Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 02-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #1
Bangin Bob

Mike Edwards is gettin it done!

Looks like Edwards is starting where he left off. What do you guy's think about the Fords back in pro stock? I'm a Ford guy at heart so I'm glad to see them there. I think it will be good for everyone. Pro stock is my favorite class.

Hanlon Motorsports
Shop: 610-469-2695
Fax: 610-469-2694
www.HanlonMotorsports.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hanlo...18734298209944
Bangin Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
mc73nova

He is a man on a mission.

Anything to help the sport is a good thing. I'm glad Ford got in on the action in P.S. My favorite class as well, I was just telling my wife when we were watching on Sunday, if I ever got a chance to race I would do P.S. The onboard cam video of them bangin gears is awesome.
2015 Ram 3500 Dually Cummins
mc73nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 09:24 AM   #3
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

100% PRO STOCK! Real racer cars have door AND SHIFTERS!

I really like seeing Ford back in the mix. As tight as the class is this is going to probably be a learning year for them.
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 PM   #4
SteveR
I <3 sheep

Edwards has definitely found some horsepower that's for sure.

It's cool to see another manufacturer in Pro Stock. Morgan put down some decent numbers in Pomona and wasn't too bad. With an entirely new chassis design and new engine program, I'd expect certain races to be data gathering, like Denver (high altitude), Gainsville (great weather and always national record capable. They won't have the feel of the car enough yet I don't think to contend with Edwards and the Summit team at the next race), Vegas is always tricky for the tune on Pro Stock with the really dry air and hot track temps, and there's virtually no data on Charlotte as they only ran there once so far and that was last season in the Mopar for that team. The new Mustang car does look pretty awesome too.

I think the move for Mopar to go over to the Avenger is interesting. It looks a little weird being that it looks like a sedan, but with only the front doors opening lol But they said that the aero package on that design is better than anything else out there with the car being 5 inches narrower then everyone else. They said in testing the Avenger was two hundreths and over a full mph faster than the Stratus, which struggled a lot to compete with the Pontiacs and Chevys.

Should be a good year, as long as none of the other races are like the absolute disaster that was Phoenix. The track was so bad that NHRA canceled the Pro Stock race and will run the Phoenix eliminations in Florida. All the drivers were saying that that track has always had a terrible left lane and that it keeps getting worse, and with the PS cars making more power, it's gotten to the point where that lane is simply unsafe for them to run in. Greg Anderson even called out NHRA on national television saying that the left lane in Phoenix is so bad that NHRA was in effect putting the PS driver's lives at risk for letting them run. He was pretty pissed, as he just barely saved his car from being the third car in three strait sessions to flip over. Luckily he pulled the chute in time and got the car under control. Jeg Coughlin was another driver that was pretty pissed about it. He had to pull his chutes around the 900' mark each time he ran the left lane. Kurt Johnson was another driver that almost lost it in that lane. If you look at the videos of both the actual crashes, they are exactly the same. Both cars hit that transition bump, it bounced the back end up, unloaded the suspension, moved the car, and the cars both went right over.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP

Last edited by SteveR; 02-22-2010 at 08:33 PM.
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
chknhwk01
What?

Talking you bet your....................

edwards makes a lot of power, mid on up....
THE FAMOUS ONE215-675-8515 ,AND STEVE SPOHN,and j&g-transmisstions,willow grove,pa,215-659-3022,, R.I.P.JOE PRINCE..
chknhwk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #6
SteveR
I <3 sheep

I don't see anybody catching him this year. His only problem last year was the tree and he's a lot better so far this year.
'78 Big Wheel- 2FWFP
SteveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 07:42 AM   #7
chknhwk01
What?

Thumbs up thats a baddddd azzzzzzzz car

go steward go steward go steward
pro stock ''killer''........ player,s..........
THE FAMOUS ONE215-675-8515 ,AND STEVE SPOHN,and j&g-transmisstions,willow grove,pa,215-659-3022,, R.I.P.JOE PRINCE..
chknhwk01 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing