Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Calendar
Go Back   NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events

Notices

Old 01-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #1
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

Race for a Wish

found this on another site, sounds like an awesome event and it isn't too long a drive to get to.

Quote:
Stainless Works announces Race4AWish

Stainless Works announces the 2007 Race4AWish. The event will take place May 30th through June 1st. The event will be at Thompson Drag strip, May 30th, and at Beaverun May 31st through June 1st. The first event will be a drag race; the second will be Open Track, and the third an autocross. The rules will be very simple-competitors must drive their vehicle from event to event, and run on the same DOT tires for all three events (See rules for tire regulations). There are no restrictions on vehicle modifications. Five classes will be used for the Race.

• Vintage American Muscle (Pre 1982, seats 4 or more)
• Modern American Muscle (1982-current)
• Sport Compact
• SuperCar (Corvette, GT, Viper, etc.)
• Street Rod

Scoring will be as follows:
For each event, first place is awarded points equal to 5x the number of official entrants. Each succeeding position is awarded 5 points less than the previous. Thus, if there are 95 entrants, then first place for a particular event would be awarded 475 points with second place receiving 470, third 465 and so on. Similarity, class points for a particular event are awarded with first place receiving points equal to 5x the number of official entrants in that class. Thus, if there are 10 entrants in Vintage American class, first place at each event would receive 50 points, second 45 and so on. A DNS (Did not start) or DNF (Did not finish) receives 0 (zero) points.

To be overall winner and class winner will be determined by the total high scores accrued from each of the contests along the route. Ties will be decided by the total elapsed time in competition events. Trophies will be awarded for overall standings and class winners, and also for overall winner of each daily event.

Registration is $350 for the event can be accomplished by visiting the website: www.race4awish.com and downloading the registration forms. The forms can then be mailed with payment to:

Al Noe/Race 4 a Wish
9899 East Washington St
Chagrin Falls, Oh 44023

Sponsors: Several aftermarket performance companies have sponsored the event. Stainless Works is the title sponsor for the event, and will provide the trophies and class awards. The following companies have enlisted as sponsoring companies:

Stainless Works manufactures high quality CNC mandrel bent headers, exhaust systems, mufflers and components for musclecars, street rods, street machines, trucks, sport compact, and motorcycles. Dyno proven power with the highest quality products available. www.stainlessworks.net

Air Ride Technologies is the leader in air ride suspension systems for Musclecars, Trucks, and Street Rods. Air Ride develops and tests their products in real world driving and racing conditions, so you can be assured that their products perform flawlessly. www.ridetech.com

Buschur Racing manufactures the finest Mitsubishi performance parts and is home to the worlds fastest and first 8 second EVO. If you want an incredibly fast Mitsubishi that you can drive every day, Buschur racing is your one stop shop. www.buschurracing.com

Detroit Speed is home to incredibly innovative, functional suspension and performance upgrades for GM musclecars. Their products improve the functionality of a classic 60’s and 70’s Musclecar and upgrade the handling and drive-ability to match modern, world class sports cars. www.detroitspeed.com

Fidanza is a world class manufacturer of precision cam gears, clutches, flywheels and shifters. When performance counts, count on Fidanza for the best products available. www.fidanza.com

Hawks is your one stop source for all third gen and 4th gen F body performance and restoration parts. As a leader in LS1 Engine upgrades and packages, Hawks can supply all of your engine, transmission, and suspension parts needs.

Unisteer is the premier source for steering solutions for street rods and musclecars. Unisteer™ is dedicated to bringing custom Rack and Pinion steering to Performance, Hot Rod, and Muscle Car, Builders and Drivers. With Unisteer’s unique use of the latest in Rack and Pinion Technology and a world wide sourcing for Power Steering Pumps and Power Gear Boxes to fit cutting edge applications in the Performance and Hot Rod Arenas. www.unisteer.com

One unique aspect of the Race4aWish is that sponsor companies can each invite up to (10) of their customers to compete in the event. As a sponsor company, these (10) customers will be given a $100 discount off the entry to the event. The field will be limited to 100 cars for the overall event. The event at Thompson Dragway will be open to 200 cars (100 additional) and the entry fee for only the drag race event will be $50.

The purpose of the Race4aWish is to raise money for the Make a Wish Foundation. Since 1980, the Make-A-Wish Foundation® has enriched the lives of children with life-threatening medical conditions through its wish-granting work. The Foundation's mission reflects the life-changing impact that a Make-A-Wish® experience has on children, families, referral sources, donors, sponsors and entire communities. The Make-A-Wish Foundation was founded in 1980 after a little boy named Chris Greicius realized his heartfelt wish to become a police officer. Since its humble beginnings, the organization has blossomed into a worldwide phenomenon, reaching more than 144,000 children around the world. Although it has become one of the world's most well-known charities, the Make-A-Wish Foundation has maintained the grassroots fulfillment of its mission.

For more information, contact Al Noe at Stainless Works:
http://www.stainlessworks.net
1-800-878-3635.
alstainlessworks@alltel.net

OFFICIAL RULES ARE ATTACHED TO THIS POST
http://ls1tech.com/forums/attachment...chmentid=85173

New Jersey F-Body Owners Association
NJSPEEDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Blacdout96

that sounds awsome....but in ohio...how long would that take to get there?
Blacdout96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Blacdout96

You know what, Im gonna do it. I have the lisence, and the car, why the hell not, and its only 350...who wants to go wiht me and represent NJFBOA??? believe me, the open course is awsome looking. go to google and put beaverun motor complex, I love it, but it still doesnt beat Lime Rock
Old 01-19-2007, 04:49 PM   #4
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

from teh looks of things it is a 7ish hour drive. no big deal, either straight across on the pa turnpike or on rt80, whichever you prefer. i like rt80, higher average speeds and no tolls

Old 01-19-2007, 05:32 PM   #5
Blacdout96

you thinking about going NJSPEEDER? I dont wanna go alone, i like traveling wiht a group.
Old 01-20-2007, 01:45 AM   #6
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

i would be interested in heading out, but my car would be basically worthless in competition. set up for the strip
i would be willing to go out and spectate though.

Old 01-20-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
Blacdout96

well what do you have on it that makes it setup for strip? od oyu still have the stock components?
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
NJSPEEDER
NJFBOA Co-Founder

it's not going to get changed back and forth just for one event.

Old 01-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #9
Blacdout96

lol, alright...party pooper. idk, i might just buy a beater third gen and have someone race that while i race my car, that way it wouldnt be much of a lose if it got crashed... the liability tho on this is $500,000, where the hell do i get that, and how much would that cost? I guess thats whats sponsers are for.....Hey TTP wanna sponser me?? lol

NJFBOA - Home of New Jersey's Camaros and Firebirds > Event Forums > Cruisers' Corner / Other Events