Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing

Notices

Old 03-03-2011, 01:49 PM   #26
Pampered-Z
Sliderule / Moderator

I never understand why people think it's a bad thing to be thoroughly teched in, it's your safety they are worried about?

From the meetings I attended it's happening at all tracks. but not as much that tech was lax'd as much as rules are changing and people needed to know that if they didn't have the right equipment they won't be going down the track. NHRA is stepping up the safety requirements and enforcements, and the track's insurance companies are making sure tech is done right. Top Dragster now needs Hans devices, SFI suits went from 2-3 etc. There were roll cage changes made to faster cars etc. the one grumble I heard was that cars with nitrous need it noted and located on the car s should there be a fire we know if there is a bottle and where the bottle is, etc.

I've never seen anyone tossed for going .01 or .02 under unless it was at a major type event. At the least, they may tell you to slow down. if you go way under or dial way under, well that could change things. The track can't allow a car with no cage to dial into the 10s. Don’t see that happening, if the car crashes the track will be fined or even loose it's insurance!
93Z M6 Black: The 385 Lives! Supercharged, 3-core front mount intercooler, GTP heads, 3:73's, Street twin clutch, Jethot Longtubes, Mufflex 4" catback/spintech, S+W cage, Spohn Suspenion, Yada Yada Yada

1) Build it
2) Race it
3) Break it
4) Repeat!!!
Pampered-Z is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Competition Forums > Drag Racing