Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring

Notices

Old 06-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
Blacdout96

4.1 gen headlight owners, please step inside...

After finishing up my prototype A/C delete panel (pics to come later) I'm looking into a new project/service to continue on, but wonder what you guys think of it.

I want to make 93-97 headlight back half assemblies with a 9006/9005 bulb housing so we can use them without having to silicone them in, or replace the assemblies with new $25 ones. I have a housing now that I'm cleaning up, and I'm going to chop the 900X housing off an old car, and put them together and make a rubber mold and pop those out ( these would be injected plastic, not carbon fiber, or glass units) I would prefer to use the old glass lenses since they hold up better, so I would have to cut the glue out, and paste them onto the new unit.

My question is, with people going to HID kits, and with the age of our cars, do you think there is a market for these, and if so, would you guys be willing to pay for the product and the service of transfering the lenses. I would probable buy up old ones off of part outs, which would cut down turn around time, and services, but I sould still ask for the old headlights, maybe a core charge would be in place. Also what would you think a se of these would be worth? I can't really put a price on something that may not even sell, or that no one would be interested in. Worst case scenerio I'd make a set for just myself.

This project will take some time, hopefully considerably less time compared to the A/C delete panel, but I would tag it a year away at the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 PM   #2
Green_Phoenix_LT1

For a firebird I'd be in.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #3
sweetbmxrider
Meet Coordinator

Eh, its a tough sale man. I mean you can just glue them in for basically nothing. I think there are already housings out there too that take those bulbs.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
LTb1ow
Mongo the Meet Coordinator

People that have the money buy a BLS kit, and people that don't will rig something up themselves in most cases. Not sure if it will be too monetarily successful for you but if your overhead is low, might as well try it.
LTb1ow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
Blacdout96

Meh, I figured as much. I'll just make my own set then, and dump a couple on ebay. Like you said LT, BLS came out with a nice HID kit, if your goign to upgrade, it might as well be the whole setup, not just the lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAls87Z28 View Post
Uh yeah, after they surprized buttsecks us at Pearl Harbor?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Tech Forums > Electrical and Wiring