul took a downward spiral. QoP's RB, Mike Lomego, was an animal. He would gain 4-5 yards a play, sometimes taking 6 or 7 guys along with him. Several times he busted loose for 15 yard gains. QoP scored twice, putting the score at 22-8 before halftime.

The second half brought more disaster. A few interceptions were thrown by DP's QB, a sophomore in his first varsity year. The kid's a great player, he just doesn't have the same mental experience as a older QB. That will come in time. My brother, a RB/LB, made several catches and ran for 3 first downs. He also made a number of tackles. DePaul scored again on a long drive, which was helped in part by penalties against QoP.

However, QoP couldn't be stopped on offense or defense. Lomego was in the backfield the whole time on defense, and on offense he was still gaining 5 yards a carry. they put up another two scores, making it 35-14. With a minute to go in the 4th quarter, DePaul drove 30 yards down the field and scored, making it 35-21. They attempted an onside kick, which was successful, but they didn't have enough time for another drive. the final score was 35-21, Queen of Peace.

I knew what it was like to play in my last game as a senior. I never knew what it was like to play for a state championship. My brother had a great game, and a great season. I cried with him on the field, because I was in his shoes 3 years ago. It's tough to know that you won't play another down in high school again. The guys on your team are your family, they shared everything that you went through. All that matters is that everything you had was left on the field. My brother certainly did that, and I couldn't be any prouder of him.

He's looking at colleges now...trying to decide which school is right for him. He definitely wants to play college ball, and I think he'll be successful at that as well. We've been in contact with several Division II coaches, who are all interested in my brother. They've seen tapes of him playing, and they like what they see. My brother is too small to go D1, but he can compete in Division II. I'll be cheering him on when he hits the field for the first time in college.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 08:18 AM   #2
1RawTA

a kid i played football with 5-8th grade plays for Bergan catholic, they played bosco friday night at the medowlands he scored both touchdowns for BC and they won the game over bosco.. look for him on tv next year, either playing for USC,miami, notre dame, psu, or some big collage like that, he will be anouncing where he is going on the show before the hiesman presentation. his name is brian cushing if anyone was wondering.
WWW.TTPERFORMANCE.NET
1RawTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
bluebird94

how about my high school team won the section 2 group 4 state championship for the third strait year....woooo go piscataway lol
bluebird94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 01:41 PM   #4
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I tried to make it, but my dad's "shortcut" landed me lost on Secaucus backroads... and why's your phone been off?

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 03:48 PM   #5
SpeakersGoBoom

Or saint joes in montvale. Jesus. people there dont even know what its like not to win a state championship in something...except hockey.
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 09:46 PM   #6
BigAls87Z28

Ah dude, that sucks man. I cried when we won, but it was my Jr year. My Sr year, I teared up a little, but not as much as my jr year. I didnt care my last year. I hated everyone in my class. I played 2 years with kids older then me while kids in my class were still playing 2nd and 3rd string. So when it came time, I didnt give a crap anymore my last year. I won my ring, I got my jacket, I got my glory.
Anyway, sorry to hear about your bro. In other football news, ******** Middletown South beat Wall. I was in such a good mood till I heard that news.
I hate Middletown South. For a bunch of rich kids, they show the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen, and Ive played teams from all around the state.
Old 12-06-2004, 09:57 PM   #7
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28
Â*For a bunch of rich kids, they show the worst sportsmanship I have ever seen, and Ive played teams from all around the state.
dude, that's how it always is. the opposite ends of the spectrum (ghetto schools and rich schools) are always the worst.

We played Westside HS of Newark my senior year, IN Newark. the field was dirt and broken glass. We were a bunch of white suburban kids being dropped off in the middle of the ghetto. Not a great experience. Their players talked trash the whole time, and some racial epithets were hurled on both sides.
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 11:28 PM   #8
BigAls87Z28

Ahahah, Nice.
I went to Hamilton North or Notingham High School to play the Northstars. Each dude was at least 6'3" and 260lbs. I mean everyone, even the backs. Hell, the full back and running back where the defesive tackles!!
It was 0-0 heading into half time and we punted to them. They kid goes to catch it, and it slips out of his hands, and into the arms a our start running back on the punt team. That made it 7-0. Next half, they dominated the whole 3rd qt with a 10 min drive, but it was ended after there star running back/defensive tackle shatterd his elbow on a facemask.
After that, we rolled over them to win 28-0.
But thoes dudes were the coolest kids ever to play the game. They played there asses off, and they did it clean.
Cant say that for Middletown that we beat the week before, or Long Branch, the team we played in the State Finals.
Middletown used to have a field called "The Swamp". Since all of Middletown is a swamp, the field retains water like a sponge. On top of that, it rained all week, and then they let the sprinklers go all week as well, to really soak it up. They had spray pained the field green and white so it looked good from a distance....but as soon as we stepped foot on the field...well...take a look.

thats me holding my helmet high, mouth open....8)

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge