Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 AM   #1
NJ Torque
11 Second Club

Social Networks:

Talk to me about torque arms!

What are you guys using on your max effort setups?

I currently have a trans mounted stock replacment tubular arm on the car now... would a short or tunnel mounted be better? adjustable of course... let me know what you use!

Thanks

2008 Sierra Vortec Max. 6.2 swapped, headers, Magnaflow catback, GMPP CAI, NHT optioned tow package.

2006 GTO, 11.48 @ 118.3
NJ Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2010, 07:37 AM   #2
Firehawk441

The ideal setup would be from Madman. Unfortunately, if you need to run an exhaust on your car, this setup will make that difficult. If you run a bolt on style short T/A, you are creating alot of flex in the floor where this mounts. The floor in this area has no support to it. I used this style but I have a tubular crossmember inside the car to support the floor. By using a long style T/A you can use the BMR transmission mount that will relocate the T/A from the tranny and on to the trans mount. The area of the floor in your car is already well supported where the transmission mount bolts on. IMO this would be your overall best setup with the least amount of headaches.

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing