Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 04:31 PM   #26
EVIL90SS

ford taurus sho.......****IN JUNK ! great to pick up the kids from band camp but if u think thier cool...kill yourself now.

EVIL90SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:01 PM   #27
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL90SS
ford taurus sho.......****IN JUNK ! Â* great to pick up the kids from band camp but if u think thier cool...kill yourself now.
yea i'd take one for a DD/beater...nothing more
Old 12-09-2004, 05:02 PM   #28
superblonde

Quote:
ford taurus sho.......****IN JUNK ! Â* great to pick up the kids from band camp but if u think thier cool...kill yourself now.
always so eloquent...
superblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 05:33 PM   #29
Fasterthanyou

*cough sleeper cough*
I think they're cool cars but I already choose option 1) from earlier, still have a bullet.... wanna take this outside
Really though, other than it being a ford body, everything else is rather unique. It's the top of the line of that model just like the Impala SS is with the b-body's, and the 454 SS was the same for the trucks. SRT-# is Dodges top of the line sport models.
I hope you were kidding because even though I don't like the cars personally you can NOT deny the facts. Facts that make them cooler than your average 4 door sedan. No offence to the imp but the difference between the imps and the 9C1's is like next to nill from a performance stand point. Look at the SHO vs the Tortoise, lots of differences mechanically, that's what makes them cool, not their facad.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:10 AM   #30
96ImpSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
*cough sleeper cough*
I think they're cool cars but I already choose option 1) from earlier, still have a bullet.... wanna take this outside
Really though, other than it being a ford body, everything else is rather unique. It's the top of the line of that model just like the Impala SS is with the b-body's, and the 454 SS was the same for the trucks. SRT-# is Dodges top of the line sport models.
I hope you were kidding because even though I don't like the cars personally you can NOT deny the facts. Facts that make them cooler than your average 4 door sedan. No offence to the imp but the difference between the imps and the 9C1's is like next to nill from a performance stand point. Look at the SHO vs the Tortoise, lots of differences mechanically, that's what makes them cool, not their facad.
I agree that there is not much difference between the 9C1 caprice and an imp, ill give you that. In fact the 9C1 is alittle quicker. However, I don't agree that my car is an average 4 door sedan. If you owned one you would know that. I can't tell you how many conversations i've had with random people inquiring about my car and how unique it looks. Thats at least what makes the car cool to me.
96ImpSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:42 PM   #31
Fasterthanyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96ImpSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
*cough sleeper cough*
I agree that there is not much difference between the 9C1 caprice and an imp, ill give you that. In fact the 9C1 is alittle quicker. However, I don't agree that my car is an average 4 door sedan. If you owned one you would know that. I can't tell you how many conversations i've had with random people inquiring about my car and how unique it looks. Thats at least what makes the car cool to me.
You people are too biased. I've been there, felt that, got over it when I looked under the hood and got the chance to drive both more than once. I'd rather have an imp but I could own a SHO for less and have more money for my f-body . Like over $5g's more!
I've been looking at cars as cool when they are smooth sleepers. If it's got a cool powertrain and drivetrain, big tires, and can suprise the crap out of the unsuspecting then that's cool too.
The best part about the SHO is that it isn't powered by ford! This is why I can't stand generalized comments about how much they stuck. Compare them to any other 4 door sedan and considering the car they're rather impressive to say the least. A friend had only a trash can cold air on his 89 and he ran a 14.7 then a 14.6 then a borken halve shaft, lol. That's quick for a wrong wheel drive stock heavy 4 door no matter what you consider cool. The same can be said about the evo, I think they're rather ugly but the coolness factor is there even though I wouldn't own one!
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 07:42 PM   #32
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Neons are SEXY! 8)
Old 12-10-2004, 10:26 PM   #33
BigAls87Z28

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblonde
Quote:
always so eloquent...

ahahaha

Old 12-10-2004, 10:28 PM   #34
BigAls87Z28

Id love to import a Commadore with a LS1 and 6spd....

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge