Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-05-2004, 10:40 PM   #1
SpeakersGoBoom

Paul, help us!

The car died again. Its a new diehard. I was the last person to drive it on tuesday night, and it worked like a charm. i get in it this night, and it doesnt even have enough power to give the floor lights anything more than a dull glow. Possibly just a bad battery? because you tested the alternator and it was working fine, right? (he seriously thinks hes going to sell that car to me in the condition its in now for $4-5k )
SpeakersGoBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 10:41 PM   #2
SpeakersGoBoom

BTW, When I say paul, im referring to Smoking SS, the one time owner and builder of the 383 Stroker Camaro.
Old 12-05-2004, 11:04 PM   #3
V
Stalker

it could be the alternator too. like i posted once for someother member with electrical problems, if a battery goes, the alt is soon to follow and vice versa, I couldnt chekc the alt that night since we never got it running. try jump starting it. put the cables on and leave them for like 10 min they try to start it, that should be enough time to charge the battery a little, once its running check the voltage, should be around 14.5, if its like 12 or so then the alt is bad... the alternator was new in march of '01 so who knows. the last bad battery could have shorted it out. try then and post back.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 PM   #4
SpeakersGoBoom

if the alt is bad, what is the name of that shop that you said you got the rebuilt alternators from/where is it?
Old 12-05-2004, 11:19 PM   #5
V
Stalker

the only place i'll ever use is Rayelco, its right on main street in lodi.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:21 AM   #6
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Old 12-06-2004, 12:25 AM   #7
Trans Am Chick

mmmm... not exactly... just because the post was directed to paul (being that he built the car... didnt exactly mean it was ONLY for paul. at this point hes pretty open to ANYONES suggestions. (but most specifically pauls...)

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:26 AM   #8
Trans Am Chick

and in that case.... why are there sooo many posts telling people to CHECK their pms...

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #9
skorpion317

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life
hahahahaha
skorpion317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:29 AM   #10
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransAm4Life

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:31 AM   #11
Trans Am Chick

btw... your arrow looks demented. its uneven... i gues thats what paint does for you though instead of a decent graphics program...

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:34 AM   #12
BigAls87Z28

Look, get the car started and take it to Sears. Have them do a Die Hard Service Test on the battery. It will check the alt as well as check for leaks. Its 12.99, and its a lot easier then hooking up wires and ****.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:35 AM   #13
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Old 12-06-2004, 12:39 AM   #14
Trans Am Chick

well gee.. dont use photoshop elements... haha thats probli why adobe makes so much money. i cant seem to use just one adobe product when i do graphics work... each program they make does something the other program cant. im just lucky i have about every adobe product you could think of. and other non-adobe stuff too...

btw... that arrow was much better then the first.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 12:50 AM   #15
BigAls87Z28

Also, PLEASE tell me there is a Die Hard Gold in that car.....
Old 12-06-2004, 09:14 AM   #16
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeakersGoBoom
BTW, When I say paul, im referring to Smoking SS, the one time owner and builder of the 383 Stroker Camaro.

you say that like its the only one in existance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 10:07 AM   #17
SpeakersGoBoom

well, this 383 stroker is SUPER special. only this one can do a 1/4 mile in 10 seconds!!!!
Old 12-06-2004, 10:10 AM   #18
Mike
BadMod

timesliip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:23 PM   #19
Ian
Banned Camp Director Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
timesliip?
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2004, 12:37 PM   #20
Trans Am Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike

timesliip?
HAHAHA i think ill stay out of that one.... 8)

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 01:19 PM   #21
V
Stalker

geez people need to all calm down, he asked for my help because i BUILT the specific car hes talking about, and i wired in a ford style remote starter solenoid and I also simplified the wiring of the entire car(for me at least when i owned it). I had previously helped him with it when it died the first time, the battery tested at 10 volts, most likely a dead cell. anyway he put a new battery and it ran fine for a while, so obviously now it could be the alt since i couldnt check that last time since he got a battery after i left. my one word of advice to everyone, if you cant try to be helpful, dont make any comments. seriously, i'm starting to get really turned off by this board like what LS1.com did to me. people should be here to help, not to nitpick every dahm little thing.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:56 PM   #22
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingSS
geez people need to all calm down, Â*he asked for my help because i BUILT the specific car hes talking about, and i wired in a ford style remote starter solenoid and I also simplified the wiring of the entire car(for me at least when i owned it). Â*I had previously helped him with it when it died the first time, the battery tested at 10 volts, most likely a dead cell. anyway he put a new battery and it ran fine for a while, Â*so obviously now it could be the alt since i couldnt check that last time since he got a battery after i left. Â*my one word of advice to everyone, if you cant try to be helpful, dont make any comments. seriously, i'm starting to get really turned off by this board like what LS1.com did to me. Â*people should be here to help, not to nitpick every dahm little thing.

Look man its the fact that he (karl) specifically called for you, and no one has a god dam clue to as what he is talking about. If he included a little more information and put it in the tech, no one would be such a hard ass. But the way it is; its prime for a Private Message. And the reason i do this to him, is because he does it way to much, and its really really anoying, and I have said it before both on the forum, and via instant messenger, so this isnt something new.

Suck it up.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:36 PM   #23
Trans Am Chick

take the stick outta ur ass alex. its not THAT big a deal. nd in that case y dont you stop "hijacking" the topics that he posts about. yes it was directed mainly at paul. but guess what?! its not karls car. he doesnt kno everything about it. and the owner is too much of a ******* to know either. that doesnt mean hes not looking for help. instead of being a dick about it. y dont u ask him for more specs on the car. and then mayb hell either answer you with an "i dunno" or PAUL will answer.
IS THAT SOOOO DIFFICULT?!?

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:39 PM   #24
Trans Am Chick

i find it funny that karl and paul arent the only people who managed to post in the topic ABOUT THE CAR at least.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Old 12-06-2004, 02:59 PM   #25
SpeakersGoBoom

Alex, i find it interesting that you always have a comment for everything I do. Â*first you yell at me for hijacking posts, and then you do the same. Â*I'm not sure if your being hypoctitical, or are trying to "show me what its like." Â*if your trying to "show me what its like," I get it. Â*I appologized to you before. Â*Its done with. Â*Stop breaking my balls. Â*This comment was partially directed at paul, or anyone else who may have ideas as to what might be happening. Â*You dont like what I post, then just ignore everything that has my username along side it. As for Paul and Al, thank you. I will be working on getting the car to sears. and yes, it is a diehard. dont know if its diehard gold, tho.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge