Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 11:38 PM   #1
V
Stalker

ghosts... do you believe?

i know this is very random, but i'm very out of it right now and trying to pass time till i can get some sleep, hell i'm surprised i managed to drive home, no not drunk or such. anyway back to my main thought....

do you believe in ghosts, i dont mean religious beliefs like life after death, i mean actual spiritual entities in our world, and all that good stuff. personally i do. I actually believei have a presence in my house who randomly screws with my cars and stuff in my garage, especially my tools. i've heard and seen **** that cant be explained as well. Other instances have actually been with witnesses and they couldnt explain stuff either. I dont believe they are out to hurt us but just there. so what are your thoughts? some of you may have heard about "devils tower? in rio vista, by alpine NJ. well that is right up the hill from me and i believe there defiante;y is something there and i respect that place ever since we were chased by something that night 6 years ago. call me crazy(well i am a little) but i believe, how about you?
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:13 AM   #2
ar0ck
Resident Camera Guy

Social Networks:

I honestly have never had a strange accurance like that happen to me so I really dont believe it yet I know of a few people that have. Im sorta the kind of person who goes with "I have to see it to believe it"

But I respect people that believe something has happened to me, as long as I know they dont do drugs.
Old 12-10-2004, 12:30 AM   #3
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

I've been to the tower up in rio a lot of times and nothings ever really happened aside from a tingling feeling on the back of my neck; then again I've never done any of that go around beckwards 3 times and never gotten out of my car to look at it (well only once). I can remebmr times in my life where ive felt liek somethign there, but like Alex I haven't seen any realy proof to believe.

Kommandant
of the ACL (Anti Canadian League)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTb1ow View Post
Junk the pos, spend the money on beer, acquire headache.

Same result cept this headache doesnt last months.
Savage_Messiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 12:45 AM   #4
V
Stalker

ive had several odd things happen. Â*6 years ago when i had my 73 dodge coronet, me and 6 friends went up the devils tower, i stayed in the car with 2 of my friends while the others went up to the tower to listen for Â*the "falling rocks", when we left, a car was right behind us suddenly, looked like a staion wagon(the one story says a hearse follows you) well anyway to make a long story short it followed us all the way back to town at 80+mph. when we pulled into the parking lot, out friends back there wondered why we were speeding, we saw the car right up until the parking lot, the others in the lot just saw us come around the corner and down the road alone, no other car. Â*all the people in my car were freaked out, we knew what we saw and to this day, all of us will swear by it. Â*then there are the stories about a floating light in my basement that made my friend(works for bergen county sheirffs dept.) scream like a little girl and grab my arm, haha. Â*also, the week everything was going crazy in my house.... my 2 year old cellphone ringing alone with my new one, light bulbs burning out one by one, the working again, and that week i bought a motorcycle and i was showing it to my friend, i told him "if anything more really weird happens tonight i'm jumping on this and getting the **** outta here" Â*the next morning i went to start it for my other friend and the throttle cable snapped as soon as i touched it. oh and something pulling on my shirt by the downstairs refrigerator..the list goes on, oh and i have a taped me made at devils tower, the video gets all screwed up as i panned up the tower then comes back in great.

PS..if anyone goes or went to devils tower in rio vista, you know when you go around the tower and to the stop sign behind it, then make a left. you'll go about 2 houses and there will be a slight bend to the right and a street light. right under that light there is a burnout mark sorta still visiable. and a noticeable "clean" mark behind the tire mark where a pile of rubber was. that was me in my 96 dodge ram diesel. the original burnout was about 35 ft long, and the pile of rubber was 2 feet long and a foot wide. the mark is still vaugly noticeable if you look hard enough, if you look for it next time you may see it, i havent gone to check lately. that was done 6 years ago
Old 12-10-2004, 02:21 AM   #5
Trans Am Chick

i believe in spirits. sorta. like theres a baby who died during birth. supposedly in the house although were not sure of that. its years and years ago of course. but i have the room that would have been the babys room if it had lived. the couple wound up moving out shortly after the death of their child. i sometimes hear the baby cry in my room... occasionally (very rare tho) i see the reflection in the window. its really very sad because everytime... the baby is alone. since both its parents left. anyway thats one of my ghost stories for ya. all are true. but i kinda get emotional when i think about the spirits ive encoutered.

I <3 my Trans Am!
Trans Am Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 03:33 AM   #6
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

Paul, I'll check that sometime... I'm home Wednesday afternoon for winter break so sometime soon If anyone's in Tenafly on Washington Ave, look at the white line for the railroad markign right in front of Tea Garden, you'll see my burnout from the end of the school year, pretty nice for a little 6er doin the one wheel peel

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 12-10-2004, 03:38 AM   #7
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

****ing wierd, it got chilly as hell in here for a few minutes...

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 12-10-2004, 03:38 AM   #8
Savage_Messiah
2007 Member of the Year

oh yea nvm i opened the window a while ago to let the cigar smell out

Kommandant

Quote:

Old 12-10-2004, 08:07 AM   #9
matt98ls1

I won't knock that people have seen them before, but I wont be able to believe it until I see it.

A friend of mine has a house that is haunted, either that or she's just gone crazy. Apparently there is a ghost (a woman) who lives in the house, and she throws silverware and also shuts doors. There have been some stories that might make me believe it, but I wont believe her stories until I see something drastic.

and I didnt happen to see the ghost during those nights where I slept over her house either....
matt98ls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 09:03 AM   #10
ShitOnWheels

They say where I work there are ghosts. I have yet to see it, but ppl have said they will be in the bathroom and it sounds like someone comes in, but no one is there. Or they go to the basement and someone calls their name. One of my friends saw something walk across a hallway once, but again no one was actually there. I have yet to have anything happen to me. Ppl will not go in the basement alone because of it (I go all the time, nothin has ever happened).
ShitOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:25 AM   #11
JPiZZiJP

I've been to the Devils Tower... did the whole backwards 3 times around it... nothing happened. I don't see why that place is so scary, look at the mansions that surround it lol!

But yes, do a degree I do believe in spirits. I enjoy doing Weird NJ drives a lot.. you will find my Camaro quite frequently up at Clinton Road in West Milford scaring people with a spotlight hehe

~Joe
JPiZZiJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 10:52 AM   #12
V
Stalker

me and my gf ended up on clinton rd one night over the summer by accident, we were driving around aimlessly. nothing about that area or road seemed weird. the only scary thing was that ****ing crappy road while driving in my car with only 3" of ground clearence, now i wouldnt even try since i have 2" of clearence now.

i've had friends go to midgetville, gravity hill, and other weird nj places and no worthwhile stories. at devils tower i didnt even drive around it 3 times or backwards, but somthing followed us at about 2 feet behind my bumper at 80mph and making turns right with me, i even hit the brakes quick one time and it didnt come any closer than the 2-3 feet. i could barely see the headlights, it ran 2 red lights with me and my friends were lookign at it out the back window right until the parkign lot where we lost it. my one friend, was a local firefighter and worked at ground zero on sept 11th, another friend in the car is the nephew of bergenfeild police cheif, both kids are trustworthy and wouldnt lie, and they swear by this.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
BlueFBird

man thats freky stuff. if that was me id never go back, i believe in that stuff
Old 12-10-2004, 12:47 PM   #14
j0n

i join the "ill believe it when i see it" group but i really wanna see/hear/experience something like this really bad...i love gettin scared and i've always wanted to have like a ghost show up in front of me or something
Old 12-10-2004, 12:50 PM   #15
bad64chevelle
I will beat you with a toaster!

I do believe, besides Ive actually encountered two spirits that I didnt know were ghosts until about 15 mins after it happened and i asked someone about it...Its a long story and if you wanna hear it lemme know....but my real question is....what actually happens on clinton road, I mean I know the stories and stuff, but are they true? Has anyone actually had something happen to them there?
Old 12-10-2004, 12:54 PM   #16
j0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
I do believe, besides Ive actually encountered two spirits that I didnt know were ghosts until about 15 mins after it happened and i asked someone about it...Its a long story and if you wanna hear it lemme know....but my real question is....what actually happens on clinton road, I mean I know the stories and stuff, but are they true? Has anyone actually had something happen to them there?
i wanna know! maybe u can introduce me 2 some spirits i would like to meet em
Old 12-10-2004, 01:44 PM   #17
superblonde

whether or not there are such things as ghosts, I can say is that I never want to personally see one or have any paranormal experience.D
superblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad64chevelle
I've driven the length of Clinton Road twice, and also explored a few of the side trails. The only thing that has ever happened to me there is almost hitting a bear (it wasn't that close, just surprised me a bit. Surprised Karen more )

- Justin

Tru2Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 04:08 PM   #19
12secondv6
Token v6 Guy

Well, I've got Elvis standing next to me as we both type..... he says they are real.... since he is dead... I'm gonna have to believe in him
Old 12-10-2004, 04:43 PM   #20
superblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12secondv6
Well, I've got Elvis standing next to me as we both type..... he says they are real.... since he is dead... I'm gonna have to believe in him Â*

Old 12-10-2004, 05:19 PM   #21
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt98ls1
I won't knock that people have seen them before, but I wont be able to believe it until I see it.
well said.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 05:35 PM   #22
Fasterthanyou

I'm too scientific . I believe the mind can imagine some crazy stuff if you're setting yourself up to be scared. Like saying "I'm not going to be scared." You're brain focuses on scared and insticnt kicks in and you enter fight or flight.
Believe in ghosts, no, spirits, yes. Spirits that can touch matter (real things), no.
Don't get the feeling that I'm trying to belittle anybody because I'm not. I just have always found scientific reasoning to prove things thought to be ghosts. It's kind of like the UFO thing, don't believe it and never will until I see it AND touch it. We as humans can scare the crap out of ourselves, horror movies haven't helped any .
When Justin, Tim and myself went to Clinton Road in North Jersey at nite (snowing). I'd lie if I told you I wasn't a little freaked out. I did reason myself into calm pretty quickly and I wish my cell phone camera had a flash so I could pose next to one of those speed limit signs . Oh well.
\"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......Then, you have enough horsepower\" - Mark Donohue
Fasterthanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:10 PM   #23
superblonde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
I'm too scientific . I believe the mind can imagine some crazy stuff if you're setting yourself up to be scared. Like saying "I'm not going to be scared." You're brain focuses on scared and insticnt kicks in and you enter fight or flight.
Believe in ghosts, no, spirits, yes. Spirits that can touch matter (real things), no.
Don't get the feeling that I'm trying to belittle anybody because I'm not. I just have always found scientific reasoning to prove things thought to be ghosts. It's kind of like the UFO thing, don't believe it and never will until I see it AND touch it. We as humans can scare the crap out of ourselves, horror movies haven't helped any .
When Justin, Tim and myself went to Clinton Road in North Jersey at nite (snowing). I'd lie if I told you I wasn't a little freaked out. I did reason myself into calm pretty quickly and I wish my cell phone camera had a flash so I could pose next to one of those speed limit signs . Oh well.
Last time I went down Clinton Rd. with Justin, Tim, and Kare. I spent the duration of the trip down the road with Tim yelling out the window for spirits to possess me (thanks Tim).
Oddly the scariest part of the trip was Karen driving over a median and running through a red light and not even knowing it. Needless to say, ghosts were the least of my worries.
Old 12-10-2004, 08:14 PM   #24
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblonde
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fasterthanyou
Last time I went down Clinton Rd. with Justin, Tim, and Kare. I spent the duration of the trip down the road with Tim yelling out the window for spirits to possess me (thanks Tim).
Oddly the scariest part of the trip was Karen driving over a median and running through a red light and not even knowing it. Needless to say, ghosts were the least of my worries.

talk about run for your life...

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
jims69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2004, 08:44 PM   #25
superblonde

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge