Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 09:13 PM   #26
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj85z28 View Post
how about you go away, and who the ***** are you anyway? dont ever quote me.
oops, i quoted you. i think i just stated my opinion, i didnt rip into you at all. the only reason i quoted you the first time is so that the other 30 people posting in this thread knew what i was talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79CamaroDiva View Post
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Mercerville MotorSports, LLC
Old 08-15-2007, 09:14 PM   #27
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by jims69camaro View Post
or at least it's playing the jap game on their home turf. it's only a shame that we can't sell as many of our cars to their people as they sell here.
that is true, but i think its in europe not japan itself...i know my girlfriend (who drives one) saw some in london and was confused out of her mind

Quote:
It started before I drove your car. I just have to look at it the wrong way and your car poops parts.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #28
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike View Post
that is true, but i think its in europe not japan itself...i know my girlfriend (who drives one) saw some in london and was confused out of her mind
as would i... hey, wait, i know that car... or do i? nicely done.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 PM   #29
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Quote:
ford puts out a good, reliable car, called the focus. it's in the same class as your honduh and would've saved you money in the long run.

chevy puts out a good, reliable car, called the cobalt. it's in the same class as your honduh and would've saved you money in the long run.

chrysler puts out a good, reliable car, under its dodge brand, called the caliber. it's in the same class as your honduh and would've saved you money in the long run.
what a boring place this would be if everyone agreed.
I guess thats why there are so many different flavors of ice cream. We all have our own opinions and views..yes I agree on that. As I also stated I am not ricing out my DD....so I dont see where the controversy came in it. Not calling people out in it....no need to...its a DD....as cbrrmike has stated "who cares what that car is, half this forum has import or non chevy daily drivers. and almost that many DONT EVEN OWN CAMAROS OR FIREBIRDS"

I dont see why this needed to be a big debate...I wasnt asking anyone to like it or even purchase one soI dont know why some feel the need to bash me down on my decision. And as for bringing this up on an f-body forum...most of the posts in the lounge have NOTHING to do with f-bodies...thats why its a lounge.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:18 PM   #30
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

Congrats on the new car - I hope you enjoy it.

Personally, I would have bought American (like every other car I've owned) but that's your choice. Hopefully it will treat you well, and you'll consider another American car in the future.

- Justin

Old 08-15-2007, 09:19 PM   #31
Mike
BadMod

back on topic.......

i like your new car, but if you come up on a wednesday leave it home

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 PM   #32
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Quote:
back on topic.......

i like your new car, but if you come up on a wednesday leave it home
LOL...Thanks....Elvira is pretty excited about coming out on a Wed.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #33
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_SOM_WS6 View Post
LOL...Thanks....Elvira is pretty excited about coming out on a Wed.

new gm stuff tonight : 5 or 6 gtos, one with a roots blower, a new z06 a couple c5 z06s, 3 camaro ss's, one firehawk, a cobalt ss, 2 saturn skys

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 09:30 PM   #34
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
keep buying those cars and pretty soon there won't be an american car maker left.
i have an issue with statements like this. what "american" company would you like to support? chrysler is the last company standing making more than half of their parts and vehicles in the US, and that is about to change once the transfer of the company is all legal and complete in a few months.
most of the import brands actually produce more vehicles and hire more american union labor than the supposedly domestic brands that people stick up for all the time.
GM has nothing to fear in the long run since every brand in the world buys parts and licenses patents from them. they are like the 3M of the automotive world. lol
if you are concerned with the american market and the american dollar, talk to your government about teaching our youth about business, engineering, and corporate competition instead of telling them it is good enough jsut that they showed up and that losing is ok.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 08-15-2007, 09:31 PM   #35
BonzoHansen
Admin.

Quote:
new gm stuff tonight : 5 or 6 gtos, one with a roots blower, a new z06 a couple c5 z06s, 3 camaro ss's, one firehawk, a cobalt ss, 2 saturn skys
OOoohhh, angry Phil can bring his Redline Ion. LOL

The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand. Or so I have read.

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold. I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors.

Hey everybody, it's good to have you on the Baba-too-da-ba-too-ba-ba-buh-doo-ga-ga-bop-a-dop
Old 08-15-2007, 09:33 PM   #36
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Hot_SOM_WS6 View Post
cbrrmike has stated "who cares what that car is, half this forum has import or non chevy daily drivers. and almost that many DONT EVEN OWN CAMAROS OR FIREBIRDS"

I dont see why this needed to be a big debate...I wasnt asking anyone to like it or even purchase one so I dont know why some feel the need to bash me down on my decision. And as for bringing this up on an f-body forum...most of the posts in the lounge have NOTHING to do with f-bodies...thats why its a lounge.
i know, and instead of replying to that, i came up with facts and figures by checking edmunds.com, which, in turn, supported my opinion.

i care what kind of car you buy. you're living in america, so you, too, should care what kind of car you buy. buying american keeps americans working and it keeps our economy from falling flat on its face. i don't know how you missed out on those facts, but they're true. buying a japanese/korean/german or, for that matter, any car maker not of american origin, means that the dollars after the sale go back to that country. trade with other countries is way out of whack in some instances, as in the japanese case, where they import many more goods than we export to their country. can you guess who's on the winning end of that deal? not the american worker.

any time you see made in america, or made in the USA, it was made by an american company by american workers. by buying that good or service, you provide for those workers' families by keeping food on the table for them. by buying japanese, you keep the japanese workers' families fed. which would you rather do, in your heart? i know we all make mistakes and most of the time it's lack of information, which i intend to remedy. unfortunately, most of the time i find out someone is interested in a foreign made product, it's usually after the sale. i am not trying to make you feel bad for buying your car, but i wish you would do your homework before you buy your next. not only is the stigma of the '80s slowly lifting, but GM/ford/chrysler are actually turning out much better product now than their greatest rival overseas. that's just the plain facts. check out sites like edmunds.com and comsumerreports.com - they can give you the full monty on information without the least bit of emotion, so you can make an informed decision.

i never meant to appear to be bashing you. i know it's a lack of education, and no one should ever be bashed for that. they should, instead, be educated, which i hope i have done.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Last edited by jims69camaro; 08-15-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:35 PM   #37
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
most of the import brands actually produce more vehicles and hire more american union labor than the supposedly domestic brands that people stick up for all the time.
sorry, but you're wrong.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 09:36 PM   #38
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJSPEEDER View Post
if you are concerned with the american market and the american dollar, talk to your government about teaching our youth about business, engineering, and corporate competition instead of telling them it is good enough jsut that they showed up and that losing is ok.
i am and i do. the problem is, not enough of us are doing it.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 09:38 PM   #39
Mike
BadMod

you say you dont mean to be bashing her and the "younger people" but you keep saying we arent educated......well i went to high school and college and i dont remember the "buy american cars 101" class? saying we arent educated is in essence bashing us.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 09:40 PM   #40
Tru2Chevy
Co-Founder / Site Admin

Social Networks:

He only means not educated about this particular topic, which he is trying to educate you on. Not that anyone who buys an import is also illiterate and a 3rd grade dropout.....am I right Jim?

- Justin

Old 08-15-2007, 09:41 PM   #41
jims69camaro

Quote:
you say you dont mean to be bashing her and the "younger people" but you keep saying we arent educated......well i went to high school and college and i dont remember the "buy american cars 101" class? saying we arent educated is in essence bashing us.
you don't learn everything in school. saying you aren't educated means just that, you aren't educated about how things are NOW, not almost 30 years ago, when GM was putting more garbage on the street than the NY sanitation strike. if you want to be insulted then there is no way i am going to change your mind. that wasn't my intent.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 PM   #42
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tru2Chevy View Post
He only means not educated about this particular topic, which he is trying to educate you on. Not that anyone who buys an import is also illiterate and a 3rd grade dropout.....am I right Jim?

- Justin
you obliterated the head of the nail.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 09:44 PM   #43
nj85z28

Quote:
i know, and instead of replying to that, i came up with facts and figures by checking edmunds.com, which, in turn, supported my opinion.

i care what kind of car you buy. you're living in america, so you, too, should care what kind of car you buy. buying american keeps americans working and it keeps our economy from falling flat on its face. i don't know how you missed out on those facts, but they're true. buying a japanese/korean/german or, for that matter, any car maker not of american origin, means that the dollars after the sale go back to that country. trade with other countries is way out of whack in some instances, as in the japanese case, where they import many more goods than we export to their country. can you guess who's on the winning end of that deal? not the american worker.

any time you see made in america, or made in the USA, it was made by an american company by american workers. by buying that good or service, you provide for those workers' families by keeping food on the table for them. by buying japanese, you keep the japanese workers' families fed. which would you rather do, in your heart? i know we all make mistakes and most of the time it's lack of information, which i intend to remedy. unfortunately, most of the time i find out someone is interested in a foreign made product, it's usually after the sale. i am not trying to make you feel bad for buying your car, but i wish you would do your homework before you buy your next. not only is the stigma of the '80s slowly lifting, but GM/ford/chrysler are actually turning out much better product now than their greatest rival overseas. that's just the plain facts. check out sites like edmunds.com and comsumerreports.com - they can give you the full monty on information without the least bit of emotion, so you can make an informed decision.

i never meant to appear to be bashing you. i know it's a lack of education, and no one should ever be bashed for that. they should, instead, be educated, which i hope i have done.
I agree 100% with you.

Even if manufactorers such as Toyota have plants out in the midwest, it matters more where the money ends up in the end. Trying to look out for the "american worker" working at these plants is simply looking at the short term, and not the long term. Theres a good book out there which gives a breakdown of just about any product out there, and it tells you exactly where the money ends up. Its called- "how americans can buy american- the power of consumer patriotism"- and you can get it from amazon or other online bookstores. you'd actually be surprised what country you are supporting by purchasing everyday items. just by taking a few extra minutes at the store to purchase the right brands- made here in the USA- you can help solve these issues and keep american money where it belongs- in America
Old 08-15-2007, 09:46 PM   #44
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
you don't learn everything in school. saying you aren't educated means just that, you aren't educated about how things are NOW, not almost 30 years ago, when GM was putting more garbage on the street than the NY sanitation strike. if you want to be insulted then there is no way i am going to change your mind. that wasn't my intent.
i was just picking apart your choice of words, we have been on the same side of this discussion in the past and i personally agree with you (im on my 3rd fbody, second chevy truck and had a mustang and a couple elcaminos for a short while).....my parents are domestic car owners through and through (with the exception of my mom owning a mgb a while back) and now my dad has a toyota corolla to commute to work in.....dosent mean he likes imports, means he likes gas mileage. they have bought my sister 2 different imports, dosent mean that they want to hurt our economy, or bolster japans, it just means they let her pick a car for herself and didnt force anything on her.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 09:59 PM   #45
jims69camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbrrmike
dosent mean he likes imports, means he likes gas mileage. they have bought my sister 2 different imports, dosent mean that they want to hurt our economy, or bolster japan's
and, yet, that's exactly what has happened. not forcing anything on your sister may have hurt her buying decision - you don't have to force information on someone. they usually listen to what is said (especially in the child/parent relationship, where the parent's opinion is respected) and then make up their own mind. but you have to offer all available information. i know no more about the situation that what you've said here, but i feel a disservice was done to your sister by not providing her with the proper knowledge about all that comes about by a simple decision such as what clothes to buy or what kind of car to drive. i don't know how you got on this side of the argument, have to hope it was your parents, but if it wasn't, where did your love of american products come from? do you gather all available research before you buy american, or do you go through life with blinders on just buying american because you heard it was the thing to do? (kind of switched things up there, for those paying attention.)

i don't mind having to back up my argument. it sharpens my research ability, keeps me on my toes, and in the end, it usually adds an interesting tidbit of information to help the next time the subject comes up.

Save a life.

N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L
Old 08-15-2007, 10:00 PM   #46
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj85z28 View Post
Even if manufactorers such as Toyota have plants out in the midwest, it matters more where the money ends up in the end.
ok, where does the money end up?
labor accounts for about 40% of producing an automobile. figure half of the car parts or the actual assembly is done in the US, so there goes 20% of the price.
now let's look at who serves on the boards of these companies. they are nearly all american business men, the biggest stock holders, most of them are american investment firms. hell, the president of toyota is an american adn former employee of GM who still lists himself as an american citizen and considers his primary residence his property in california. so there goes 3/4 ofthe profit on a new car back to the US, average production margain being around 14%, we will be kind and call that another 9%.
parts and materials production world wide is dominated by who? GM of course. with a labor expense of 40%, a profit margain of 14%, and GM holding more than 50% of the world materials, parts, and automotive patent markets we can see where mot of the money really does end up, right back here in the US.
the problem isn't where the money goes any more. it is image. he foreign companies are very slow to admit where their products are really getting designed and built because of the image of the american worker, not because of any actual lack of ability or willingness to put in a solid day.
GM has more technology in their pockets right now than most of the companies will roll out in the next 5 years, but they need to turn around the image of their brands before it is of any use at all.

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
Old 08-15-2007, 10:01 PM   #47
CJDZ24_Z28

ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...........at a lost for words... I might do dirty things to the car if im left alone with it j/k I do want to say a Chevy Cobalt or Pontiac G6 would of been nice but the Honda will prob last a long time but I can defend the one small domestic I had. Before I ever came to a meet or started posting here I had a 97 Chevy Cavalier Z24. 5-speed 2.4l 4cyl. Fun as **** to drive and i sold here with 193,000 on here to a kid in Connecticut last summer. I e-mailed him about 2 months back and she is gonna hit 206,000 soon and he never replaced a thing. Only thing I ever replaced on that car was the power steering pump Good Luck with her. Im getting a new car itch really bad

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 08-15-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:02 PM   #48
deadtrend1
11 second club / Moderator

I can't believe how much of a ordeal this has become. Her money, she earned it, let her spend it how she wants.

1996 Trans Am WS6 •Pacesetter Longtubes •Strange 12 Bolt •Spohn Suspension •11.152 @ 123.85
Old 08-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #49
Mike
BadMod

Quote:
and, yet, that's exactly what has happened. not forcing anything on your sister may have hurt her buying decision - you don't have to force information on someone. they usually listen to what is said (especially in the child/parent relationship, where the parent's opinion is respected) and then make up their own mind. but you have to offer all available information. i know no more about the situation that what you've said here, but i feel a disservice was done to your sister by not providing her with the proper knowledge about all that comes about by a simple decision such as what clothes to buy or what kind of car to drive. i don't know how you got on this side of the argument, have to hope it was your parents, but if it wasn't, where did your love of american products come from? do you gather all available research before you buy american, or do you go through life with blinders on just buying american because you heard it was the thing to do? (kind of switched things up there, for those paying attention.)

i don't mind having to back up my argument. it sharpens my research ability, keeps me on my toes, and in the end, it usually adds an interesting tidbit of information to help the next time the subject comes up.

she chose her car on its appearance, nothing american fit what she wanted, she didnt care to be educated on american vs import cars. she wanted what she wanted

Quote:
Old 08-15-2007, 10:06 PM   #50
1_Hot_SOM_WS6
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28 View Post
ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...........at a lost for words... I might do dirty things to the car if im left alone with it
LMAO!! WOW...I am at a lost for words with that comment.......On another note...I have some pix to give you from my party......I look nice in the driver seat of ur SS. lol. PM me with where I can send them..lol....
Closed Thread

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Community Forums > Lounge