Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning

Notices

Old 08-14-2004, 02:15 AM   #1
V
Stalker

long tube headers for a manual fbody??

anyone got spares? lol, well i mainly just need the drivers side, i bought a used set of i think headman long tube headers for 82-92 f bodys but they wont clear the clutch setup(stock hydraulic slave, etc. ) i guess they are designed for autos only, at least that set was. Anyone know of a set of long tubes that fit a stock fbody t5? I need the header to finish the exhaust on the car i'm building for my GF, a 87 monte ss. If i cant find a header that fits, i guess i'll just have to heat and bend the header i have a little more, and i dont care if i loose a little flow... I just need to finish that car, its killing me...
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2004, 02:21 AM   #2
Slow Z
11 Second Club

I'm confused, one second you're talking about a f-body then all of a sudden your putting f-body headers on a g-body? Did I miss something?
Old 08-14-2004, 02:30 AM   #3
V
Stalker

yea, i fogot to clear that up, lol, i did a 350 tpi swap into the monte, with the stock iroc T5 as well, G or A body headers that i have found dont clear the clutch slave cylinder at all, but from people i have spoke to, i found out f body headers will fit just the drivers side, I have a chevelle header on the pass side already. the camaro header i have fits ok after i heated and bent it a lil, but i'd like a little more room to work with since i still have to install the clutch slave sheild. The car is a 87 monte ss, ttops, 17" ROH snypers, with a rebuilt 350 with speed density stand alone system and the T5 trans. I didnt go for mechanical clutch linkage only due to personal preferences and due to the amoutn of money people want for the setups.
V is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Engine / Power / Tuning